How long does dinner take at Chops?

iujen94

In your experience, how long does dinner at Chops normally take? We wanted to catch a 7:30 show and so thought instead of going to the MDR for our 6pm seating, we'd do Chops at 5:30pm so we'd have a little more time to eat before the show. When I tried to book it, though, the RCI website wouldn't let me because of the "conflict" with our 7:30 show booking (the website showed it as a 7:15 show, which is I assume when we need to be there or our reservation will be given away). Does it really take that long to eat at Chops? I recognize that it may vary from group to group, but we are just a group of 4 (us and our 2 kids), and we are normally fairly fast eaters. I'm thinking about calling RCI to see if they can do some kind of "override" and book us at Chops despite our show reservation, but wanted to make sure I wasn't grossly underestimating how long it would take us to eat at Chops. Thanks!

If you have a time goal, mention it to the waiter and you should have no problem doing it in an hour and a half. Many people want leisurely service, some want fast service - don't expect your waiter to read your mind. If they know, they generally will make every effort to help.

It was about two hours for us most nights at Chops.

We prefer not to be rushed when having dinner there.

Will also mention, we were on a RCCL ship once and had a "play off" game we wanted to watch so told our waiter and the food came quickly. :D

We ate at Chops twice on Allure in December.

The first meal took 2 hours, but the 2nd time we told the waiter we were heading to a show afterward. He had us out of there in 1 hour and 20 minutes.

Let your server know you want to get to a show. Ask to see the menus right away.