All Things EARTH... part 2

CCHelp

Wonderful pictures Melody! We had a fun but busy weekend. I'll post more tomorrow about all of our activities, including a wedding reception with fireworks!

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Nice pictures Melody ! We had a busy week end and Gary is getting ready for his total knee on Thursday so of course my washer broke . My appliances always break at the wrong time .I think they do that to get even with me working them so hard . New washer coming Wednesday !

Edited by Sailor_Sally

Sally, I hope too that Gary has a quick recovery.

As you all know, I had a wedding on Friday evening. The wedding itself was beautiful, with a lot of smiles to go around. The priest officiating was my brother-in-law, so he obviously knows the groom and bride. Things like that can add a really special, personal touch to the ceremony. The reception was a lot of fun also, and there were fireworks! They are one of my favorite things and the weather was absolutely perfect to be outside watching them.

Saturday was my older daughter's birthday. When we asked what she wanted to do, she asked to go to a Chiefs game. The Syracuse Chiefs are our minor league baseball team. We had a lot of fun at the game, with fireworks and perfect weather again!

Sunday, my girls and I took a trip to the Waterloo Outlet Mall. I don't really pay a lot of attention to the driving time, but I would say it is just over an hour away, using the thruway. We talked beforehand about visiting stores we don't shop in often along with our favorites. One store that surprised me was Loft. I always thought they were overpriced and made for "stick" people. I was wrong. The prices can be a little high at times, but not drastically. Also, they have great sales. This was the outlet store, and I got some wonderful deals. There are some really nice earthy colors out and they were carrying some of them.

The cinnamon/rust color is really big this year. I'm also seeing more than the normal amount of olive green as well.

I got a few tops for work and some casual weekend wear. One thing I loved was the fit of their cropped chinos. They fit so well, and have a nice, polished look to them. They have a variety of colors to choose from too.

I found that the jeans from Gap fit me great. The store had 50% off everything, and I paid $29.00. That wasn't a "steal" but I think it was a good price for jeans, especially ones that fit me so well. I think the style was called Perfectly Straight. I really like the way they look...it's not a skinny jean, which looks better on me than it used to, but still isn't the best thing for me.

Then I grabbed a few clearance exercise tops at the Eddie Bauer Outlet and a casual dress there. It's a shirt dress with a tie? I will have to get used to it, it is very different for me.

Anyway, it was a fun day! Yesterday I just relaxed a bit. I did some odds and ends around the house but nothing big.

I have a question for my favorite fashion gals...

We have a wedding coming up in 3 weeks. The wedding is at an adorable little Catholic Church on Friday at 3pm. Family is meeting for drinks at a very nice, but casual lodge on the lake at 7 pm Friday night. The reception is Saturday night at the same lodge. Do you all agree that I need three separate outfits? I am thinking a dress for the wedding, maybe a nice pair of capris and nicer top with wedges for drinks and a dressy pair of pants and top with nice sandals (but not as dressy as a dress) for the reception? I have never been to a wedding celebration that was broken up time wise like this!

Melody, hope your family continues to heal!

Sally and Gary, Good luck on your surgery! Hope recovery is super fast!

Independence Day was quiet for us here, just spent it with a few friends and lots of relaxing! Had 4 days off so tomorrow is back to work!

Thanks

LAuri

I would say three or two. Three is mire likely though considering the church and casual drinks are in one day. Then another outfit for the Saturday reception. What you are describing for attire sounds good.

I think it might be possible to get away with one outfit on Friday if you have a casual but nice dress. Maybe use jewelry and shoes to dress it up for church and then use flat, casual sandals for the drinks?

I'd go with 2 outfits using the same for the Friday events. You might not have time to change after the wedding. I would bring different shoes to change into.

DD was told today that she can't run more than s 5K anymore, her heart is heavy (she's a marathon runner). Les is still trying to pass the kidney stones, I expect they'll blast them on Friday. I'm waiting to get my surgery date to get my foot fused. Melody

I would go with two outfits . A dress or pants for the wedding & the same dress or pants for drinks on Friday .

Melody , Sorry about your daughter & your husband . Kidney stones are so painful and it is a shame that your daughter can no longer do marathons .

My new Washer arrived today . It is a top loading HE Washer so I have to get used to it but so far so good . Apparently the agitator washers are history so these and front loaders are the only options.

Sally, I have an LG top loading HE washer & love it. Just make sure to buy the HE detergent the other is not as effective. Much less wear & tear on clothes without the agitator. Jeans especially come out better

Yesterday I took my nieces to Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty. We went from the NJ side and it was excellent! I swore the last time I went that I would never go again. The lines in NYC are ridiculous. This is totally the way to go. Ordered our tix online, walked right through security with no wait, right onto the ferry, and the ferry ride is so much shorter.

Last night we went to the musical An American in Paris. Spectacular!!!! In one scene the actress, a redhead, was wearing a champagne color dress with EARTH purple shoes, hat and gloves -- very 50's style -- and it was stunning. I wanted to tackle her for her outfit. :)

Today we were all day at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. They have free one hour "highlights of the collection" tours so we went on that while my littlest niece did the Art Trek (which included guided sketching). They all loved the Egyptian galleries and the sculpture court.

So, my two tips for visiting NY are to visit the Statue from Liberty State Park, and to take advantage of the free tours at the museum.

I feel like I've been on a vacation. :)

Hi Everyone,

Just popped in to say Hi! Been dealing with a lot of family (parents) health problems so I can relate to what Sally, Gary, and Melody's family are going through. Hope everyone heals quickly and completely.

