Attn: Anthem January 25th, 2016 sailing passengers

bren61

Just got off the phone with Corporate Guest Services 305-539-6000. I expressed my concerns about the other sailings receiving the 50% FCC and not our sailing. The agent informed me that it is not falling on deaf ears, that they are receiving many calls from our sailing. She said that they are reviewing our sailing and we may, or may not receive additional compensation. I strongly urge everyone to keep calling and writing for us to receive the same 50% compensation that the other 2 cruises got. I'm not letting up on this, and encourage everyone else to do the same, it doesn't do any good to complain and not take actions, so please make that one additional call and take the time to write a letter to:

Michael Bayley, CEO

Royal Caribbean International

1050 Caribbean Way

Miami, FL 33132-2096

Keeping our fingers crossed that they will hear us and make things right.

Brenda

I agree. This was a very expensive Western Caribbean 12 Day Cruise and they cut it short and changed the itinerary to a lackluster short mileage cruise. Many people on board did not want to cruise to the ports RC selected. We wasted our money $$$ (Grand Suite) on this Cruise and by booking the Anthem! This has left us with a very bad taste for Royal Caribbean. I hope, for the sake of your other passengers, that they compensate people for this trip.

All we are asking for is the same courtesy that the other sailings got. I agree, we have been to the Eastern Caribbean ports many times and was looking forward to the new Western ports. We didn't get the full day reimbursement nor the 50% cruise credit, and you are right, we also got no kick back from their fuel savings. SHAME ON RCL if they don't make things right with our sailing. I have 2 cabins already booked on the Harmony for next March and unless we get the compensation we deserve, it's bye-bye Royal Caribbean. Just made Diamond status too, oh well their loss. We'll take our business elsewhere, where the cruises are cheaper and they include drink packages. We have been loyal to Royal and would like to continue so hopefully RCL will hear us and make things right. Some say the compensation was already decided but I beg to differ, they have the authority to review it and admit they made a mistake and give us all our 50% that we should have been given in the first place.

Thank you Brenda! We are keeping up our requests as well and I hope many others do too. I was accepting of their final decision until I heard about the most recent sailing. Those folks lost 2 days and were compensated the exact amount of what they paid. They also got to go to most of the ports they signed up for. We got a flat fee based on our cabin type - which is very unfair because people paid a wide range of prices for their balcony rooms. With the exception of Labadee, our entire itinerary was changed. If the folks on this last cruise are getting 50% off a future cruise then we should be entitled to that too. That's the only way I'll be returning to Royal Caribbean.

Sending an email will be a lot quicker. mbayley@rccl.com

Thank you Patti & Jim for the email address

Here is the letter I emailed him:

January 25th, 2016 sailing

Brenda Shaeffer <bshaeffer1961@gmail.com>

5:23 PM (0 minutes ago)

to mbayley

Michael Bayley CEO,

I have previously written by mail, and made a few phone calls regarding the unfair compensation that our entire cruise was offered and I would like to request the same 50% credit that the other 2 cruises got. We received $200 OBC for the 3 of us in our cabin which didn't even cover the days loss we encountered, not to mention the complete change of itinerary. We lost the first day due to storm Jonas and our last day back everything was closed down on the ship, so basically lost that day too. This past cruise had their cruise cut short by 2 days, which they were FULLY reimbursed for those days, plus they got the 50% FCC and they even got to go to all their other ports. I, (and most of the passengers on our sailing) truly feel we were not fairly compensated. I would like to ask that you please have the courtesy to review the many letters, calls, and complaints that guest services have received since our sailing and reconsider offering us the same compensation that you did for the other 2 cruises.

We have finally reached Diamond status and have enjoyed sailing with RCCL and would like to continue to do so (we have 2 cabins already booked with the Harmony of the Seas for next March) but unless we receive a future cruise credit, it will depend if we keep that reservation or cancel. If you will, please reply to this email so I will know if there are any intentions to offer us any additional compensation.

