Lanyard

harv16

I just keep mine in a thin card wallet, easy to get out and use, but shielded from my mobile phone which deactivates the card. I wouldn't get a lanyard personally, but each to their own.

Edited by Florry

I always use a lanyard on my cruises. I don't have pockets or carry a handbag around with me, and it keeps my key card safe.

You can buy a P&O lanyard in the shop onboard, but you can also get them from a variety of places. I've seen lanyards where you find mobile phone accessories (eg. markets) and at conferences (if you ever attend one).

I put mine under my t shirt on the ship (and when out in port), and I know that my card is safe and I won't lose it.

I know some folks don't like them, but I wouldn't do without mine.

I never have used one but I have lost my card a few times. The desk will always issue another one and I suspect that on ships that insist on keeping the cards on disembarkation some passengers do "lose" them on per pos.

David.

I saw an official Ventura lanyard on board for sale at £3.99 last cruise. Ebay usually have P&O ones at the same price plus postage or random pattern ones at £1.00.

I only wear mine on a cruise at specific times usually if I am stuck for pockets.

Regards John

We used a lanyard on our last cruise and found it very useful, no searching in bags for the card or hunting round the cabin. We hung them on a hook each night so could always find them, they are always to hand when out and about and it meant I didn't need to take a handbag around with me. Didn't use the lanyard in the evening as it didn't seem right when dressed up.

I didn't use one on my first cruise which was in the Fjords so usually had a pocket (as I was wearing trousers during the day) and I never wear one ashore or in the evenings as I carry a bag on those occasions. But for strolling around the ship I find them useful when wearing a sun dress.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I have lost a key card from my trouser pocket; didn't realise until I tried to let myself in the cabin and then had to traipse all the way to the purser's desk and wait in the long queue for a replacement. Real nuisance. Have also been locked out of hotel rooms because the mobile phone/credit cards interfere with the settings. Nowadays, I wear a lanyard that I bought in a Cath Kidston store, hanging on a pretty floral ribbon. I pop it inside my top during the day; and just drop it into my bag when off the ship. Easy to find on my return. In the evenings, I don't wear a lanyard; I pop my door card into my evening bag.

I don't love my lanyard, but acknowledge its usefulness. However I DO love Marmite especially on toast with raspberry jam ;).

I noticed that the lanyards on the Noreigan Cruise Lines ship we saw had spaces for name and number of previous cruises - I thought it was naff

IMHO - tacky is the number of folks on Princess walking around flashing their black elite cards on a lanyard.

Edited by SteveH2508

IMHO - tacky is the number of folks on Princess walking around flashing their black elite cards on a lanyard.

Haha I didn't know they had different colours, it's so funny how people seem to want to show off loyalty scheme hierarchy [emoji23] I hope that if they do change loyalty rewards to become more contemporary, that we see less opportunity for that, because I don't think it's what appeals to next generation cruisers.

Haha I didn't know they had different colours, it's so funny how people seem to want to show off loyalty scheme hierarchy [emoji23] I hope that if they do change loyalty rewards to become more contemporary, that we see less opportunity for that, because I don't think it's what appeals to next generation cruisers.

Yes Florry both you and I will have the Black Elite Cards on board Princess Cruises, but these cards do not put us on a par with Usain Bolt. We must keep our heads and keep our cards discretely hidden away until the waiter asks to see them. This is good protocol.

If per chance you ever go to a tender port you may also have to show your card to get priority tender embarkation.

Regards John

Edited by john watson