How long must we wait for the Anthem to leave New JERSEY.

Extremely unlikely. Actually more than extremely unlikely.

Why would anything change? It's a high demand port year round since 2004. Nothing has changed except for change of ships from time to time. I'm 110% sure that all the cruise lines that sail out of Bayonne, New York, and Baltimore year round will change absolutely nothing.

I'm sure those lines are grateful that you are worrying about them though, LOL

It still sounds like Blah, Blah, Blah to me from this poster, just saying.....:)

It still sounds like Blah, Blah, Blah to me from this poster, just saying.....:)

Hey, Trail, from your signature I don't know which region of the world you're from. I do know, that there was a lot of consternation on this board from the FL folks that NYC area got a brand new and advanced ship. Eat your heart out. It is a cold weather designed ship--so live with it and nobody is twisting your arm for to you to sail out of the NE. L

sounds like cruisefan thinks there should be no ships leaving from any ports that might have bad weather.

Winter weather can be well beyond just "bad weather".

Despite having many friends in that region who have no conflict with those same observations, I'm a bit surprised at a few specific posters (located near there) so challenged by simple explanations in plain English.

Winter weather can be well beyond just "bad weather".

Despite having many friends in that region who have no conflict with those same observations, I'm a bit surprised at a few specific posters (located near there) so challenged by simple explanations in plain English.

So can summer weather

I don't know why you care what ship goes out of any specific port anytime of the year.

Lets just say that up here we are used to bad weather and think nothing of it. Where you live the state gets shut down with a flake of snow

Edited by SeaUs

Well it looks like she's staying in NJ as the UK site that's listing the European deployment for next year is also showing Anthem's itineraries ;). I wanted a New England cruise on a similar August date to this year, unfortunately it's listing a Bermuda & Caribbean itinerary instead :(. So she's not going anywhere soon.

I'm booked on a 9 niter on August 26 sailing N/E & Canada.

Voyager-2004, Explorer, Quantum, Liberty, Anthem. Prices out of Bayonne have always been higher than Florida.

Long before this incident there was Dynamic Dining, Sandy, and a very bad snowstorm that I was in returning to Bayonne. There were broken windows in the WindJammer, etc...

Quantum was not an experiment, the ship was designed for Bayonne, but Bermuda happened.

Anthem is here and as I remember there was discounting last year. Anthem will stay until RCI decides it is no longer profitable.[/quote

Let's hope that day is soon.:)

What are you talking about. All ships have amenities that certain % of the cruising paying population will not use.

To clarify: I wasn't talking about the amenities that I won't use.

I was talking about not staying so loyal to Royal if Anthem is the ship that's assigned to my homeport. We hate to fly, and prefer sailing from a port within close driving distance. We loved Explorer, Liberty and Celebrity Summit. We were on Quantum last year and there was so much about it that we didn't care for. We are sailing Anthem this weekend, just to experience that ship, but after this, we will likely switch cruiselines because we do not like RCI's offering from our homeport

I'm booked on a 9 niter on August 26 sailing N/E & Canada.

Yes, I was hoping for a similar itinerary for next year on the same date, however in 2017, the same NE itinerary doesn't start until 31st August :(. Too late for us returning to school :(. The only option is the Bermuda & Caribbean sailing on 17th.

I don't know why you care what ship goes out of any specific port anytime of the year.

DUH - because its the topic of this thread, and I happen to agree (along with plenty of other folks) with the original poster that it makes no sense to sustain Anthem there (during winter months).

Other than localized poo-pooing noise from those clearly in denial, it's equally interesting that there has been no viable case made so far by anyone to disprove the original poster's points - which is that it makes no sense to sustain this new large ship out of Bayonne based on current events.

FYI - I've lived most of my life in the great white north and plenty of snow and cold, and know exactly / firsthand how disruptive it can be towards regular life....let alone running a competitive business in the middle of it.

The risks are clear, easy to understand, and have now been proven in real life. People still in denial are only fooling themselves on this significant problem, no one else. People located in the area who are posting are conveying the impression to others:

1) the problems aren't real/significant; or,

2) the problems will somehow mysteriously go away over time; or,

3) any difference of opinion is some kind of insult to their personal regional "neighborhood"; or

4) there's some kind of "jealousy" for that particular ship being in Bayonne (which made me laugh out loud).

Just like there is a greater risk cruising the Caribbean during hurricane season (which is why less ships are deployed there at that time), the Bayonne winter weather debacle of 2016 has proven the same kind of risk-based caution point about that scenario.

Maybe going forward at some point they'll beef up Bayonne cruise capacities during a better weather season. Perhaps even increase the Anthem itineraries somehow.

But it would come as no surprise if RCI announced a change to their plans for this port in the winter period, especially after the toll it's taken on passengers, crew, financial elements, and the corresponding negative publicity toward this cruise line.

