Advanced Seating on Southwest

kstrickman

What do most cruisers do to get advanced seating on return home trip on Southwest when at sea? Do you buy computer time to get advanced seating or do you pre-pay $12. to get advanced seating before you leave for the cruise? We have never bought computer time on our past cruises but we have heard of poor and slow connections. What's the best way?

I used the Southwest App on my phone. Set an alarm for 24 hours before flight time and have pay as you go internet account set up on the ship ( like .75 cents a minute). This will take a couple minutes to do and uses very little bandwidth. No problem.

I have one of my children or sister check us in the 24 hours before. Then print out the boarding pass at the kiosk in the airport.

I just checked in an entire group on a recent cruise with various airlines + flights. This is a good way if you have someone RELIABLE. Make SURE they have your confirmation number + proper name you're using on the flight.

What do most cruisers do to get advanced seating on return home trip on Southwest when at sea? Do you buy computer time to get advanced seating or do you pre-pay $12. to get advanced seating before you leave for the cruise? We have never bought computer time on our past cruises but we have heard of poor and slow connections. What's the best way?

We always pre pay because you then don't have to worry about checking in 24 hours before to check in and should the internet be down that would be frustrating.

To me it is well worth the cost.

Keith

I'm the one who started the above-referenced thread. I decided to pay the early bird boarding for us so that I wouldn't have to worry about it. We disconnect from reality--and the internet--on our cruises, so wouldn't buy any of the packages. I also didn't want to forget, or spend any time obsessing about making sure I checked in. Simplicity and peace of mind on vacation is worth $25 to me!

I always buy early bird on Southwest for the return flight after a cruise.

We do the same and pay the EB fee, for return trips only. It always seems like the flights are full when returning from FLL, so don't want to have to worry about being bumped. However on the trip down we usually just wing it and always end up with pretty good boarding position. Also depends on your flight times and when that 24 hr window occurs. Our set flight time home is usually around 7:00pm which is definitely not a good time to try and check in while onboard the ship.

I always pay the extra $12 for Early Bird Check-in and not worry about checking in. Southwest will automatically check you in 36 hours in advance and you're given boarding group A or at worst sometimes you may get one of the first group B positions. Without it you would have to check in yourself 24 hours in advance.

We pay early bird and it automatically checks you in 36 hours before the flight. When we get back to the states I check my app and can see my boarding position. I fly with a nervous Nellie so I want to make sure we can board and sit together so he doesn't freak during the flight.

I'm the one who started the above-referenced thread. I decided to pay the early bird boarding for us so that I wouldn't have to worry about it. We disconnect from reality--and the internet--on our cruises, so wouldn't buy any of the packages. I also didn't want to forget, or spend any time obsessing about making sure I checked in. Simplicity and peace of mind on vacation is worth $25 to me!

It's such a small amount of money and you'd just spend it somewhere else! Enjoy your trip!

It's such a small amount of money and you'd just spend it somewhere else! Enjoy your trip!

Times 4 both ways is an extra $100. That wipes out what we saved using SW versus other airlines that charge for checked luggage. At least one way. I'm probably going to get it since this will be our first time flying SW but I'm not happy about it. Lol.

I am "A" list on SWA, so I've flown them enough to know that only one person in your group actually has to pay the $12.50. Unless you have a huge party that is.

BTW, the $12.50 is going up on 3/14/16 to $15.00 pp.

Really. Wow this is good to know about the price increase. I better hurry up and get it.

How is it that only one person needs to get it? You can save seats?