Quick Review Of Escape 2-27-16

Laszlo

Just a real quick review, overall it was a very nice cruise but I think will stick to the smaller ships. We had balcony cabin 13248 bed near the closet. Room was fine for the two us of. I not sure what the size of the bed was but it was the first time I remember my feet just about hanging off the end (I'm 6'2). Service across the board was excellent. Our TV did not work the first day, tried 4 times to have it repaired and basically gave up, happened to run into the hotel director in the Vibe Club and it was fixed in 30 minutes, he actually came back to tell me it was taken care off. Food was very good to excellent across the board.

We arrived at checkin at 8:45AM determined to get Vibe Passes.......we did. Had group 1 boarding and us along with about 75 others made a mad dash to get them. FYI, as of last Saturday DO NOT go to guest services, go to the comedy club to get them. We would have lost our minds if we didn't have them, the pool deck as everyone knows is a made house, chair hogs were out in force by 7AM. The service in the Vibe was excellent, of course when you have 3 bar tenders to 25-35 people at the most at anyone time it will be.

Went to Coki Beach (mad house by 10am) we also did the Norman Island Snorkel which was excellent. We lined up at 6:30am got off the ship at 7:10, right thru customs, grab and cab and made it to the airport at 7:50am. We were in the terminal a few minutes later (American) it was crowded but we easily changed our flight to the 10:00am out to PHL. We had TSA Pre Check and were sitting in the terminal at 8:20 for a 9:30am boarding

I'll be putting together a video tour of the Vibe later this weekend to show you why is very well worth the $99pp

Minor things my wife and I did not care for, a lot of that was due to the crowds. We met a lot of nice people from NH, Toronto and MN

One more thing to add, I don't know what was different about Escape but it moved a lot more than any other ship we had been on. At times it was your normal easy roll but at other times it would shudder for 20 - 30 seconds, almost like the stabilizers were fighting the ship and not working properly. I heard these same observations but a lot of others I talked to

One more thing to add, I don't know what was different about Escape but it moved a lot more than any other ship we had been on. At times it was your normal easy roll but at other times it would shudder for 20 - 30 seconds, almost like the stabilizers were fighting the ship and not working properly. I heard these same observations but a lot of others I talked to

I agree. I was on your cruise too and thought it moved more than any other that I have been on (that left from a warm weather city).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I agree. I was on your cruise too and thought it moved more than any other that I have been on (that left from a warm weather city).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Sorry I missed the CC meeting, we feel asleep in the Vibe. Had a great trip to Norman Island, I just posted some video of the Vortexes I saw around the reef, it was better than the fish I saw

Cheers to Laszlo for falling asleep in Vibe :)

Thanks for the review and videos of the Vortexes. Glad you had a great cruise :)

P.S. We will continue to sail on Breakaway. No yucky airplanes involved.

;)

Edited by meatball_nyc
Obvious reasons duh

When you arrived for the Vibe pass, what # did you get? Did you board at terminal B to get boarding number 1? Thanks

B terminal, we had 55-56. It seems that both C and B "gates" were opened up at the same time. The people who got vibe passes, wanted vibe passes. I think about 95% of the people on the ship didn't have a clue what the vibe club is. We had a few people in vibe who didn't know what the thermal spa pass was. Like I said we were outside of check in at 8:45AM and people were ahead of us, doors opened at 9AM.........line up to your left;)

All this talk about movement on Escape makes me wonder how it would have faired in same seas Anthem went thru (which never should have occurred anyway, especially as soon after a barge was lost trying to outrun a storm near Florida).

Thanks for the review and info on Vibe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. The ship does rock a lot for whatever reason.

Thank you for your review and the info about the Vibe passes! I wonder when the location to get them changed! Good to know!

What is also a little different and no one could explain this is you are given a separate card to get into the Vibe. So know you have a separate card and a nice wrist band to wear:D

Thanks for posting your review...does your view on large ships mean the Getaway for next February is out of the question? ;) :)

LOL

Will see;)

Since you are booked we might have to reconsider. Be nice to travel with another couple this time around.:)

Edited by Laszlo

B terminal, we had 55-56. It seems that both C and B "gates" were opened up at the same time. The people who got vibe passes, wanted vibe passes. I think about 95% of the people on the ship didn't have a clue what the vibe club is. We had a few people in vibe who didn't know what the thermal spa pass was. Like I said we were outside of check in at 8:45AM and people were ahead of us, doors opened at 9AM.........line up to your left;)

Did they let Platinum and Gold get on prior to group 1?

Did they let Platinum and Gold get on prior to group 1?

I don't think so, my wife and I are gold just a few points away from platinum. Suite and Haven guest boarded about 20? minutes before us. Their was a small group of handicapped / special needs people in front of us. You board on deck 7 and nothing really grand about it like the other ships we were on. We entered a service stairway and we went right down to deck 6. About 20 of us headed right to guest services for Vibe passes, stood in line and then hear someone saying we were at the wrong place so we quickly went over to the comedy club were they were selling them along with other things

Here's a walk thru of the Vibe Club on the Escape. Nothing fancy, however it shows you the bar, and loungers. On sea days at the most I saw was 25-30 people. For the most part their were 3 bar tenders, sometimes 2 when the bar on the "Other Side" got crazy. The pass is $99pp and includes ice water, cold wash clothes and fruit skewers. Their is a hot tub, shower, 2 bathrooms and a large misting area, they seemed to be having some issues with the later. For my wife and I it was worth getting in line early. Fair warning, it can get pretty windy at times which I show in the video, I also included a clip from the main pool deck, this was taken at 10:00am, it was even more crowded from 11:00am until late in the afternoon

Edited by Laszlo

Laszio, do you mean line up to the left before we enter the building for check in? Thanks

Yes, after the security people check your docs head over to the seats on the left side. It was the people on the left side who went in first

I definitely need VIBE for this spring break week. Looks like no more cabanas. My last 3 cruises they definitely let Platinum pre board before group 1 didn't even give me a boarding group last trip. But I will get there early just in case. Looking at that deck have to have them. Thanks for the info.