Getaway Studios- largest

C2Rer

I have sailed on the studio's on Epic, Getaway and Breakaway two time for each ship and in different locations. There is no difference in size they are all 100 sq ft. I always wondered why they say the difference in size. Unless there is an accessible studio that I am unaware of that might be larger to accommodate a wheelchair, which is pure speculation on my part.

Just got off the getaway on Sunday and missing my little studio dearly. Would definitely go that route again was just wondering if there are some with size variance since it does say 99-131. You're probably right about it being for accessible needs.

Just got off the getaway on Sunday and missing my little studio dearly. Would definitely go that route again was just wondering if there are some with size variance since it does say 99-131. You're probably right about it being for accessible needs.

I can understand your feeling. I have sailed in a studio on the Epic and have a cruise on the Breakaway coming up in one that I am really looking forward to. It may be surprising to some but I truly enjoyed that little cabin. I felt snug as a bug in a rug as they say, and I missed mine too once I got home. Yeah, I know some will claim its post cruise blues, and I always have them, but I don't always miss my cabin. If one has never done it, you should try one. They are a lot nicer tag you could ever believe!

Edited by bobg529

I believe the studio cabin size variance is by ship not within a ship. On Getaway, they are all the same size - 99sq ft.. I would pick one that didn't have a connecting door.

hmm...if you had someone you liked enough to have a connecting door with, why would you get a studio in the first place...

hmm...if you had someone you liked enough to have a connecting door with, why would you get a studio in the first place...

Quite a few couples sleep in separate bedrooms at home (one example of why might be snoring issues) and they will book connecting cabins to be able to have separate bedrooms on these ships as well.

I have sailed on the studio's on Epic, Getaway and Breakaway two time for each ship and in different locations. There is no difference in size they are all 100 sq ft. I always wondered why they say the difference in size. Unless there is an accessible studio that I am unaware of that might be larger to accommodate a wheelchair, which is pure speculation on my part.

Hi i am sailing on the Escape in September in a studio cabin #11503....Is this in a good location? and in October i am sailing on the Breakaway studion cabin #11519...and in November i am sailing on the Epic in stuido cabin #11521...Are all these cabins that i have picked in in good locations? This is my first time experiencing sailing in a solo cabin.... another question is there enough room to store all your clothing and is there draw space....as far as toiletries go...is there enough storge room to put them....also does the studio come equipt with a salon style hair dryer or should i bring my own...and as far as my luggage a 28" piece of luggage will this fit underneath the bed, or i would have to have the cabin steward store it away for me... sorry for all the questions....

One more questions...i am booked on the Getaway for the Transatlantic Sailing ...it is doing a 16 night sailing...and i am booked in solo cabin 11501...do you think i will do fine in a solo cabin for that length of time?

Hello,

It says the studio cabins are 99-131 ft. Does anyone know which ones are the largest cabins?

Thanks!

The think the size range is due to the POA (Pride of America) having studio cabins that are larger than the other ships in the fleet. From what I remember the 4 studio cabins on the POA were converted from standard interior rooms, which on that ship measure a cozy 132 sq ft. The four ships that were built with studio rooms from the outset all have the same square footage and basic layout at approx 100 sq ft per studio. Hope that helps clarify things :D

My best friend and I are looking at doing a cruise with connecting studios. That allows us to have the door open when we want and door closed when we need privacy. Sharing a balcony or mini suite would cost us about the same and not give us that option. Plus as others have said there are couples who prefer separate rooms (beds) for many reasons, and like the additional washroom space as well. Connecting studios make that an affordable option.

Hi i am sailing on the Escape in September in a studio cabin #11503....Is this in a good location? and in October i am sailing on the Breakaway studion cabin #11519...and in November i am sailing on the Epic in stuido cabin #11521...Are all these cabins that i have picked in in good locations? This is my first time experiencing sailing in a solo cabin....

another question is there enough room to store all your clothing and is there draw space....

IMG_0012-1.jpg

2 flat closets and see below picture for other storage. No drawers but lots of cubby holes.

as far as toiletries go...is there enough storge room to put them....IMG_0009.jpg

Shelf on the right side above soap dispenser

also does the studio come equipt with a salon style hair dryer or should i bring my own...

IMG_0007.jpg

and as far as my luggage a 28" piece of luggage will this fit underneath the bed, or i would have to have the cabin steward store it away for me... sorry for all the questions....

yes it will fit under the bed. The steward would have no place to store it for you anyways. They don't do that any more.

One more questions...i am booked on the Getaway for the Transatlantic Sailing ...it is doing a 16 night sailing...and i am booked in solo cabin 11501...do you think i will do fine in a solo cabin for that length of time?'

Yes! There is a lot to do on that ship, and I bet the pools and the slides won't be busy at all. Also get to know the group, hang out in the Studio Lounge (if there is one).

The best tip I can give you is DO NOT MISS the first Solo Gathering!! You'll meet the co-ordinator, go as a group to dinner and plan excursions and shows. Have a great time!

I did a studio once on the Epic, upgraded from studio to balcony on my last 2 Breakaways and am returning to the Studio on the Escape in December.

My recommendations are the following:

1. As mentioned above make it to the solo gatherings at least the first few nights- I liked going and didn't skip them until later when sometimes we already had plans.

2. I prefer a non-connecting studio

3. My 28" and 22" did fit under the bed

4. Take down the hangers (learned this from someone) they do rattle sometimes.

5. Take air freshner just in case for bathroom.

6. For the heck of it, check a week or 2 before- you might be able to upgrade but I would say as someone that wants to be out and not in the room- as opposed to sitting on my balcony I preferred sitting outside elsewhere on the ship

• 5 months later...

I did my first transatlantic on the Epic in a studio. Loved it. Did not want to leave. Love the lounge with the BEST coffee maker in the world. Our solo assistant set up wonderful dinner groups and entertainment groups.

The steward will store your luggage under the bed. Unless you have lots of items to hang the hangers rattle around.

I specifically booked a studio for my March 2017 trip.

Enjoy.

• 6 months later...

I just booked my first 'studio' on the Escape....this is a 'girls cruise' and we decided on booking our own studios....in the past, we've booked OV's, balconies and even large suites....I am really looking forward to the studio....(since the friend I usually end up rooming with always has something to say about my snoring....or I left my phone on and it dinged all night)....

Question....this is a girls cruise....(right now there are 3 of us, but possibly more)...we are not really 'solo travelers' .....do you think we should still go to the solo gatherings?

I cruised with my adult son and we would not do well sharing a cabin. The connecting studios were perfect for us, as we could discuss our upcoming day or review at night what we did do separately, but have our privacy when needed. We actually had the door open much more often than I anticipated. And you can't beat having 2 toilets and showers!

I'll be sailing in a studio on Escape in December. This is a first for me. Any tips?

Thanks!

Carrie

There are also large wicker baskets under the bed where I typically keep my shorts, tops and other items that don't need to be hung. I also take one of those small, flat folding "drawers" that I put at the bottom of my closet for underwear, socks, etc.