Bringing Nursery Water On Board??

Am I allowed to bring a gallon of nursery water onboard for my daughter? We are leaving from Miami the end of this month. Thanks!

The drinking water on the ship is as good or better than any domestic water. They blend reverse osmosis water with flash evaporated water (distilled). Bottled water on land is bad and at sea is worse. Bring a refillable water bottle and use the ship water.

Am I allowed to bring a gallon of nursery water onboard for my daughter? We are leaving from Miami the end of this month. Thanks!

I will answer your question. Yes, you should be able to bring on nursery water for your daughter. Though it is against the rules, no one is going to question something for a baby.

If you are using nursery water for the purity, then the water on the ship should be fine - it is about as pure as it can be. If you are using it for the fluoride, then consider asking your health care provider for a prescription for liquid fluoride to use while you are on the cruise. Either way, you won't need to lug a gallon of water around while you wait for your cabin to be ready and you won't need to go back to your cabin every time your child needs something to drink.

If you really don't want to use anything else, see if you can get something in writing from the special needs department. I would hope that if it is preapproved, you wouldn't be hassled about it when it's time to board.

Enjoy your cruise and you little one:)

I could understand bringing water for an infant...but not for a child 6 mo. old or older!

Not all children 6 months and older are the same. My daughter has special needs and needs the fluoride from the Nursery water.

I can't speak for the cruise line but I would carry on sealed bottles of the nursery water.

I would bring whatever my child in comfortable consuming and not risk the cruise line supplying anything for my child. A childs system is more sensitive than an adults.

The key word is 'sealed' so no one can suspect filling the bottles with alcohol.

Enjoy your family vacation!

The drinking water on the ship is as good or better than any domestic water. They blend reverse osmosis water with flash evaporated water (distilled). Bottled water on land is bad and at sea is worse. Bring a refillable water bottle and use the ship water.

Lee, read my response in the "other" water thread.

Regardless of what some say or don't understand that this type of water is used to make your baby formula...You should have no trouble taking a sealed gallon of "Nursery" (brand specific) water onboard with you...It's a special need item...and do bring your own as it's the brand your child is accustomed to.

As someone else said, call Special Needs and explain that your daughter has brittle bones and needs the special water for the fluoride. They should be able to send you something that you can present when checking in with how many ever gallons of the water you need to take. ;)

Have a wonderful cruise with your sweet girl. :)

Edited by Iamthesea

I keep reading over and over again how pure the water on the ship is. On every single cruise when I fill up the bathroom sink I see water with the worst turbidity that I have every seen for domestic water. The water may be safe but it's far from pure.

I keep reading over and over again how pure the water on the ship is. On every single cruise when I fill up the bathroom sink I see water with the worst turbidity that I have every seen for domestic water. The water may be safe but it's far from pure.

110% agree with you on that one! Hubby and I bring our Brita bottles with us :)

Off topic - how is the water on the ship so pure? If the ship is docked in Miami, than the Miami water is pumped in. The same for some other stops. They top of the tanks with local water. When the local water runs out, or low, or they don't stop at a location with a good water supply, the ship goes to their desalination process/plant. During a week, you can have water from 3 different sources. Yes, they maintain the water to specks, and constant testing, but it is still normal, everyday water (unpure).

Now I don't see anything with it, and I don't bring my own water, and I drink it all the time, but I sincerely doubt the water is pure.

They don't use water from land. They purify their own water. They have both steam distiller and reverse osmosis systems. The Distillers use the heat from the exhaust of the engines to evaporate the water and then I believe the chiller side is cooled down by ocean water.

Edited by fred30

They don't use water from land. They purify their own water. They have both steam distiller and reverse osmosis systems. The Distillers use the heat from the exhaust of the engines to evaporate the water and then I believe the chiller side is cooled down by ocean water.

Incorrect, they absolutely bring on water from land at times.