Grand Princess ATD

cali-croozer

I am new to Princess, and anytime dining (thought we'd give it a try; have only done traditional dining on other lines). Looking through older posts, it seems if you want to be seated sometime around 6:30-6;45, its nearly impossible. It is just my husband and I and we don't need a table for 2.

Any recent reviews of the ATD on the Grand; we don't want to eat too early but certainly not after 8pm. Are we out of luck?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and tips.

I am new to Princess, and anytime dining (thought we'd give it a try; have only done traditional dining on other lines). Looking through older posts, it seems if you want to be seated sometime around 6:30-6;45, its nearly impossible. It is just my husband and I and we don't need a table for 2.

Any recent reviews of the ATD on the Grand; we don't want to eat too early but certainly not after 8pm. Are we out of luck?

Unfortunately, given the time you want to eat, you will have to wait. We were just on the Grand in December. If we wanted to eat in the MDR we had to make reservations at 8 AM as soon as the dine line opened to eat at 5:30.... We did specialty dining 3 times to have better reservation times :(

One MDR is ATD all night long. Figure that it'll fill up by 5:45 or 6:00, but as soon as the first-in guests leave, more will get seated. You would be in line behind everyone who arrived 5:45/6:00 or later, but I'd think by 6:45 they should be able to turn over a majority of the tables.

Another MDR is TD at 5:30, then becomes ATD as soon as tables begin to vacate. As such, there's a higher likelihood of a "complete" turnover somewhere in the 6:45-7:30 range, depending on how well the galley kept up with the service.

The third MDR is TD all night long, and essentially not available to ATD.

We just spent 32 days on the Grand between October and February. We ate in the MDR on Deck 6 at 7:30 after the traditional diners were finished. We never waited any night. We had a table for two. The MDR on Deck 5 was always busy.

Cheers, Denise

It does not matter what has happened on past cruises.

What matters is how many of the ATD passengers on your cruise decide their preferred time to eat is the same time you prefer.

And, yes, being willing to share a table with others will usually mean you will be seated quicker.