Carnival fantasy issie

mgoswartz

Does anyone know if the carnival fantasy made it to Miami and when? Any updates today?

Also, does anyone know what the compensation will be for the past weekend detour from Nassau to Freeport? I was on that cruise and very disappointed in the experience as a gold member.

The ship just started leaving Miami.

http://www.portmiamiwebcam.com

They only turn them on when they are planning to move, as they are meant to show ship under way.

However, I will agree with what someone said earlier - the ship looks really dark on the webcam (even when its zoomed in). Funnel isn't lit as normal, and pool deck looks really dark. Can someone on board confirm if it's just the camera or are some of the lights off?

Does anyone know if the carnival fantasy made it to Miami and when? Any updates today?

Also, does anyone know what the compensation will be for the past weekend detour from Nassau to Freeport? I was on that cruise and very disappointed in the experience as a gold member.

Didn't get to Miami until 7pm ish.

What was going on on your cruise? Did they say anything else than just a propulsion issue?

Also, does anyone know what the compensation will be for the past weekend detour from Nassau to Freeport? I was on that cruise a

Ind very disappointed in the experience as a gold member.

I am a faithful VIFP and will continue cruising. I just had a recent bad experience beyond my control.

The only reason they are going to Freeport is the Mechanic forgot to put the muffler bearings back in

That's what frustrates me the most about this situation. Carnival knows damn well they're going back to Freeport so that the contractors can finish looking into the problem. Which is a good thing to do to ensure the ship is fixed and fully operational. I just wish they would come out and be totally transparent about it.

After reading all the posts, I think I get it. Carnival was in dry dock, but had shoddy work done. So, they need to go back to have it fixed. So instead of going back to dry dock to get fixed (will loose revenue), they instead keep all the passengers booked on the ship, and sail her to the dry dock, instead of providing the vacation that was picked out and paid for.

The right thing to do, is give everyone a free cruise (not the taxes etc, just the cruise) and get new contractors the next time.

Sure glad I am not on her, again don't take the first (or it looks like the second) cruise after a dry dock! Fantasy was great during her time in Charleston, the Ecstasy has replaced her and did/is doing a wonderful job! So glad we did the Ecstasy a couple of weeks ago and not the Fantasy this week....

After reading all the posts, I think I get it. Carnival was in dry dock, but had shoddy work done. So, they need to go back to have it fixed. So instead of going back to dry dock to get fixed (will loose revenue), they instead keep all the passengers booked on the ship, and sail her to the dry dock, instead of providing the vacation that was picked out and paid for.

The right thing to do, is give everyone a free cruise (not the taxes etc, just the cruise) and get new contractors the next time.

I see we have a dry dock expert

Cruiserfanatic, Sounds like you are defending Carnival. Stuff happens, but this was very poorly handled from customer service perspective. Passengers have not been compensated for the downgraded itinerary or their additional expenses.

Passengers do not have to be compensated for a change in itinerary.

So you think Carnival would be better off cancelling the next cruise than simply changing destinations? Put down the crackpipe!