Port to Shuttle Recommendations Wanted

jwlthief

Hello my fellow cruise-ees. My wife and I are returning on the noble NCL Getaway on Sunday April 10 and have an 11:37a flight out of Miami airport.

I am looking for recommendations from this August body for making the transition from this magnificent colorful boat on blissful water to a drab plane on land-locked concrete.

How do you request early debarkation?

Any special preparations I should make in advance?

What taxi or shuttle service do you recommend?

Where do you ask the taxi/shuttle to meet you?

:rolleyes:What is the average flight speed of a swallow...er taxi?

Thank you in advance. And if you haven't figured out we are excited for our trip, feel free to re-read the part about Monte Python.:rolleyes:

--JwlThief

Hello my fellow cruise-ees. My wife and I are returning on the noble NCL Getaway on Sunday April 10 and have an 11:37a flight out of Miami airport.

I am looking for recommendations from this August body for making the transition from this magnificent colorful boat on blissful water to a drab plane on land-locked concrete.

How do you request early debarkation?

Any special preparations I should make in advance?

What taxi or shuttle service do you recommend?

Where do you ask the taxi/shuttle to meet you?

:rolleyes:What is the average flight speed of a swallow...er taxi?

Thank you in advance. And if you haven't figured out we are excited for our trip, feel free to re-read the part about Monte Python.:rolleyes:

--JwlThief

You will not necessarily need early Disembarkation unless you just want to be at the airport really early. The Miami airport is 10 minutes from the pier by taxi, at most.

No special taxis to recommend. There's a long line of them at the pier ready to take you. That's how I would go, but if you want to use a shuttle there are plenty. The difference is: Taxi goes when you're ready. Shuttle goes when it's full. Check the Florida Home ports board for recommendations.

You will have absolutely no trouble making an 11:37 flight, unless there's an unusually long delay in starting Disembarkation.

If you still want early Disembarkation: Typically the first off the ship are those who are taking their own bags off. That is, you do not set your bags out the night before, but instead you are responsible for getting them off the ship. This walk-off generally begins around 7 or 7:30 am.

And that swallow isn't dead, he's only stunned....oh, sorry, wrong episode.

Edited by VideoTech

I highly recommend UBER. I used it from the port to Mia airport. I walked off the ship, ordered a car on my phone , he was there in two mins and I was at the airport by 815am for a 1130am flight. Total fare= $13

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dido's on the taxi, we used one on our last cruise out of POM, and it was $25. I have read that it went up t $27.:)

Yes it now $27. We just used the taxi when we got off the Getaway last month. The driver tried to tell me it was $35.

The price is posted right on the dashboard as well as the windows.

I guess we looked like country bumpkins.:p

Bill

If it is just my wife and I, uber sound the way to go. It's possible I will have another family of 4 in tow so a party of 6 may require a shuttle.

Appreciate the recommendations on taking off your own bags. Have to do some major convincing of the ladies on that one.

Great info. Thank you again.

If it is just my wife and I, uber sound the way to go. It's possible I will have another family of 4 in tow so a party of 6 may require a shuttle.

Appreciate the recommendations on taking off your own bags. Have to do some major convincing of the ladies on that one.

Great info. Thank you again.

There's really no need to walk off your own bags; I mentioned that as an option if you were concerned about getting to the airport early.

You are definitely not in a hurry with an 11:30 am flight. Put your bags out the night before, and collect them down on the pier. Go through customs and immigration, get in a taxi, and you're off to the airport.

NCL allows you to choose your disembark time. You probably have time for a leisurely breakfast first. Figure out what time you want to be off the ship and choose your own color coded luggage tags in the main lobby the day before disembark. Each color corresponds to a different time. Sometimes there is a line up to get off, so allow some extra time for that and customs. Set the bags out in the hall the night before. The luggage will be arranged in sections by color at the dock. Obviously, you won't need colored tags if you will carry off your own, but you have to be able to manage on your own.