Help! Which itinerary?

krisbtr

My husband and I are planning an anniversary cruise for April2017. We have narrowed our choices to Conquest going to Aruba, Dominican Republic, grand Turk, and Curaçao. Or Sunshine going to grand Turk, San Juan, st. Maarten, and st Kitts. Now we can't decide. Anyone have any opinions?

My husband and I are planning an anniversary cruise for April2017. We have narrowed our choices to Conquest going to Aruba, Dominican Republic, grand Turk, and Curaçao. Or Sunshine going to grand Turk, San Juan, st. Maarten, and st Kitts. Now we can't decide. Anyone have any opinions?

We sailed Conquest to the same itinerary last February. We had an excellent cruise! The ports were wonderful.

We booked a cabana at Margaritaville in Grand Turk. In La Romana we booked a private tour ''Pro Saona for Cruisers'' through proexcursionsbayahibe dot com. One of the best excursions we've ever taken. Our guide never showed up in Curacao so we just walked around. We booked "Segway Tours Aruba" (segwaytoursaruba dot com) and had a blast. That was our second time on segways, the first being in Cartagena, Columbia.

We did the second itinerary a couple of years ago aboard the Freedom and really enjoyed it, however, Aruba, DR and the Sunshine are all on my bucket list. I don't think you could go wrong with either one. I can't wait to hear what you decide. :)

On our last cruise we did Aruba, Grand Turk, Curacao, and Dominican Republic. We liked it so much we booked it again on a different ship. :)

What really makes this itinerary so appealing is that none of these ports require tenders. So no waiting in line for tender boats or not docking in port because the waters are too rough to use a tender. We love walking right off the ship. Can you tell I hate tenders? :p

Also, Carnival spent millions on a huge port facility in Grand Turk that's amazing. There's a huge beach area with pools, restaurants, shopping, and a margaritaville right there as you walk off the ship. And it's gorgeous! No need to spend money on fancy excursions when there's so much to offer right at the port. Aruba and Curacao are stunning and look like postcards. The Dominican Republic has such a rich cultural history that we all found fascinating and it was also quite beautiful. I would definitely vote for this itinerary.

To give an informed decision, I would need to know if the port in the DR is Amber Cove (boo) or La Romanna (yay).

Honestly, don't think you can go wrong with either itinerary. Both will be awesome. I would probably pick the first one, only because it would have 3 new ports for me. I've been to all the ports on the second itinerary.

Perhaps you could explain what you like to do while in port. Shop, snorkel, lay out on the beach, just wander about? Some ports are better than others depending on the activity you enjoy. Otherwise they are both nice itineraries.

Well actually we are celebrating our 30 year anniversary this April, so we chose the Sunshine itinerary for this year. Have been to some of the ports but looking forward to St. Kitts, heard great things about it. However we then decided to book the Aruba, Curaçao, Grand Turk itinerary on the Magic this fall when the ship moves to Port Canaveral. We have sailed on the Conquest, must admit not our favorite ship (no serenity deck:(), don't think I would sail on her again if I had other choices. Good Luck on your choice!

We're leaning toward the first one...but I've never been on the Sunshine. Have been on the Conquest a few years ago. In port we like to relax on a beach, take in local food and explore. Not much into snorkeling or diving

In Grand Turk, you can walk to Jack's Shack & relax. Sunset also does a horseback ride/swim there.

If you dive, Aruba has scuba - well all ports do, but that where I dove.

Curacao is an interesting place to go walk around. When we were there, it was a late departure, so we ate dinner at a restaurant there with a great view of the city and the ship all lit up.

La Romana, we did a boat ride out to Saona - had a blast.

I loved this itinerary.