Avalon Questions

Rebel54

So excited. Made my final payment and I'm so excited it's getting closer. I missed the Q&A session with Avalon and wanted to ask a question about laundry and tipping.

1. I pre-paid gratuities but I'm confused about tours. I swear I read somewhere that pre-paid didn't cover the tour guides, but when he answered the question about gratuities, he stated that pre-paid took care of that. So...do we or do we not tip for the included excursions? What about the extra ones that you would pay for? Tips covered in the price?

2. Laundry. I know there is no DIY laundry on the boat. We are on the Artistry II. Is there send out laundry for a fee?

That's all for now.

Many thanks.

Reb

I don't see tour guides specifically mentioned, although the drivers are.

This is from Avalon's Know Before You Go brochure:

GRATUITIES & TIPPING

Tipping is a personal way to show your satisfaction for good service and is a general practice on all vacations. It is recommended that tips be paid in cash—unless when paying by credit card there is a specific gratuity line. General tipping guidelines can be found below. Each country in Europe has different customs regarding tipping and guidelines can be found in each country-specific guide.

With Avalon, all your hotel taxes, service charges, tips for luggage handling, tips for hotel maids, and gratuities for included meals are included in the vacation price.

For services with gratuity not included in the vacation price, we recommend the following as tipping guidelines.

More information can be found in the country-specific sections of the

Know Before You Go document and in your Important Travel Documents, which will be available 2-3 weeks prior to your vacation.

Since each country s unique, the below are merely guidelines to assist with budgeting.

Cruise Directors:

Gratuities for your Cruise Director are not included in the vacation price. For a good job, we suggest the equivalent of €4 (Euros) per day per passenger for your Cruise Director. An envelope will be provided in your stateroom for you to deposit any gratuities you would like to provide your Cruise Director. It is also possible for you to pre-pay the gratuities for your Cruise Director at the time of paying the balance of your cruise cost.

Drivers

Gratuities for sightseeing drivers are included in the vacation price.

Ship’s Crew

Gratuities for your crew on board our Avalon Waterways ships are not included in the vacation price. For a good job, we suggest the equivalent of €12 (Euros) per day per passenger for the ship’s crew. This will be pooled and distributed fairly among those who have been of service to you, including personnel who work behind the scenes and whose service is equally crucial to your enjoyment of the cruise. It is also possible for you to pre-pay the gratuities for your crew at the time of paying the balance of your cruise cost.

I don't see tour guides specifically mentioned, although the drivers are.

This is from Avalon's Know Before You Go brochure:

GRATUITIES & TIPPING

Tipping is a personal way to show your satisfaction for good service and is a general practice on all vacations. It is recommended that tips be paid in cash—unless when paying by credit card there is a specific gratuity line. General tipping guidelines can be found below. Each country in Europe has different customs regarding tipping and guidelines can be found in each country-specific guide.

With Avalon, all your hotel taxes, service charges, tips for luggage handling, tips for hotel maids, and gratuities for included meals are included in the vacation price.

For services with gratuity not included in the vacation price, we recommend the following as tipping guidelines.

More information can be found in the country-specific sections of the

Know Before You Go document and in your Important Travel Documents, which will be available 2-3 weeks prior to your vacation.

Since each country s unique, the below are merely guidelines to assist with budgeting.

Cruise Directors:

Gratuities for your Cruise Director are not included in the vacation price. For a good job, we suggest the equivalent of €4 (Euros) per day per passenger for your Cruise Director. An envelope will be provided in your stateroom for you to deposit any gratuities you would like to provide your Cruise Director. It is also possible for you to pre-pay the gratuities for your Cruise Director at the time of paying the balance of your cruise cost.

Drivers

Gratuities for sightseeing drivers are included in the vacation price.

Ship’s Crew

Gratuities for your crew on board our Avalon Waterways ships are not included in the vacation price. For a good job, we suggest the equivalent of €12 (Euros) per day per passenger for the ship’s crew. This will be pooled and distributed fairly among those who have been of service to you, including personnel who work behind the scenes and whose service is equally crucial to your enjoyment of the cruise. It is also possible for you to pre-pay the gratuities for your crew at the time of paying the balance of your cruise cost.

We were encouraged on my last trip to tip the driver and tour guides. This was an official thing as people complained because many thought what you posted was true. Including us.

So, I think you should plan on tipping your tour guides.

JC