Guarantee experiences with multiple rooms?

stacieps

Currently have 3 inside rooms (6 people) booked on the Getaway. Prices have dropped on guarantee categories and we could switch to oceanview guarantees for $49/room. I understand that when booking guarantee we could be put anywhere, but does anyone have experience with booking guarantees with multiple rooms (assuming agent can somehow "link" our reservations)? I know on Carnival several years ago we booked 3 or 4 guarantees and we were all put next to each other (we were "linked" for dining purposes).

GTYs can be anywhere...if you want to be close together, book what you want. Otherwise, you could be decks apart...some could have a "better" cabin than another....that's how GTYs work!

I like my friends, but I'd rather have a better cabin than be next to them! YMMV!

Edited by cb at sea

I ended up calling - very glad I did. My PCP (or whatever they are called), had an offer I wasn't seeing online. I was able to switch to ocean view rooms (assigned) for essentially $10 per room.

Could have gone to guarantee balcony rooms for $49/room, but since we're planning to switch up roommates (we're a mix of adults and teens), we need to be in the same area.

I ended up calling - very glad I did. My PCP (or whatever they are called), had an offer I wasn't seeing online. I was able to switch to ocean view rooms (assigned) for essentially $10 per room.

Could have gone to guarantee balcony rooms for $49/room, but since we're planning to switch up roommates (we're a mix of adults and teens), we need to be in the same area.

Congrats on the cheap upgrade! Love to hear that:D

We have done 2 cruises with 2 guarantee rooma and put next to each other

You have been very lucky - there have been multiple unhappy people here complaining when their GTY cabins were assigned one in fwd on deck X and another in aft on deck Y.

We booked 2 Inside GTY and 1 Balcony GTY n the Breakaway in 2014 using our TA, with bonus OBC then :D - linked our reservations with NCL (did a 3 way conference call-in) with our preference/request - ended up all "near" the AFT elevators (well ... :eek:) on deck 13 & 10 starboard and 11 portside, assigned within 30 days & not together.

Staying in touch was/is easy - our assigned locations didn't matter since Room-to-Room telephone onboard helped 6 of us coordinate plans & when to meet, etc. (leaving voice mail msg. as needed)

Edited by mking8288