Attn: Anthem January 25th, 2016 sailing passengers

bren61

I'm curious if they offer their compensation based on how much media attention they think the story will generate. The Feb 6th sailing was all over the news, so they probably felt they had to up the ante in terms of compensation? I don't know if the Jan 25th sailing received that much traction.

My first Explorer cruise was delayed by a day and we ended up missing a port - we each got compensated 15% of our cruise cost.

We are comparing our cruise NOT to the February 6 cruise but to the current cruise, the February 13 cruise.

And your 15% is more than the January 25 cruisers received.

I agree that this seems like an inequitable treatment by RCI. They should have a set policy in place and apply it equally.

However, for those who are threatening to take their business elsewhere, I am sad to say I doubt that RCI even cares. They won't even notice you have gone. That is the reality of a mega corporation - they will take the risk of alienating a small percentage of clients if they feel the bottom line justifies it. Your loyalty level seems to mean nothing at all anymore. Just look at their current emphasis - first time cruisers who will spend money on booze and excursions. Diamond and Diamond Plus people have been there, done that and bought the tee shirt - less potential revenue from them.

So be careful not to bite your nose to spite your face! (As my dear Mother used to say!) If you have cruised enough with RCI to achieve a high loyalty status, the brand must be to your likening and suit your needs. Don't let one bad experience taint years of future pleasure.

Just got off the phone with Corporate Guest Services 305-539-6000. I expressed my concerns about the other sailings receiving the 50% FCC and not our sailing. The agent informed me that it is not falling on deaf ears, that they are receiving many calls from our sailing. She said that they are reviewing our sailing and we may, or may not receive additional compensation. I strongly urge everyone to keep calling and writing for us to receive the same 50% compensation that the other 2 cruises got. I'm not letting up on this, and encourage everyone else to do the same, it doesn't do any good to complain and not take actions, so please make that one additional call and take the time to write a letter to:

Michael Bayley, CEO

Royal Caribbean International

1050 Caribbean Way

Miami, FL 33132-2096

Keeping our fingers crossed that they will hear us and make things right.

Brenda

I called Royal Caribbean, today, March 4th, and they gave me the "morning line" (canned statement). They said they are quite aware that many of the passengers on the cruise were "unhappy" with the change of itinerary and they had a serious management meeting. And they decided that the compensation paid out for the reduction of the one day that was shortened was adequate and FINAL. However, they hope to maintain the goodwill with their loyal customers...... And that is that........ Again, when dealing with RC I say "buyer beware" Good luck to all..........

I called Royal Caribbean, today, March 4th, and they gave me the "morning line" (canned statement). They said they are quite aware that many of the passengers on the cruise were "unhappy" with the change of itinerary and they had a serious management meeting. And they decided that the compensation paid out for the reduction of the one day that was shortened was adequate and FINAL. However, they hope to maintain the goodwill with their loyal customers...... And that is that........ Again, when dealing with RC I say "buyer beware" Good luck to all..........

All I can say is we tried, their loss:rolleyes:, I'll rebuild my status elsewhere. I'm booking either Breakaway, Getaway or Epic for next year, cheaper and includes drink package:D.

As much as I think Royal Caribbean thought they were or tried to do the right thing the last couple of weeks, they failed. So much so that I feel so bad for Royal Caribbean but I do question those making the decisions, do they have any training in customer relations?? Giving a 1 night refund to those on the 1/25 would go a long way with public opinion and goodwill for the passengers on that sailing who felt cheated. It is the inconsistency in compensation from sailing to sailing that does not make sense and ii is unfair.

However, IMO RC biggest problem is the perception that some felt they were being lied to. That is something that is hard to overcome.

Western Caribbean sailings are generally cheaper that Eastern sailings, not the opposite as posted here.

Not correct.

Not true. Look at any ship that sails Eastern and Western b2b, like the Oasis or Allure. The western week is more, all other factors being equal.

We did the January 3rd 12 night Eastern/Southern Anthem cruise and are boarding Monday for the 12 night Western itinerary. The latter cruise is definitely the more expensive in our case.

The port fees and taxes for the Western 12 night itinerary is 27% more alone. In that respect we paid $246CAD for the Western and the Eastern/Southern cost us $194CAD per person. Both itineraries have six port stops.

I also checked the cost in $USD for both next weeks Western and March 27th Eastern/Southern 12 night cruises and the Western was more expensive even though the Eastern/Southern cruise is at Easter time. The port fees and taxes for the Western was $191US and the Eastern/Southern route was $150US per person.

Edited by robtulipe

Very Very well said.

Just because the O.P. has an axe to grind doesn't mean they speak for everyone.

And perhaps the more they speak, the more Royal Caribbean will decide to dig their heels in, hoping the O.P. does indeed take their business elsewhere.

Nobody is forcing anyone to do business with RCL, if we don't like their policies there's lots of other choices.

Hardly

Exactly !!!