Princess Machu Picchu tour

oskidunker

I would not advise doing this tour through Princess .We had several problems and the cost was high,$2100.00 per person for a two night excursion.

1. No information was provided by Princess as to the schedule. When we asked,we were told we would find out at the hotel. Surely they could have communicated with the tour operator given us am idea of what was going to happen.

The first day we docked in Pisco and had to get up at 5:30 am. Little did we know there would be a 5 hour bus ride to Lina for the flight to Cusco. A box lunch was the only food provided and it was not very good. We arrived at the hotel around 6pm

The 5 star hotel,which was very nice served us a bowl of rice for dinner with no other options. I was so tired I just skipped this dinner after waiting one hour to be served.

The next day it was up at 5:30 am again for a 40 minute bus ride along with a 1.5 hour train ride. The another 40 minute bus ride. We spent 2.5 hours at the site. Back to the hotel and a somewhat better dinner although no vegetables or salad. Other diners in the restaurant had much better food than out group.

The day of the return to the ship,we had to get up at 3:30 am to board a 7am flight back to Lima.

Also there was supposed to be a Princess representative or nurse on this trip. We never saw this person nor did they introduce themselves

A written complaint while on the Ocean Princess generated a letter from Isabel Perez denying any partial refund

Do your self a favor and spend at least three days on this excursion and do not do it through Princesd

We did a one way cruise San Diego to Lima and did our own thing once we arrived. Since the cruise could be done as a round trip, HAL offered a Machu Picchu tour which quite a few people took during the 3 day stop in Lima. It seemed like a really poor way to see MP since the time is so short and there are so many other challenges--altitude, infrastructure issues, and possible weather problems. It was so expensive that you could practically take a separate trip there and stay much longer for the same price. The main reason we heard for taking that tour was that the passengers did not want to have to take that long flight to Peru.

Since we did the one way, we did our own tour of not only Machu Picchu, but the Sacred Valley and Lake Titicaca. There is so much more to see than just MP.

I would not advise doing this tour through Princess .We had several problems and the cost was high,$2100.00 per person for a two night excursion.

1. No information was provided by Princess as to the schedule. When we asked,we were told we would find out at the hotel. Surely they could have communicated with the tour operator given us am idea of what was going to happen.

The first day we docked in Pisco and had to get up at 5:30 am. Little did we know there would be a 5 hour bus ride to Lina for the flight to Cusco. A box lunch was the only food provided and it was not very good. We arrived at the hotel around 6pm

The 5 star hotel,which was very nice served us a bowl of rice for dinner with no other options. I was so tired I just skipped this dinner after waiting one hour to be served.

The next day it was up at 5:30 am again for a 40 minute bus ride along with a 1.5 hour train ride. The another 40 minute bus ride. We spent 2.5 hours at the site. Back to the hotel and a somewhat better dinner although no vegetables or salad. Other diners in the restaurant had much better food than out group.

The day of the return to the ship,we had to get up at 3:30 am to board a 7am flight back to Lima.

Also there was supposed to be a Princess representative or nurse on this trip. We never saw this person nor did they introduce themselves

A written complaint while on the Ocean Princess generated a letter from Isabel Perez denying any partial refund

Do your self a favor and spend at least three days on this excursion and do not do it through Princesd

I can reconfirm what was reported here....we had a similar experience last year....complained along with many others.....Princess obviously never listened.....go see this site....just don't do it with Princess.