Sincerely,

Brenda Shaeffer

Royal Caribbean has lots to make up for the January 25th Cruise where the itinerary was aborted and changed to a "once around the block" sailing. We knew of the itinerary change two days before sailing and we tried to cancel and reschedule the same cruise at a later date...... We were told that we will lose all of our funds paid if we cancelled! That was it......we took the cruise reluctantly as we had definite plans that for two ports that we had to cancel. One of which was a family reunion. Very big diappoinment and Royal Caribbean has to step up to the plate and make this right. They will lose loyal customers. (We too are loyal Royal Caribbean "diamond members" but never use or flout this designation.... As we always book Suites and prefer to travel as Suite Guests)

Good luck with scaling the Royal Caribbean Stone Wall!:confused:

Bren61, you should also post this info on your roll call for the Jan 25 cruise. That thread is still here on the roll call boards. Even though the roll call probably isn't still 'active,' there will be people who are still subscribed to it. If you're subscribed you get an email to let you know there's a new post, so you may reach more people by communicating on the roll call thread too. I really think if there are lots people contacting RC you will win this little battle. And I hope so too - Good luck!

Judy

Royal Caribbean has lots to make up for the January 25th Cruise where the itinerary was aborted and changed to a "once around the block" sailing. We knew of the itinerary change two days before sailing and we tried to cancel and reschedule the same cruise at a later date...... We were told that we will lose all of our funds paid if we cancelled! That was it......we took the cruise reluctantly as we had definite plans that for two ports that we had to cancel. One of which was a family reunion. Very big diappoinment and Royal Caribbean has to step up to the plate and make this right. They will lose loyal customers. (We too are loyal Royal Caribbean "diamond members" but never use or flout this designation.... As we always book Suites and prefer to travel as Suite Guests)

Good luck with scaling the Royal Caribbean Stone Wall!:confused:

Our first cruise was on the Brilliance on a trip to the Panama Canal in 2006. I fell in love with Royal Caribbean and cruising instantly. I've watched countless videos over the years on the building of new ships and the evolution of Royal Caribbean. Over that period I've heard Richard and Adam tell how customer satisfaction and service is so important to RC. As a business owner myself I understand how important it is to grow and be competitive with all the other Cruise lines. The problem is if you lose touch with the people that have helped you achieve this growth and prosperity along the way you begin to have trouble. We achieved Diamond status for this cruise and felt pretty honored. The saying "We are loyal to Royal" in my opinion is quite a statement. Sadly I feel Royal has lost it's loyalty to it's customers. It was the lack of communication and total failure of upper management to be honest and open with the problems on this cruise. And a slap in the face with compensation differences with the cruise before and after the Jan 25th cruise. One more thing. Move your ships out of New York in the winter months. Not to good for the bottom line as I see it.

Edited by jacksoncruisers

Bren61, you should also post this info on your roll call for the Jan 25 cruise. That thread is still here on the roll call boards. Even though the roll call probably isn't still 'active,' there will be people who are still subscribed to it. If you're subscribed you get an email to let you know there's a new post, so you may reach more people by communicating on the roll call thread too. I really think if there are lots people contacting RC you will win this little battle. And I hope so too - Good luck!

Judy

Thank you Judy, I actually posted there first but thought that others would also see it here. I sure hope this battle can be won, but we need as many people as we can, calling, writing or emailing. It's not just for our cruise, if anyone sailing on RCCL wants to have equal and fair treatment, if they would happen to have the same problem in the future, they should also call, it may be you someday in our "boat".

Thank you all for understanding and compassion, let us all put the pressure on RCCL.

Our first cruise was on the Brilliance on a trip to the Panama Canal in 2006. I fell in love with Royal Caribbean and cruising instantly. I've watched countless videos over the years on the building of new ships and the evolution of Royal Caribbean. Over that period I've heard Richard and Adam tell how customer satisfaction and service is so important to RC. As a business owner myself I understand how important it is to grow and be competitive with all the other Cruise lines. The problem is if you lose touch with the people that have helped you achieve this growth and prosperity along the way you begin to have trouble. We achieved Diamond status for this cruise and felt pretty honored. The saying "We are loyal to Royal" in my opinion is quite a statement. Sadly I feel Royal has lost it's loyalty to it's customers. It was the lack of communication and total failure of upper management to be honest and open with the problems on this cruise. And a slap in the face with compensation differences with the cruise before and after the Jan 25th cruise. One more thing. Move your ships out of New York in the winter months. Not to good for the bottom line as I see it.

