Le Bistro or La Cucina? (Getaway)

zackarykeef

Hey all...we have the specialty dining package on our upcoming cruise and currently deciding where to make reservations. We were on the Getaway several months ago, but only ate at Moderno. We are planning on going back there (we loved it), and were also thinking Cagney's and Teppanyaki. We have one more to book, and we are trying to decide between Le Bistro and La Cucina...any recommendations? Doesn't matter if it's French or Italian...we both just like good food. The appetizers at Le Bistro looked meh, but the mains looked good. Anyway...any and all recommendations welcome, including about the other specialty restaurants. Thanks! :)

June 2006: Carnival Legend, New York-->Eastern Caribbean

March 2007: Carnival Conquest, Galveston-->Western Caribbean

March 2011: Carnival Valor, Miami-->Exotic Western Caribbean

August 2012: Carnival Freedom, Ft. Lauderdale-->Western Caribbean

April 2013: Carnival Valor, San Juan-->Southern Caribbean

August 2015: Norwegian Getaway, Miami-->Eastern Caribbean

March 2016: Norwegian Getaway, Miami-->Western Caribbean

June 2016: Norwegian Pearl, Seattle-->Alaska

Edited by zackarykeef

Le Bistro is upscale, French, and food is very well prepared, romantic atmosphere, sophisticated. La Cucina - reminds me of family owned Italian Cafe, food is good but IMHO not any where as good as Le Bistro. I am eating there 2X - once with the specialty dining perk and then with my Platnium Dinner certificate.

The appetizers at Le Bistro looked meh, but the mains looked good.

I'm not so into French quisine and have been usually very happy after visiting La Cucina, last month on Getaway we had the best meal onboard there (if not counting the two visits to Cagney's ;) ). The Osso Bucco is just so good.

Edited by Demonyte

We waited nearly 35 minutes for a darn bottle of wine at the Le Bistro on the Jewel last month!!!

Finally I told them, "what the heck does it take to get a bottle of wine here, we've been waiting over 30 minutes, we are nearly done with our main course and still no sign of the wine"

They ended up comping us the bottle of wine.

Nothing sophisticated about that dining experience!

Thanks for your input, everyone. We'll probably go with Le Bistro based on the majority. I had heard complaints about the service there in the past, but hey, it's cruising...we are in no rush. Thanks again! Happy cruising!

June 2006: Carnival Legend, New York-->Eastern Caribbean

March 2007: Carnival Conquest, Galveston-->Western Caribbean

March 2011: Carnival Valor, Miami-->Exotic Western Caribbean

August 2012: Carnival Freedom, Ft. Lauderdale-->Western Caribbean

April 2013: Carnival Valor, San Juan-->Southern Caribbean

August 2015: Norwegian Getaway, Miami-->Eastern Caribbean

March 2016: Norwegian Getaway, Miami-->Western Caribbean

June 2016: Norwegian Pearl, Seattle-->Alaska

On the Getaway...We had good food but terrible service at LeBistro. Huge disappointment...went 2x on our 7 day cruise and both times service was poor. Cagney's service really poor as well...too many tables and not enough servers. It's a shame....the food is good and the service a big letdown. Tip for you...at LeBistro bring your own bottle of wine into the restaurant and you won't have to wait for them to get it from one of the bars. I feel sorry for the servers....

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by watchdiva

It is too bad that you could not try them both, I am a very picky eater in the fact that I do not eat a lot of things. The Osso Bucco at La Cucina is very good and I found that there was a lot more variety for me there however I tried Le Bistro the last time I was on the Getaway and I did not like the starters but the entree was exceptional. Anyway you go, I am sure that you will have a great meal!