Noise from Lido Deck in Riviera cabins?

DiRonT

We are considering a midship Riviera deck penthouse cabin but wondering if there is any noise from theido deck above - like sliding of tables and chairs above?

We were in a midship penthouse on Riviera deck - R417- on Crown. We would frequently hear people walking or running overhead and could hear carts rolling over head from time to time. Also on the balcony we could hear music from the deck parties or loud speakers sometimes.

The location was convenient but yes, we did hear some overhead noise from time to time.

We are considering a midship Riviera deck penthouse cabin but wondering if there is any noise from theido deck above - like sliding of tables and chairs above?

“The CAN / N.E. Cruise on board the Caribbean Princess, we took an up-sell to the San Juan Penthouse Suite, R415! We loved it! As for noise from the Lido Deck well it was limited to a specific time. That came at around 6:00 am when the crew started moving the chairs around from the night before. It didn't bother my DW who slept right through the dragging noises. Since I was awake and waiting on my morning coffee delivery at 6:15 am, it was no big thing.

The views from the deck were fantastic due to the height. I think that you will like it and really the noise is minimal.

Just Mike

608178786_32SanJuanSuiteR415.jpg.cdb27928a777b8bf9173735ff843dc5c.jpg

I've been on the Riviera deck for two cruises and noise was never an issue. I agree with RetiredNTraveling. Some limited noise at certain hours but nothing to complain about. We loved the close proximity to the Lido deck and the view from high up on the ship.

I've been on the Riviera deck for two cruises and noise was never an issue. I agree with RetiredNTraveling. Some limited noise at certain hours but nothing to complain about. We loved the close proximity to the Lido deck and the view from high up on the ship.

What location?

Hi Keith,

Sorry - Crown Princess to Alaska, mid-ship R408 specifically.

Diane

We were in R333 once on the Crown ... worst cruise ever! The noise was nonstop overhead 24/7. We met some people that were in the same area you are referring to in a suite ...they agreed. Never ever ever again!! I think that will be directly under the ping pong table and adjacent to where they set up the pool chairs in the morning. The whole room shakes when they drop the stack of chairs on the deck. They are constantly being dragged back and forth and security, who wears hard soled shoes, walks over your ceiling all throughout the night. Don't plan on going to bed when there is a deck party going on overhead. You can still stay on the Riviera deck if that is the location you like, just make sure it is under a carpeted area, particularly the forward cabins that have lido deck cabins overhead....no suites in that area, though.

Ship? Location on Riviera?

OP stated mid ship penthouse which are 6 cabins on each side of the ship at the mid ship elevators.

There is no noticeable noise, those are my favorite cabins. They are not under the buffet but kinda inbetween venues up above. I like the location near the elevators.

Edited by cruzsnooze

We were in R412 on the Emerald. Before the cruise I also was worried about the noise, but it was fine. We sometimes heard walking above us around 10PM - 11PM. Never heard any moving of chairs. I wouldn't hesitate to take that suite again.

Thanks to all for your responses. Seems like the majority don't felt it is a big deal (the noise). We have decided to take a chance since it is only a 7 day. Thanks again for everyone's input - much appreciated!

OP stated mid ship penthouse which are 6 cabins on each side of the ship at the mid ship elevators.

There is no noticeable noise, those are my favorite cabins. They are not under the buffet but kinda inbetween venues up above. I like the location near the elevators.

I wasn't asking the OP, reread my post.

The OP already answered with the location prior to my quote/question.

Best of luck to you with your choice.

We had rooms just under midship Lido deck twice, once on the Sapphire and once on the Coral.

The Sapphire proved to be very noisy from above, as if piano races were going on every night. I guess they stack the deck chairs each night and scrub the deck. But, wow! Being a light sleeper, it was horrible!

On the Coral, we were just underneath the end of the indoor pool carpeted area and lucked out on noise from above. The noise that time came from the service carts banging the doors to their storage area every morning! Never needed an alarm clock! Also, it was a place where worker bees would get together for breaks and smoke (when there still was smoking inside), they stored the blankets for MUTS, the luggage would disappear and reappear at the beginning and end of a cruise. . . AND THE DOOR SQUEAKED TOO! I now choose my rooms very carefully and ask no upgrade! Lesson learned!

Just got off the Emerald a couple weeks ago. Had snagged an aft balcony. Best room ever! I never slept so well on a cruise!!! And the new mattresses had arrived the cruise before we got the room! Ahhhh. . . .

Sorry, but I have to disagree. On the Ruby, deck 15 mid ship right next to the bathrooms is where they had the Ping Pong table. When my DH was playing the people right below came up & had a fit about all the noise. And one day we were told by another player that the guests in the cabins below actually came up & took all the paddles & balls. We were not there when this happened. It must have really bothered them. That is my point in telling this story . Because of this or for whatever reason (not sure) all the sports activities were only between the hours of 9:00AM & 6:00PM, when we were on the Ruby last October.

This was a 1st for us & don't remember the limited hours on any other Princess ship.

Sorry, but I have to disagree. On the Ruby, deck 15 mid ship right next to the bathrooms is where they had the Ping Pong table. When my DH was playing the people right below came up & had a fit about all the noise. And one day we were told by another player that the guests in the cabins below actually came up & took all the paddles & balls. We were not there when this happened. It must have really bothered them. That is my point in telling this story . Because of this or for whatever reason (not sure) all the sports activities were only between the hours of 9:00AM & 6:00PM, when we were on the Ruby last October.

This was a 1st for us & don't remember the limited hours on any other Princess ship.

which ship what deck? I usually take R 410 or 412 ( port side) and have never had a noise issue and I am speaking about personal experience. I'm sailing this Saturday in that cabin. Could the issue you describe be on starboard side?

I will be in R405 next week. I have stayed on Riviera deck in the past where it was very noisy. It was not a suite but I can't remember which cabin. I do remember staying in Riviera aft and loved it! No noise and easy access to aft pool. Bringing ear plugs on the 10th. If the price is right I would still grab a Riviera suite. 😁

We usually get an aft balcony or a mini suite cabin - one time we splurged and got a suite on the Riviera Deck ( cannot remember the number )----it was awful...the noise on the Lido deck started at 4am when the crew started moving the tables to clean the floor- we finally complained to the passenger services and they did rope off the area above our cabin. My DH is a light sleeper and I can sleep through anything but I heard the chairs and tables scraping...so we learned our lesson on that and are very happy in mid ship minis or the wonderful aft balconies.

Gladly give up the space in the cabin for the fantastic views and sound of the wake..

eclue:rolleyes:

which ship what deck? I usually take R 410 or 412 ( port side) and have never had a noise issue and I am speaking about personal experience. I'm sailing this Saturday in that cabin. Could the issue you describe be on starboard side?

It was the Ruby Princess & the Ping Pong table was set up right next to the bathrooms on deck 15 mid ship between the 2 pools. And yes it is on the starboard side. The captain would walk by everyday @ about the same time ( great guy) & the players would ask him if he wanted to play. They played doubles so more people could play & one would step out so another person could play. There was always someone waiting to play. It was very popular. Very odd that there was only one table. This was the only Princess ship that had only one table. Might have been the decision of the CD, that I was not very fond of. It was a Hawaii cruise out of LA so there was a lot of sea days, so there was a lot of Ping Pong play going on. My DH really got into it, (made lots of nice friends) but he did feel bad for the people directly under on deck 14.