Another Nachi question

margaret10987

Nachi strictly limits how many people it admits. We visited back in Sept 2011 and it was never busy. We stayed at the pool all day as our son was so little and the waves were a bit rough on that day (our itinerary had been altered due to a tropical storm). I don't recall seeing anything get full.

While it is possible that everyone goes for the beach versus the pool on that particular day, I suspect you will be ok.

Thanks all. It has been since 2009 since we have been there. I knew about the limit of 100 people and do remember it was not that busy but because it has been many years thought things might have changed. Still trying to decide on going there or another all inclusive beach club. Does anyone have any other suggestions that might not be crowded. I read that Mr. Sancho's is crazy busy so that is out.

Thanks all. It has been since 2009 since we have been there. I knew about the limit of 100 people and do remember it was not that busy but because it has been many years thought things might have changed. Still trying to decide on going there or another all inclusive beach club. Does anyone have any other suggestions that might not be crowded. I read that Mr. Sancho's is crazy busy so that is out.

Yes, I had the misfortune of going to Mr. Sancho's when 7 ships were in town. I wrote a scathing review on another site. I truly believe the manager cared, but he simply let it get out of control before he cut off entrance. My grandmother was in a wheelchair and he did try to accommodate us. So again, I think it wasn't a lack of caring, just a failure to realize he needed to limit crowds to deliver a good experience.

I am pretty sure we are going to try Playa Mia this time as we have our son with us and I think he will like the water park. That may or may not work for you. Others have said good things about Paradise Beach.

I used http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/ when I booked our Nachi trip. They do have some others listed as well. I used https://www.shoreexcursioneer.com/ when I booked Mr. Sancho's and again they have others listed. I was pleased with both sites and will probably use either one again in the future.

There are plenty of other sites out there as well. Obviously a lot of duplicates with some being unique to the site. Also, not all sites have the same price for the exact same beach club.

Our ship will not arrive in Cozumel until 10am. By the time we catch a taxi and get to Nachi it will be at least 11am. My question is will we still be able to get lounge chairs on the beach under a Palapa? Thanks

Been to Nachi 5 times, only once was it close to capacity of 100 people and even that day, there was one or two palapas all the way down the beach.

That day there was a group of 50 people from a Roll Call that had pushed it up.

The other four times, it was 5 - 25 or 30 people in the place.

I'm sure in Cozumel's busy cruise season of 7,8,9 boats in port, that they push the limit more often.

Can anyone tell me if there is any "off the beach " snorkeling or just the snorkeling excursion? Are usually pack our own snorkel equipment, but won't bother if there is no snorkeling off the beach

Thanks

M

The roped in swim area is nothing but sand and you will see nothing. You might see a few fish if you snorkel around the small pier, but I would take the snorkel tour or not bother.

Another option is to cab to The Money Bar ($10) and snorkel from the shore there - great shore snorkeling. After an hour or so catch another cab to Nachi and spend the rest of your day.

The roped in swim area is nothing but sand and you will see nothing. You might see a few fish if you snorkel around the small pier, but I would take the snorkel tour or not bother.

Another option is to cab to The Money Bar ($10) and snorkel from the shore there - great shore snorkeling. After an hour or so catch another cab to Nachi and spend the rest of your day.

Thanks for the quick response. We have opportunities to do a lot of snorkeling at other times so I likely would not leave to go to another spot and then return. We are taking a four-day cruise with just one stop – Cozumel. The question was whether to bother packing the snorkeling equipment. I think you answered it for us. We have been to nachi before but it has been several years. Will save snorkeling for another time.

thanks

M

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
We just got back from Cozumel and spent the day at Nachi.

It was sold out.

It did not seem crowded at all

The wait staff was great.

It was quiet and peaceful

I highly suggest this place.

If you were on a cruise ship do you remember how much the cab ride cost?

Thanks

Teen divers

Do they have, or can they arrange, a dive trip for my 12 and 15 year old kids. I don't dive but the kids have open water certification. We all have reservations at Nachi for a November cruise on Oasis and I see a place to sign up for a snorkel trip but it doesn't mention diving?

I do not recall them offering diving trips - suspect they do not have the demand to support it.

I would check with Eagle Ray or one of the other dive operators on Coz for options before you book Nachi.

Teen divers

Do they have, or can they arrange, a dive trip for my 12 and 15 year old kids. I don't dive but the kids have open water certification. We all have reservations at Nachi for a November cruise on Oasis and I see a place to sign up for a snorkel trip but it doesn't mention diving?

The kid's ages may be a factor. You will probably have to go along even though you aren't diving--you can always snorkel while they dive.