Prepaid Gratuities as Perk on Solstice booking

CCC's

I have recently booked on Solstice for April 2017 (Sydney, NZ, return). My booking is through an online travel agent and I received free perks of - paid gratuities and Drinks Package. However, when checking my booking through the Celebrity website it shows my dining as being waitlisted for the 8.30pm sitting.

I would much prefer Select Dining so I can choose when I wish to eat. Do I need to contact my Travel Agent to change my booking to reflect the prepaid gratuities and preference for Select Dining, or wait until I am on the ship and make changes then? Any suggestions would be welcome.

I have recently booked on Solstice for April 2017 (Sydney' date=' NZ, return). My booking is through an online travel agent and I received free perks of - paid gratuities and Drinks Package. However, when checking my booking through the Celebrity website it shows my dining as being waitlisted for the 8.30pm sitting.

I would much prefer Select Dining so I can choose when I wish to eat. Do I need to contact my Travel Agent to change my booking to reflect the prepaid gratuities and preference for Select Dining, or wait until I am on the ship and make changes then? Any suggestions would be welcome.[/quote']

I'd change now if you can.

Yes I would contact your TA, especially as you have prepaid to get select dining.

If you leave it till you get on board you will have to go to MDR and request select dining.It would save a lot of unnecessary waste of time, and you can begin to enjoy your cruise as soon as you are on board.

Yes I would contact your TA, especially as you have prepaid to get select dining.

If you leave it till you get on board you will have to go to MDR and request select dining.It would save a lot of unnecessary waste of time, and you can begin to enjoy your cruise as soon as you are on board.

There is no correlation between prepaid gratuities and select dining anymore. Op stated that they got gratuities as a perk. I would however check and make sure its on the computer.

I have recently booked on Solstice for April 2017 (Sydney' date=' NZ, return). My booking is through an online travel agent and I received free perks of - paid gratuities and Drinks Package. However, when checking my booking through the Celebrity website it shows my dining as being waitlisted for the 8.30pm sitting.

I would much prefer Select Dining so I can choose when I wish to eat. Do I need to contact my Travel Agent to change my booking to reflect the prepaid gratuities and preference for Select Dining, or wait until I am on the ship and make changes then? Any suggestions would be welcome.[/quote']

I think your TA has to make the change. If you call Celebrity they will likely tell you to contact that TA. There are certain rules regarding TA bookings, and Celebrity says they are careful about honoring them. Which drink packages did you receive?

Congratulations - it sounds like a great cruise! :)

Edited by dustyroadrunner

I think your TA has to make the change. If you call Celebrity they will likely tell you to contact that TA. There are certain rules regarding TA bookings, and Celebrity says they are careful about honoring them. Which drink packages did you receive?

Congratulations - it sounds like a great cruise! :)

I have emailed my TA and asked for confirmation as well as ensuring my "Perks" will show on the Celebrity website booking. Once I see both Perks there I will be happy.

I received the Classic Alcohol Package for two persons as well as the prepaid gratuities. Only booked three days ago and was quite happy with the deal as I thought that the special Promo might have ended on 28 February. But I did specifically ask for them both when I 'phoned my TA and if they were not available, I probably would not have booked.

Also got my cabin of choice, being a SV on level 8. I took on board (pardon the pun) that my cabin is a long way from the elevators, the verandah can be out in the sun for good part of the day and maybe a soot problem, but I am happy to have the extra walking (burn off the calories), and sailing to NZ I might enjoy a little more warm sun during the day - with not too much wind.

This is my third cruise on the Solstice.....I think I am becoming addicted !

Celebrity is offering 2 perks for the price of 1 on this cruise, so you will get those 2 perks from Celebrity.

You did not mention what additional perks your travel agent is giving you.

Do check to see if you would be better off taking the onboard credit perk ($300) instead of the prepaid gratuities.

That way the onboard credit would pay for the gratuities and you would still have some additional money left over to spend on board.

In any case, be sure that your travel agent sends you your guest copy of the Celebrity invoice (not just the travel agency's own invoice).

The invoice from Celebrity shows how Celebrity actually has you booked and it lists the perks you are receiving from Celebrity.

The travel agency should also send you their own invoice, showing what additional perks they are giving you on top of the perks that you are getting from Celebrity.

When you use a travel agent, you lose the option to change your dining time yourself in your Celebrity account, so you will need to ask the travel agent to do it for you.

If Select Dining is full, ask them to wait list you for it.

It looks like a wonderful cruise!

As it is still a long way off, keep watching the prices.

I don't know if it works the same way in Australia, but when you book in the USA if Celebrity's price comes down, you can request the lower price and they will honor the price drop, as long as it is before final payment.

But you need to be proactive about it. They don't just give you the price drop if you don't ask for it.

Celebrity is offering 2 perks for the price of 1 on this cruise, so you will get those 2 perks from Celebrity.

You did not mention what additional perks your travel agent is giving you.

Do check to see if you would be better off taking the onboard credit perk ($300) instead of the prepaid gratuities.

That way the onboard credit would pay for the gratuities and you would still have some additional money left over to spend on board.

In any case, be sure that your travel agent sends you your guest copy of the Celebrity invoice (not just the travel agency's own invoice).

The invoice from Celebrity shows how Celebrity actually has you booked and it lists the perks you are receiving from Celebrity.

