no sign up sheet at Explorers desk

SeaBands

Hope you mentioned it on your report post cruise.

Better still I would have filled out one of the cards in the cabin for compliments and complaints.

I agree with this course of action. I know from experience that those comment cards are reviewed and acted upon, usually, quickly. If the response is not satisfactory, a request to speak with the Guest Relations Manager would be in order.

:) It seems that if you look in the center of the library, there is a place on the wall where everyone places index cards looking for bridge partner, chess players, etc etc. You have to look for it but I've seen it on almost every HAL cruise that I've sailed on. And there were plenty.

I wonder if you were on the eurodam. That librarian has to be the rudest Hal employee I've ever met. So lazy. Everyone I met on the ship complained about her including one of my cabana neighbors and he was one of the nicest people I've ever met.

That's very sad to hear.

Another reason to sign up for roll calls I guess - since we start forming teams ( at least on ours) pre-cruise and finish after the meet and greet.

Sorry to hear this

Our librarian/computer person wasn't rude, but she sure wasn't very helpful, and hardly ever there on a 3 week cruise. Sadly, another one of those cutbacks.

Lizzie68,

Is it a cutback? Or is it another example of inconsistency of the cruise product that should be delievered to that ship's guests?

Lizzie68,

Is it a cutback? Or is it another example of inconsistency of the cruise product that should be delievered to that ship's guests?

Well at one time there was a librarian AND a computer person there (I don't mean the one in the Digital workshop). They merged the two positions and cut the hours.:(

Edited by Lizzie68

Well at one time there was a librarian AND a computer person there (I don't mean the one in the Digital workshop). They merged the two positions and cut the hours.:(

On our recent cruise, I was beginning to wonder if the librarian existed! When we finally found her to ask our question, she answered quickly and excused herself because she had to go help with tendering. I don't know what her task was. Giving out tickets, maybe?

and we noted it on our fist week comment card as well as the follow up email from HAL.

Thank you. I did the same. Normally I've found the librarians to be very nice and helpful. This one had quite an attitude if it's the same one that was on in October. Normally I email my sister every day and the Internet was not working so I knew she'd be worried. I said to her "for all she knows, I could be dead". Her snotty reply was " if you were dead it would be all over the news :rolleyes:". She was sitting with a buddy and they had a big laugh over it :rolleyes:. I wasn't amused by the comment.

Edited by cruz chic

Lizzie

We have noticed the last couple of years that there isn't an Internet Tech person. The librarian does that job. Her her/his job hours have been cut way back.

We saw the librarian handing out tender tickets one day. A couple of other days he/she was outside on the dock helping to organize groups of people.

Lizzie

We have noticed the last couple of years that there isn't an Internet Tech person. The librarian does that job. Her her/his job hours have been cut way back.

We saw the librarian handing out tender tickets one day. A couple of other days he/she was outside on the dock helping to organize groups of people.

Thanks, KK. That would explain why she is hardly ever there. At one time when there was a computer person and a librarian, I understand they covered for each other when one was absent. Now the one person obviously has to learn to multi-task.