I really don't feel that status matters anymore to RCCL, it used to though. I was so excited to finally become Diamond once this cruise was completed, but as of now, I'm not sure that we will even be able to reap any of those benefits. I don't have a problem switching to another cruise line if we have to, but I hope it doesn't come to that. They can rectify this problem if they really want to, so if they don't, that only says one thing, THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS, or they would be trying to do what they could to keep them.

Well here is my response from RCCL: Laura ****** <*******@rccl.com>

1:13 PM (46 minutes ago)

to me

Dear Mrs. Shaeffer:

Thank you for contacting the executive offices of Royal Caribbean International. Your correspondence to Mr. Bayley was forwarded to my attention upon review, and I appreciate the opportunity to respond on his behalf. I am sending this response as I was unable to reach you via telephone earlier.

As a returning guest and Diamond member of our Crown and Anchor Society, you are very important to us and I am sorry for your continued displeasure with the compensation extended for the delayed departure of the January 25, 2016 sailing on the Anthem of the Seas. While we understand your comments regarding the other sailings mentioned, their situation was different and we must kindly decline your request for the same compensation offered on these sailings. Our leadership team is aware of your concerns and that of the other guests affected, and to date, we have not offered any additional compensation for the January 25, 2016 sailing. Your insight remains valuable to us and I assure you that we do our best to make improvements in the areas where our guests feel they are most needed.

Thank you, Mrs. Shaeffer, for writing to us. We hope to welcome you and your family onboard the Harmony of the Seas in the future.

Sincerely,

Laura ******

Executive Guest Relations | Executive Office

1(888) 767-4644 ext 11769 | *******@rccl.com

Looks like it's BYE-BYE Royal Caribbean for me, I'm done with them!!!!

As far as I'm concerned we got shafted, the cruise coming back now at least got to go to most of the places they booked and got fully compensated, they are right about 1 thing, the situation was different, ours was worse IMHO! We had to go somewhere we didn't even want to go!

Looks like it's BYE-BYE Royal Caribbean for me, I'm done with them!!!! As far as I'm concerned we got shafted, the cruise coming back now at least got to go to most of the places they booked and got fully compensated, they are right about 1 thing, the situation was different, ours was worse IMHO! We had to go somewhere we didn't even want to go!

So I take it you didn't read your cruise contract where it says RCI can change itineraries and even change ships for your sailing without prior notification and without any recompense.

So I take it you didn't read your cruise contract where it says RCI can change itineraries and even change ships for your sailing without prior notification and without any recompense.

Karen, we need to sail together again. Lol. :p

Marion

RCI shafted these people; especially compared to the compensation that was offered on subsequent sailings of the same ship.

Look at the current Noro/Beat the storm cruise. 50% off future cruises and two days refunded. Those on Jan 25 got $200 which didn't cover the cost of missed days.

RCI shafted these people; especially compared to the compensation that was offered on subsequent sailings of the same ship.

Look at the current Noro/Beat the storm cruise. 50% off future cruises and two days refunded. Those on Jan 25 got $200 which didn't cover the cost of missed days.

I thought the January 25th cruise went to all their ports, but to avoid the storm, the cruise was extended by one additional sea day so they had 3 sea days instead of 2 when returning to Cape Liberty.

I thought the January 25th cruise went to all their ports, but to avoid the storm, the cruise was extended by one additional sea day so they had 3 sea days instead of 2 when returning to Cape Liberty.

No, it was shortened by 1 day. But then the itinerary was completely changed from Western to Eastern.

I haven't read ANY reason why they couldn't just skip one port and maintain the original itinerary otherwise.

The Jan 25 cruisers were compensated by $200 OBC for the missed day. I do not know if this was refundable or non-refundable OBC.

