Arrival time enforced on Getaway?

mah702

Traveling on the Getaway in less then 2 weeks. Was going through online check-in and saw there are 0 slots available for arrival times before 11:30am. Was planning on getting to the port between 9-9:30am to hopefully get an early boarding pass number to have a better chance to grab some vibe passes.

Are those arrival times enforced or are they just used to help spread out when the passengers arrive but don't really matter? Anyones experiences would be appreciated. Thanks:)

We stayed in a hotel that had a shuttle leaving for the port around 12. We decided to take a taxi at 10:00. No one asked about our boarding time. It got very congested at about 11 AM and then it was standing room only. They began boarding at 12:10 for group 1. I imagine it took a few hours to process people arriving at noon. The terminal is too small for ships the size of the Getaway. I think reserving your boarding time is just an attempt at discouraging people getting there before noon.

When can I request my boarding time?

I'll be sailing in Haven in August so won't need then but sailing in a Spa Cabin on Getaway next February so will need/want to request a time (hopefully early).

Thank you.

When can I request my boarding time?

During the online check-in there is a selection field for the arrival time - it is not a boarding time but only a suggested time to arrive to the terminal. Boarding group numbers are handed our first come, first served when arriving to upper floor of the terminal, after checking in.

Edited by Demonyte

During the online check-in there is a selection field for the arrival time - it is not a boarding time but only a suggested time to arrive to the terminal. Boarding group numbers are handed our first come, first served when arriving to upper floor of the terminal, after checking in.

Thank you. I can do online check in anytime or after final payment?