need recommendations for private tour Osaka to Kyoto

coconutmonkey

We did the Celebrity Millennium Japan and China cruise last October/Nov and it was wonderful.

We ported in Kobe overnight. Some people did it on their own to Kyoto. We did a tour of Nara and Kyoto pre-cruise from Tokyo, which was wonderful.

In my opinion, you want to take a tour to Kyoto, since you will waste a lot of time trying to find your way in the huge rail station in Kyoto. Then taking public transportation to the individual temples, castles and shrines will eat up more time. Taking taxis will eat up much of any savings you might get from DIY. Also, in taking the train from Kobe to see Hymeji Castle, we got on the wrong train coming back to Kobe. We still made it back to the ship on time, but stuff like that can happen, even with a group of about 12.

We used a tour company in Japan called JTB Sunrise for our pre-cruise tours for Tokyo and three day tour to Kyoto. I don't know if they have tours from Kobe, but check it out.

In my opinion, your number one site to see in Kyoto is the Golden Pavilion. Don't miss it. Warning, it will be crowded.

Here is my review of our trip and cruise.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=518503&et_cid=2531924&et_rid=17221689&et_referrer=Boards

We did the Celebrity Millennium Japan and China cruise last October/Nov and it was wonderful.

We ported in Kobe overnight. Some people did it on their own to Kyoto. We did a tour of Nara and Kyoto pre-cruise from Tokyo, which was wonderful.

In my opinion, you want to take a tour to Kyoto, since you will waste a lot of time trying to find your way in the huge rail station in Kyoto. Then taking public transportation to the individual temples, castles and shrines will eat up more time. Taking taxis will eat up much of any savings you might get from DIY. Also, in taking the train from Kobe to see Hymeji Castle, we got on the wrong train coming back to Kobe. We still made it back to the ship on time, but stuff like that can happen, even with a group of about 12.

We used a tour company in Japan called JTB Sunrise for our pre-cruise tours for Tokyo and three day tour to Kyoto. I don't know if they have tours from Kobe, but check it out.

In my opinion, your number one site to see in Kyoto is the Golden Pavilion. Don't miss it. Warning, it will be crowded.

Here is my review of our trip and cruise.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=518503&et_cid=2531924&et_rid=17221689&et_referrer=Boards

Thanks so much for the reply. I read your cruise review. It was very helpful and informative. I will check out JTB Sunrise tours. I appreciate the recommendation.

Regards.

Last year we had two days of great touring with Aki of http://allstarosaka.com/. The first day we used cabs and the bullet train to get to Kyoto. As previously said, the Golden Pavilion is a must see. Just gorgeous.

china_kobe1_IMG_4786.jpg

The second day we went to Osaka and had such a fun day doing so many different things. Lunch was so good too. You can read about and see lots of photos of our tour on our website www.thepreismans.com.

Last year we had two days of great touring with Aki of http://allstarosaka.com/. The first day we used cabs and the bullet train to get to Kyoto. As previously said, the Golden Pavilion is a must see. Just gorgeous.

china_kobe1_IMG_4786.jpg

The second day we went to Osaka and had such a fun day doing so many different things. Lunch was so good too. You can read about and see lots of photos of our tour on our website www.thepreismans.com.

Hello. I read your blog and it was so comprehensive and informative. Based on your blog experiences, I went ahead and booked with all stars osaka. We are really looking forward to our day in Kyoto with them.

Thanks so much. Joyce