New Regal TV Show ,The Cruise,

Shogun

Hi All

Good show tonight,

Captain doing wedding vows

Employee of the mouth, senior crew pick buy secret ballot, hundreds of crew attend big party, good looking food, they get a lot time off, money, deck privileges, diner, etc

Crew work hard every day for months, pics of crew galley,

Shows how we get fresh water from the sea,

Still too much Tim

Biggest issue show is to short

yours Shogun

Hi All

Good show tonight,

Captain doing wedding vows

Employee of the mouth, senior crew pick buy secret ballot, hundreds of crew attend big party, good looking food, they get a lot time off, money, deck privileges, diner, etc

Crew work hard every day for months, pics of crew galley,

Shows how we get fresh water from the sea,

Still too much Tim

Biggest issue show is to short

yours Shogun

I was horrified.

I felt the comment by the Captain re those renewing their vows was awful. Along the lines of he always wondered "which one of them had been naughty"

If I had been the couple featured who had been married 50 years and seemed devoted to each other, I would have been extremely upset by such a cynical remark.

He might have a point on some occasions, but it is one of those things you might htink but really shouldn't say.

He has a position, and he let Princess down I felt.

Edited by evitacruiser

Hi

Captains comment was made to the TV crew and in fun,

have renewed vows with Princess and would do it again great experience,

have also sailed and chatted to Captain Perrin he is a first rate Captain.

yours Shogun

Hi

Captains comment was made to the TV crew and in fun,

have renewed vows with Princess and would do it again great experience,

have also sailed and chatted to Captain Perrin he is a first rate Captain.

yours Shogun

I really did not find it funny nor did several friends who also watched it.

If I had renewed my vows I would not be happy that the Captain believed we were doing so because one of us had broken them. I am surprised you are so sanguine about it. I suspect you are in the minority.

Perhaps he was joking, but he clearly had thought it, and I wouldn't want to renew my vows before someone who had such thoughts.

He was very unwise to express those views on TV.

Edited by evitacruiser

I like the behind the scenes aspect of it. Of course it may be a bit too much ' inside baseball', but not bad. I too wish it was a bit longer.

We've sailed with Perrin before and actually had a mass renewal of vows on Valentine's Day in the Piazza (Star) with him, as well as a formal renewal of vows with a different Captain on our 30th anniversary (Grand).

Very special occasion. Loved it...brings back great memories.

The ship looks great, but boy are those balconies small!

If I had renewed my vows I would not be happy that the Captain believed we were doing so because one of us had broken them. I am surprised you are so sanguine about it. I suspect you are in the minority.

Perhaps he was joking, but he clearly had thought it, and I wouldn't want to renew my vows before someone who had such thoughts.

Wow, I guess this is really important, requiring two threads to discuss it.

I was horrified.

I felt the comment by the Captain re those renewing their vows was awful. Along the lines of he always wondered "which one of them had been naughty"

If I had been the couple featured who had been married 50 years and seemed devoted to each other, I would have been extremely upset by such a cynical remark.

He might have a point on some occasions, but it is one of those things you might htink but really shouldn't say.

He has a position, and he let Princess down I felt.

Well after the comments about the wedding vow renewal joke (and it was a joke that had nothing to do with the Aussie couple if you happened to actually pay attention to that segment of the show) we finally got around to watching this documentary. It was kind of cool to see crew people that we had seen on our cruise who were still on board.

Back to the "naughty" comment. You are definitely a bit up tight if you have gotten your knickers in such a wad over that segment. There was nothing derogatory or disparaging about the comment that we could see. We always like to see crew people with a sense of humor, especially the captain.

Last nite on the latest segment.

Enjoyed but wish they had three prizes 1st ,2nd,3rd.

So many tried so hard.

A generous prize packet no wonder everyone gets involved.

All employeees seemed to be enjoying the special buffet that Princess put on for the event.

The remark by the Captain I think it was given in fun a typical joking around that would match the Aussies sense of humor.:)

He was specifically joking about those who had a renewal after "three or four years" and it was the close proximity of the renewal to the wedding that made him have that thought. It had nothing to do with the couple celebrating 50 years.

Stuart

I just watched the episode with the missing luggage. That is my nightmare. I was in Paris last year (not on a cruise) with no luggage for four days! This reminded me again to take at least one change of clothes in the carry on.

I'm liking the Regal from these episodes. Someday...

I'm liking the Regal from these episodes. Someday...

Don't hesitate. You'll be happy to have done the Regal sooner rather than later. In our never to be humble opinion the positives of the ship far outweigh an negatives that people seem to always bring up. :D

YMMV

Edited by ar1950

Hi All

Another good show, Princess needs to do another series but show needs to be an hour long,

late arriving passengers got a blast of love boat theme on the horns

formal night, ballon drop

laundry covered,

lost luggage covered again,

"big draw for cruisers is formal parties, with folks packing tuxs, and gowns"

ships birthday cake takes 10 men to lift it,

food is big part of cruising

crew ashore looking for good free wi fi

good shots of the ship again

good coverage of Captain talks about not liking get pushed about for 40 mins by passengers wanting photos, but says he always put on a smile,

nice to see how captain feels about getting chased by passengers

yours Shogun

I found the show entertaining. We are going on her this summer. It is quite exciting. I think the hotel manager was more polite to the latecomers than he probably would have been if the cameras hadn't been there.

I am also in that minority that did not find his comments off putting, but a little funny. Maybe you missed the part about someone renewing their vows after 2-3 years made him wonder who had been naughty....not a couple that had been together for 30, 40 or 50 years.

Let's face it most people do not renew their vows after only a couple of years...

I watched the episode carefully after I'd read about the renewal comment. The captain makes the joke in a different room from where the 50 year couple are shown. It looks as though the joke was filmed at a completely different time from when the 50 year couple ceremony took place. I don't even know if the captain knew he was seeing that particular couple until he was face to face with them. The narrator (who is Lord Grantham of Downton, BTW) mentions the 50 years first, and I'm pretty sure the narrator wasn't there in the room with the captain when the news was conveyed. Being offended by this seems just a little weird to me (as if the "joke" resonated personally with the offended person for some untold reason.)

Well, I just watched the latest episode, and I was pleasantly surprised to see how many men were wearing tuxes on formal night. :)

Yes, I agree. More men were dressed up than in casual gear. It was nice to see.

Hi All

Quote from CC news section Q and A with Captain Perrin

Q: Do you enjoy all the social aspects such as the Captain's Cocktails and the Longest Cruiser party?

A: I really do enjoy meeting all the guests onboard and I understand that for some meeting the Captain is a big part of their holiday. Being asked to share a couple's special day by performing their marriage ceremony is always an honour.

yours Shogun

I enjoyed the views of the ship and seeing how crew go about doing their jobs. Offended? Yes, not by Captain but by the pretentious woman at Chef's Table, they will all be so jealous of us. If they, other passengers, were so jealous they would have shelled out the big bucks to join you. Others prefer to spend their money elsewhere.

I enjoyed the views of the ship and seeing how crew go about doing their jobs. Offended? Yes, not by Captain but by the pretentious woman at Chef's Table, they will all be so jealous of us. If they, other passengers, were so jealous they would have shelled out the big bucks to join you. Others prefer to spend their money elsewhere.

I'll bet that lady is never going to live that one down.