Just threw a huge 4th of July party that turned out great. Met someone new to the group and she was very sweet. She sent me a beautiful thank you card and information about traveling to Cuba which is something I've been wanting to do for years and years now. It's so expensive though. Can't wait for prices to go down at some point.

The DH and DS are doing great. The DS has a paid internship at CBS in Studio City, CA and is realizing that sitting in an office all day isn't his thing but he's finding the work interesting and enjoys the paychecks. LOL!

Well ladies...hope you all have a great summer. I'll be heading back to FL to visit the folks when the DS goes back to school the beginning of August. We are going to be going to FL for Christmas this year which I'm looking forward to. Then next year we have my niece's wedding in Cancun in Feb. and her sister's wedding in June at a dude ranch in Colorado. But most important to me is the DS's graduation in May! It seems like just yesterday I was on here telling you all about how hard it was to see him off to college and now...it's almost graduation time. When I say the time has flown...it's like super sonic fast!

Best wishes to all,

Peace Out...Mousey (Got that from the DS...LOL!)

Edited by mousey

Mousey! Good to see you back. Sounds like an eventful time

Les is having surgery to remove the kidney stones(s) on Monday (unless it finally passes on its own this weekend). Poor location to blast. Neither of us are looking forward to it [emoji30] Melody

Melody , Hope your husband's surgery goes well .

Mousey ,Nice to hear from you . Dealing with aging parents is tough .WE are also looking into a trip to Cuba . The prices are high but the Fathom cruise to Cuba is not sailing full so they are offering discounts .

Les's surgery went exceedingly well & he feels much better than anticipated

I found out today that they're going to fuse my whole foot instead of just 2 toes & that I have 2 huge (docs words) neuromas - sigh. There goes the 20 lbs I lost [emoji30]

Could be worse

Edited by awhfy

Poor Melody, foot pain is awful. Glad to hear that Les's surgery went well. Is he back home?

Mousey, you've had your hands full. It seems like just yesterday your DS was going off to school!

I'll be heading back to MI at the end of the month because my dad has a melanoma on his forehead. He'll be getting a comprehensive skin check and we'll schedule the surgery. I'm taking him to the University of Michigan hospital because they have a Melanoma Center there.

Here is a picture I took from the ferry... in the center distance you can see the Queen Mary 2 docked in Brooklyn. I wish I had a cruise vacation to work on!

statue.jpg.b5a250cc24356782ca2b94d57d20baac.jpg

Margaret hope all goes well with your dad. I get deep dive skin checks every 4 months. My derm does MOHS surgery (& had a residency in plastic surgery as well)

Love the picture

Les is home & feeling really well (I have him tied [emoji6] to his recliner till Thursday). I know he's not 100% cause he's not trying to do yard work. It helps that it's 98 degrees outside & house is cool [emoji6]. Melody

Melody,

Glad to hear everything's going well for Les. Hope it turns out the same for you when you have your surgery. Hang in there...all will be well.

Margaret,

I wish the same for your Dad...that everything goes well with his surgery too.

Today my Dad had a bad morning but he was fine later in the day. Their washing machine broke down so I'll have to have it fixed or get them a new one. Funny thing...I just went out and bought myself a new washer yesterday as my 17 year-old one bit the dust. Dang! It's always something right!!!

I'm looking forward to getting the new washer installed tomorrow and having the old one hauled away so that should be a good day!

So, I'm out of the loop...who is going where and when as far as cruises go? I have no clue when we might do another one given all the financial stuff going on with us right now. Next official trip is to AZ to take the DS back to college. His last year...WOW! He's deciding between going to law school (that came as a shock but I guess it could be because I've always told him he'd make a great lawyer [which he really would]) or going for his masters or going into the work force for a couple of years and then going for an MBA. Big decisions for a 21 yr. old to make. We'll back whatever decision he makes though I'm leaning towards his getting the MBA.

Well that's it for today! Here's hoping everyone has a better day tomorrow!

:)Mousey

Edited by mousey

Mousey congrats for your DS. My two cents, its so much easier to stay in school, get the MBA while you're still in the study mode. Those of us that did the work first route know how difficult it is to work a full time job, raise a family & go to school. It can & has been done, but it is not the easier way. Get the MBA then go to law school, you're much better prepared (& a lot of the classes are the same do you don't have to take them again ($$$).

Melody

On the cruise into. We're doing b2b on Royal's Liberty out of Galveston, 23 & 30 April 2017. Never done a b2b before, excited! We have a land vaca (family wedding) on Sanibel Island (3weeks) starting the day after Thanksgiving. Nothing else planned except surgery & pt [emoji22]. Melody

We have a transatlantic to Spain & Portugal booked for next april & currently we are watching the Fathom Cuba prices and hope to grab a last minute fare . In two weeks I am going to spend some time with my daughter & grandchildren in New York state .

Mouse, I got back from my cruise a month ago. There are pics a few pages back. My next cruise is September of 2017. That is way too long! We are hoping to do a short little driving trip in September of this year but we aren't sure. I really wanted to visit NYC until I found out that the hotels were over $400 a night. Now I need to figure out something else.

Lots of surgeries going on! I wish everyone well.

Any suggestions on where to find earthy suits for work? I am having major issues finding anything other than black or gray. There is some navy out there. I just found some dress pants in brown on JCPenney online. No jackets though. Any earthy jackets or pants is what j need. And shoes. No brown shoes out right now, it seems.

Laurie, I found a nice cocoa brown blazer & coordinating pants (Apt 9) here in our local Kohls. They didn't have my size, but the quality looked pretty good, maybe on line? I've noticed the stores are full of fall/winter clothes already (98 here yesterday) with no one even going near it. Melody