The travel agency should also send you their own invoice, showing what additional perks they are giving you on top of the perks that you are getting from Celebrity.

When you use a travel agent, you lose the option to change your dining time yourself in your Celebrity account, so you will need to ask the travel agent to do it for you.

If Select Dining is full, ask them to wait list you for it.

It looks like a wonderful cruise!

As it is still a long way off, keep watching the prices.

I don't know if it works the same way in Australia, but when you book in the USA if Celebrity's price comes down, you can request the lower price and they will honor the price drop, as long as it is before final payment.

But you need to be proactive about it. They don't just give you the price drop if you don't ask for it.

I must have managed to jag the deal for a NZ cruise on CS dep SYD-AKL27 Nov. I only booked before the end of Feb (like the 28 Feb) and managed to get 4 things, free premium drinks package; unlimited internet; $300 obc and pre prepaid gratuities! I rushed to book because thru my web site trolling I thought the deal was ending 29 Feb 16....So could be worth checking in again especially if they will let you get the booking at a better rate or deal.

Hi, FLECKLE. I have just received an email from my TA. They have emailed the full invoice from Celebrity which shows both my "free" perks, i.e. Classic Drinks Package and Prepaid gratuities. I also have the TA's invoice as well which shows both free perks.

However, regarding the Select Dining, I have been waitlisted as they are completely full. But I am hoping that we can squeexe in closer to the sailing. It is for medical/medication reasons which requires my husband to have his evening meal about 6.30-ish, not 8.30+. It was also explained that since January 2016 you no longer have to prepay your gratuities to be eligible for Select Dining, and that probably explains why they are currently full and I have been waitlisted. And that is the main reason I chose the prepaid gratuities so I could choose Select Dining.

But I have over a year to pull all this together.

Hi BAGWHAN. You did snag a fabulous deal. All four "free" perks. The best I could get was only two. My booking was for a SV cabin on deck 8. Did you book a suite ??

Hi CCC's,

Yes I booked an Sky Suite (SS2 - GTY) on-line with Celebrity direct on 28/29Feb 16. Have subsequently been allocated a cabin on 12 deck (portside Mid Aft). My wife and I are very much cruise virgins but I had been studying the form guide for some time with a spread sheet from hell. Was very much leaning towards an Emerald Princess cruise until I saw the offer by CC for Sky Suites on CS. 27 November can not just come quick enough.

cCC's. Contact Celebrity (through Captains Club if you're a member) or through the normal Celebrity number. request the Select a Dining specifically for medical reasons. You'll still have to go to the Select Dining a Desk on embarkation & set up your specific time.

cCC's. Contact Celebrity (through Captains Club if you're a member) or through the normal Celebrity number. request the Select a Dining specifically for medical reasons. You'll still have to go to the Select Dining a Desk on embarkation & set up your specific time.

Excellent idea. I am a Captains Club member and I will get onto this today. Wish me luck. I know I can obtain a letter from our Dr. if that is required.

I have emailed my TA and asked for confirmation as well as ensuring my "Perks" will show on the Celebrity website booking. Once I see both Perks there I will be happy.

I received the Classic Alcohol Package for two persons as well as the prepaid gratuities. Only booked three days ago and was quite happy with the deal as I thought that the special Promo might have ended on 28 February. But I did specifically ask for them both when I 'phoned my TA and if they were not available' date=' I probably would not have booked.

Also got my cabin of choice, being a SV on level 8. I took on board (pardon the pun) that my cabin is a long way from the elevators, the verandah can be out in the sun for good part of the day and maybe a soot problem, but I am happy to have the extra walking (burn off the calories), and sailing to NZ I might enjoy a little more warm sun during the day - with not too much wind.

This is my third cruise on the Solstice.....I think I am becoming addicted ![/quote']

That sounds great. I hope you get all of that confirmation from your TA soon. :D

Hi' date=' FLECKLE. I have just received an email from my TA. They have emailed the full invoice from Celebrity which shows both my "free" perks, i.e. Classic Drinks Package and Prepaid gratuities. I also have the TA's invoice as well which shows both free perks.

However, regarding the Select Dining, I have been waitlisted as they are completely full. But I am hoping that we can squeexe in closer to the sailing. It is for medical/medication reasons which requires my husband to have his evening meal about 6.30-ish, not 8.30+. It was also explained that since January 2016 you no longer have to prepay your gratuities to be eligible for Select Dining, and that probably explains why they are currently full and I have been waitlisted. And that is the main reason I chose the prepaid gratuities so I could choose Select Dining.

But I have over a year to pull all this together.

Hi BAGWHAN. You did snag a fabulous deal. All four "free" perks. The best I could get was only two. My booking was for a SV cabin on deck 8. Did you book a suite ??[/quote']

Just saw this after I answered you. I'm glad that you got your perks, and with this a year away - I'm pretty sure they will get you in to select dining, though the TA should have told you about being wait listed while you were still communicating with him/her.

• 2 weeks later...

Have had success with my email to Captains Club re: being moved from set dining at 8.30pm to Select Dining. It took approx. 1 week for Captains Club to work their magic but checked my booking yesterday and noticed I am now on Select Dining.

Thank you Captains Club. Definitely worth the effort to contact them. And thank you to all cruisers who suggested I contact them.