The Feb 21 cruisers were compensated by actual refunds per diem for the two missed days; with refundable OBC. they were also given 50% off a future cruise.

Edited by LMaxwell

No, it was shortened by 1 day. But then the itinerary was completely changed from Western to Eastern.

I haven't read ANY reason why they couldn't just skip one port and maintain the original itinerary otherwise.

The Jan 25 cruisers were compensated by $200 OBC for the missed day. I do not know if this was refundable or non-refundable OBC.

The Feb 21 cruisers were compensated by actual refunds per diem for the two missed days; with refundable OBC. they were also given 50% off a future cruise.

Thanks, I forgot that their cruise was shortened by one day.

No, that was the cruise that went out the previous week. The Jan. 25th cruise left a day late, and did a total itinerary change. (From western to eastern Caribbean)

I also called Corporate Guest Services a few hours ago with no success. The rep explained me that other cruises got their compensations for "service failure", and we did not have any. Change of itinerary was done for "our safety". But as I remember, they said that itinerary changed according to passengers vote, not safety. May be we can write to Christopher Elliott, who writes the Travel Troubleshooter column and often helps people get refunds (or tells them why they can't). His website is http://elliott.org/, and you can write him at elliottc@gmail.com.

Well here is my response from RCCL: Laura ****** <*******@rccl.com>

1:13 PM (46 minutes ago)

to me

Dear Mrs. Shaeffer:

Thank you for contacting the executive offices of Royal Caribbean International. Your correspondence to Mr. Bayley was forwarded to my attention upon review, and I appreciate the opportunity to respond on his behalf. I am sending this response as I was unable to reach you via telephone earlier.

As a returning guest and Diamond member of our Crown and Anchor Society, you are very important to us and I am sorry for your continued displeasure with the compensation extended for the delayed departure of the January 25, 2016 sailing on the Anthem of the Seas. While we understand your comments regarding the other sailings mentioned, their situation was different and we must kindly decline your request for the same compensation offered on these sailings. Our leadership team is aware of your concerns and that of the other guests affected, and to date, we have not offered any additional compensation for the January 25, 2016 sailing. Your insight remains valuable to us and I assure you that we do our best to make improvements in the areas where our guests feel they are most needed.

Thank you, Mrs. Shaeffer, for writing to us. We hope to welcome you and your family onboard the Harmony of the Seas in the future.

Sincerely,

Laura ******

Executive Guest Relations | Executive Office

1(888) 767-4644 ext 11769 | *******@rccl.com

Looks like it's BYE-BYE Royal Caribbean for me, I'm done with them!!!!

As far as I'm concerned we got shafted, the cruise coming back now at least got to go to most of the places they booked and got fully compensated, they are right about 1 thing, the situation was different, ours was worse IMHO! We had to go somewhere we didn't even want to go!

Wow, it looks like they slammed the door right in you're face !!!

Edited by Zigggypup

This was correct. They shortened the January 25th Cruise by one day and aborted the EXPENSIVE WESTERN CARRIBEAN itinerary and chose a much CHEAPER, shorter, unappealing (for us) cruise to the Eastern Carribean with a 4 hour stopover in Puerto Rico. What can you do with four hours of Port time?? They should compensate the passengers for this cruise as well. It's up to Royal Caribbean to make this right.

:confused::confused:

That 200 was for those of us in outside rooms. It varied depending on cabin type. We didnt get shafted. Those who came after us had major inconvenience. We lost a day and itinerary was changed but my husband and I had a fabulous cruise.

This was correct. They shortened the January 25th Cruise by one day and aborted the EXPENSIVE WESTERN CARRIBEAN itinerary and chose a much CHEAPER, shorter, unappealing (for us) cruise to the Eastern Carribean with a 4 hour stopover in Puerto Rico. What can you do with four hours of Port time?? They should compensate the passengers for this cruise as well. It's up to Royal Caribbean to make this right.

:confused::confused:

We did a wonderful private 4 hour tour in San Juan as it was our first time there. Went through the fort, amazing old buildings, toured a lot of the island and it was great..