Waiting for the best cruise fare? do they change?

mcroadman

We are looking at the fares on this current Wow deal and wondering if the fares go up and down alot.

Can we wait until towards the end of the deal?

Are fares likely to go up if they are selling a lot of cabins?

I realize I might end up with a less desirable front balcony rather than mid, which is what we want.

Is the $500 deposit half of their standard deposit? The deal says only 50% of deposit.

Thank you,

Mary

I have found that booking the earlier the better has usually worked for us! I have a few cruises booked through March, 2017 and prices have only risen! You might try finding the week you want to cruise, then go to the blog for that week and talk to your fellow cruisers to see how much they paid and if prices have gone down or up for them.:rolleyes: If you're unsure about how to book yourself, call the RCI 800 number and talk to a representative; they will be very helpful and can answer most (sometimes) of your questions. Good luck and happy cruising!:cool:

Agree that earlier is better. In my experience, fares mostly rise. Also, remember that up until final payment you can get your fare adjusted if the price does drop, so there is no advantage to waiting.

I see that you are on the March 4, 2017 FOS with us! If you haven't joined your fellow cruisers yet for that week, come chat with us on the attached link below!;)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2191621&page=5

I had the same questions as you when I first started scouting for the best deal. I quickly learned, booking early is the best and and as others here have already advised, check for price drops, it sometimes happens. If the price drops before your final payment you can normally get the better price but be aware, in some instances a lower price could mean less OBC, just simply ask who ever you booked the cruise with.

All of my experiences support the "early is better" philosophy. go ahead and book and get your choice cabin.

And, now that I said that... I just checked and there has been a price drop on my next cruise... we're after final payment date.

We always like to book early to get the choice of cabins. We also always check for price reductions. We were lucky with the current sale. We are sailing on Freedom of the

Seas on May 29. We just got a $200 price reduction and they added the $100 OBC.

Book early. You get the best selection of cabins, can usually take advantage of fare drops (some exceptions), and lately the fares have been lowest early on. Especially the smaller ships. I booked my next cruise over a year ago (go in 3 weeks). The same cabin today is over $1000 per person more. So.. book early.