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

To clarify: I wasn't talking about the amenities that I won't use.

I was talking about not staying so loyal to Royal if Anthem is the ship that's assigned to my homeport. We hate to fly, and prefer sailing from a port within close driving distance. We loved Explorer, Liberty and Celebrity Summit. We were on Quantum last year and there was so much about it that we didn't care for. We are sailing Anthem this weekend, just to experience that ship, but after this, we will likely switch cruiselines because we do not like RCI's offering from our homeport

VERY sorry to hear that Donna.

Maybe further change (for the positive) will come your way. Hope so.

DUH - because its the topic of this thread, and I happen to agree (along with plenty of other folks) with the original poster that it makes no sense to sustain Anthem there (during winter months).

Other than localized poo-pooing noise from those clearly in denial, it's equally interesting that there has been no viable case made so far by anyone to disprove the original poster's points - which is that it makes no sense to sustain this new large ship out of Bayonne based on current events.

FYI - I've lived most of my life in the great white north and plenty of snow and cold, and know exactly / firsthand how disruptive it can be towards regular life....let alone running a competitive business in the middle of it.

The risks are clear, easy to understand, and have now been proven in real life. People still in denial are only fooling themselves on this significant problem, no one else. People located in the area who are posting are conveying the impression to others:

3) any difference of opinion is some kind of insult to their personal regional "neighborhood"; or

4) there's some kind of "jealousy" for that particular ship being in Bayonne (which made me laugh out loud).

Just like there is a greater risk cruising the Caribbean during hurricane season (which is why less ships are deployed there at that time), the Bayonne winter weather debacle of 2016 has proven the same kind of risk-based caution point about that scenario.

Maybe going forward at some point they'll beef up Bayonne cruise capacities during a better weather season. Perhaps even increase the Anthem itineraries somehow.

But it would come as no surprise if RCI announced a change to their plans for this port in the winter period, especially after the toll it's taken on passengers, crew, financial elements, and the corresponding negative publicity toward this cruise line.

I am confused. You live in Georgia? I see your cruises and none of them have been out of NJ. You don't live here.....so my question is, why are you so passionate about this? I live here. Sailing out of here for years. Never had a problem...I am HAPPY we have a new ship. Waiting for years to have one. Just trying to figure out why you would have a "say" in this. I AM RESPECTFULLY ASKING......no blasting please.

The risks are clear, easy to understand, and have now been proven in real life. People still in denial are only fooling themselves on this significant problem, no one else. People located in the are who are posting are conveying the impression to others:

Better reread the topic again. Op wants Anthem out and another ship in. Nothing about winter. You're the first to bring up winter in post 6

You're going to be in for a shock then when new itineraries come out soon with no changes. Why would they take a port out of service when it's high demand and probably the most profitable at this time.

You're going to be in for a shock then when new itineraries come out soon with no changes. Why would they take a port out of service when it's high demand and probably the most profitable at this time.

Yes, they appear virtually the same, give or take a few days ;).

Edited by villauk

People were shocked when after a year of promotions for Quantum in the U.S., RCI suddenly completely changed its port and destinations. No guarantees they can't do that kind of switcheroo again.

Taking it out of service and changing the schedules toward better weather timeframes are not the same thing...in fact, doing it a certain way could actually increase overall passenger capacities.

Then again...this experiment to have some of the larger ships port in Bayonne during the worst weather time of year might just be one more aborted disaster away from changing the strategy at RCI...some of us thought it was a bad idea to start with...

What makes this time of year worse than hurricane season?

What makes this an experiment? RC has been sailing Year Round from the area for quite some time now.

Edited by Overtyme

People were shocked when after a year of promotions for Quantum in the U.S., RCI suddenly completely changed its port and destinations. No guarantees they can't do that kind of switcheroo again.

Taking it out of service and changing the schedules toward better weather timeframes are not the same thing...in fact, doing it a certain way could actually increase overall passenger capacities.

Quantum was changed because Bermuda wasn't ready to handle the ship. This was stated a long time ago

It would make sense to to you to change to a better weather itinerary to increase capacity? How would that be when the ship is sold out year round already right where it is?

Edited by SeaUs

Quantum was changed because Bermuda wasn't ready to handle the ship. This was stated a long time ago

It would make sense to to you to change to a better weather itinerary to increase capacity? How would that be when the ship is sold out year round already right where it is?

LOL....I didn't realize anyone actually believed that...especially after RCI admitted later they did it to accelerate getting more capacity into the Asian market.

What makes this an experiment? RC has been sailing Year Round from the area for quite some time now.

But not with bigger Quantum class ships.

I've got the question of the day:

Why is it that nearly every contrarian post on this topic is coming from someone residing in New York or New Jersey?

Oh wait...we know the answer...:cool: