New menus in Blu?

travellerin1984

We were just on a ten day on Equinox and the menu in Blu was the same as previous years. One difference was on the second elegant chic night they have removed the soft shell crab as an appetizer and replaced it with a crab cake. It was very good. Don't forget you can order off the MDR menu Blu. One night we ordered the lobster raviolis and a shrimp pasta that were both excellent.

Hi!

I read in other discussion that Blu in Reflection has new menus. Could someone confirm? Is that true? I wonder if other ships have new menus too? Would be great to try something new to eat after couple of cruises in Blu.

We were just on the Reflection and there were new menus and some new items. I could tell as the menus were really clean.:) We were really pleased with the quality of the food in Blu. The size of the filet mignon was increased! That was served on the first formal night and lobster tail was on the second formal night.

We were just on a ten day on Equinox and the menu in Blu was the same as previous years. One difference was on the second elegant chic night they have removed the soft shell crab as an appetizer and replaced it with a crab cake. It was very good. Don't forget you can order off the MDR menu Blu. One night we ordered the lobster raviolis and a shrimp pasta that were both excellent.

We were in Blu on the Equionx in November and were told we couldn't order from the MDR menu! We ended up eating in the MDR most nights. Was not a big fan of Blu...

We were in Blu on the Equionx in November and were told we couldn't order from the MDR menu! We ended up eating in the MDR most nights. Was not a big fan of Blu...

Odd...on EQ in Jan, they volunteered we could get the Prime Rib from MDR if we wanted...

Looking forward to some BLU changes...but hoping the format stays the same and they continue with clean foods, lower salt, great entree salads, etc

Would love to see the new Ref menus...even though our next few bookings are on other ships..(inf, eq, silho)

We note that there were more lamb and duck dishes. Outstanding. We were pleased with the new additions. On a couple of nights, they had a light appetizer before the formal appetizer. I am sorry but I don't recall what it was called on the menu. Light additions.

Sounds very promising...thanks for the preview...

Overall we love BLU and enjoy many standard BLU dishes over and over; but some nights the menus could be refreshed...esp when realizing we have tried everything offered at least once!

We also get bored with the little dish of spreads, and asked for salsa one night (they of course complied...and it was freshly made...somewhere) ...that'd be a great addition if the could vary what's in the little bowls esp on 10 and 11 day cruises! And the light starter may be a step towards changing it up a bit...

I was in Blu on Summit in May and couldn't order turkey from the MDR. They told me it was 2 different kitchens.( I don't think that is true). Will try again this May.

Laura

We note that there were more lamb and duck dishes. Outstanding. We were pleased with the new additions. On a couple of nights, they had a light appetizer before the formal appetizer. I am sorry but I don't recall what it was called on the menu. Light additions.

WONderful! thank you!

I was in Blu on Summit in May and couldn't order turkey from the MDR. They told me it was 2 different kitchens.( I don't think that is true). Will try again this May.

Laura

They were correct in stating they are separate kitchens. Blu is totally separate from the MDR. We've always been able to order from the MDR if we wanted but love Blu and never wanted to.

Pretty excited if there are some new additions to the menu, getting a bit tired of game bird & shredded meat offerings... hopefully we'll see new menus in

Blu on all the ships by May. :)

Agree....too much game bird !

would like more fish .

This is our first Celebrity cruise and we booked Aqua based on friends suggestions mostly because of Blu. We don't eat duck or lamb. We stick to beef or fish mostly. Will we be disappointed? We are still pretty easy to please and can usually find something. It just seems lately most posts have been about choices for which we don't care.

This is our first Celebrity cruise and we booked Aqua based on friends suggestions mostly because of Blu. We don't eat duck or lamb. We stick to beef or fish mostly. Will we be disappointed? We are still pretty easy to please and can usually find something. It just seems lately most posts have been about choices for which we don't care.

There was a nighty beef item. The steaks were very good. There was salmon and halibut on the menu. An entree salad such as filet mignon over salad was excellent. In addition to the changing nighty menu, there is always grilled salmon, steak and chicken available.

No need to worry...

Odd...on EQ in Jan, they volunteered we could get the Prime Rib from MDR if we wanted...

Looking forward to some BLU changes...but hoping the format stays the same and they continue with clean foods, lower salt, great entree salads, etc

Would love to see the new Ref menus...even though our next few bookings are on other ships..(inf, eq, silho)

This is interesting. We normally book Aqua. The 1st night we will normally eat in Select Dining for we like Prime Rib over filet mignon.

This is interesting. We normally book Aqua. The 1st night we will normally eat in Select Dining for we like Prime Rib over filet mignon.

Filet mignon was on the second night in Blu during "evening chic" on our recent trip on Reflection.

Blu salmon is excellent...favorite is at AQ spa cafe, but the line for ordering that can be long...

Do they offer the made to order muesli cart at breakfast ?

We missed that on EQ in January...... so many interesting breakfast choices (all fresh and made to order)..although for waffles we know we must visit the Buffet..

On our EQ cruise, MDR Prime Rib came towards the end..waiter in BLU offered to get it for us but we were happy enough with the regular menu..

• 1 month later...

Have enjoyed Blu on previous cruises. Ccurrently booked on the Summit to Bermuda on May 8,2016, Aqua class cabin. We are travelling with another couple that is in a standard balcony cabin. May we invite the other couple to dine with us in Blue for a fee?

Have enjoyed Blu on previous cruises. Ccurrently booked on the Summit to Bermuda on May 8,2016, Aqua class cabin. We are travelling with another couple that is in a standard balcony cabin. May we invite the other couple to dine with us in Blue for a fee?

The answer is NO. This is probably one of the Celebrity rules that is strictly enforced.

Of course, you can join them in the MDR if they are Select Dining or you can go together in the Speciality Restaurants.