How are daily gratuities calculated for drink packages?

juanarcin

I am considering buying the cheers package on my upcoming Carnival cruise. When I visited the website for pricing info it says that if pre-purchased online prior to sail date, the charge is 49.95/per stateroom guest per day plus daily gratuities.

what I'm confused about is that, gratuities are calculated as $132/per day (11 day cruise) and 15%/per drink. But no idea for a drink package, just says 49.95 per day plus gratuities. Do they add 15% to the price of the package? Are the drinks free but then you get charged for the gratuities of each individual drink you order?

I've never purchased Cheers but I mostly understand how it works. You will pay 15% on the $49.95. So for an 11 day cruise, $49.95 x 11 x 1.15.

You won't be charged gratuity per drink but they will include a slip where you could add EXTRA gratuity if you choose. You might be charged sales tax on any drinks you get while docked in a US port. But that will be a few cents and once you sail away, sales tax is not charged.

I am considering buying the cheers package on my upcoming Carnival cruise. When I visited the website for pricing info it says that if pre-purchased online prior to sail date, the charge is 49.95/per stateroom guest per day plus daily gratuities.

what I'm confused about is that, gratuities are calculated as $132/per day (11 day cruise) and 15%/per drink. But no idea for a drink package, just says 49.95 per day plus gratuities. Do they add 15% to the price of the package? Are the drinks free but then you get charged for the gratuities of each individual drink you order?

The gratuities are added to the daily price of the cheers package. ie $49.95 * 15% = $57.44 per person/per day total.

We thought Cheers was well worth the price. We found an excellent Cabernet at $9.95 a glass and we had 2 with dinner every night. There are so many drinks we would have not tried if we didn't have Cheers. The Mojitos were excellent. It's pretty easy to hit $50, 6-8 drinks and your ahead of the game.

But how are the tips distributed?

The tip pool is distributed by a pro-rata share. Comparing the number of drinks a server served to the number of drinks served that cruise.

Thus an incentive for them to serve more drinks and get more pay.

Edited by BigDfromTN