Air questions

riandei

we just booked our first O cruise today leaving from Barcelona

the air option that is showing on the O website is awful

they are flying us from Philadelphia to miami to sit for 6 hours prior to flying to barcelona

there is a direct flight from Philadelphia

my question is this ... are there choices / options for air or do they only offer 1 option ??

thank you

they are flying us from Philadelphia to miami to sit for 6 hours prior to flying to barcelona

my question is this ... are there choices / options for air or do they only offer 1 option ??

thank you

You can pay a deviation fee of $175 PP to select alternative flights. I would assume (but hope someone else that knows for sure will chime in) that you would also have to pay the difference in the cost of the flight, since a direct flight would likely be more expensive.

I am guessing you are just taking what O has offered

Most people fly in a day or more early & pay the deviation fee to pick the flights/routes they want

If you do not want to pay the deviation fee you are at the mercy of the air dept ;)

Some routes you may or may not have to pay an upcharge when choosing specific flights

If you used a TA see if you can still pay the deviation fee & pick more suitable flights

JMO

thank you

Use ITA Matrix website (or app) to compare the O "one stop" offering retail price to the retail price of the direct flight you've found. It's a good bet there will be a significantly higher price on the direct flight.

With O, it's always best to determine the air credit and compare your net cost to fly when and how you want to do it vs using O flights with the added cost of deviation plus airfare difference for your preference.

Use ITA Matrix website (or app) to compare the O "one stop" offering retail price to the retail price of the direct flight you've found. It's a good bet there will be a significantly higher price on the direct flight.

With O, it's always best to determine the air credit and compare your net cost to fly when and how you want to do it vs using O flights with the added cost of deviation plus airfare difference for your preference.

Thank you...im not sure how this site works...but when i plug in my details the flights that Oceana has chosen do not even come up on the list

Thank you...im not sure how this site works...but when i plug in my details the flights that Oceana has chosen do not even come up on the list

That suggests O has chartered. You can still look for similar connections and compare price with non-stop.

Recently, I was looking for a pre-Christmas getaway and the O credit for RT SFO/MIA on United (one layover each way) is $347. Oceania credit is $300. But to deviate, you need to add the deviation fee + $47 to fly when in/out when you want days earlier/later. Most importantly, if you've got FF points, the O arrangements may not qualify as upgradeable.

While you're at it, check into exitfares.com which combs other travel sites for great deals on flights and sends you notices (even better than airfarewatchdog.

Because O will piece out the flights

Why not just ask Oceania air dept or your TA to see if it can be changed to something you prefer

At this late stage in the game it may not be possible under the FREE option

This is why people advise to pay the deviation & work with Oceania to get the flights you want

Or take the air credit & book your own flights

I would never fly in the same day as the cruise anyway so for me we usually pay the deviation if it works for us

YMMV

Edited by LHT28

Thank you again for the info

I spoke with O this morning as I booked directly with them and they changed us to the NONstop with no charge

Im very happy and quite pleased with the service !!!!

Glad you got it sorted