Miami Hotel- Kid Friendly

Sunkissed Mommy

We plan to stay at a hotel on Miami Beach or close by there for a few days before our cruise. We actually live in south Florida, about an hour north, but we're clueless when it comes to family friendly hotels down here because we never stay in them since we live here! We plan to do some Miami area activities like the Zoo, Miami Children's Museum, etc.

Here's the wish list:

- Traveling with a 3 year old, so I'd like it to be kid friendly.

- Nice pool area (kid friendly as well)

- Near or on the beach if possible, but not a deal breaker.

- Self- contained parking (I dont want to street park or have to make a long walk to/from the car).

-Walking distance to reasonable food, we don't "do" fancy food with a 3 year old in tow! lol

Edited by Sunkissed Mommy

One of the resorts on Key Biscayne may work well for you. Hopefully one of the locals more familiar with them will come along. Your biggest obstacle will be finding a hotel with easy in and out parking, understandably necessary with a 3 year old but not easily found in Miami-Dade outside of suburban strip motels. And there are fewer clusters of family friendly restaurants outside of residential neighborhoods than you might expect.

Were you planning on just parking at the port for the length of your cruise? You may want to consider a park-and-cruise hotel package. Location of these or any hotels relative to what you wish to see is also a consideration--you do know that the Miami Childrens Museum and ZooMiami are at opposite ends of the county a good hour apart.

Were you planning on just parking at the port for the length of your cruise? You may want to consider a park-and-cruise hotel package. Location of these or any hotels relative to what you wish to see is also a consideration--you do know that the Miami Childrens Museum and ZooMiami are at opposite ends of the county a good hour apart.

I am willing to park either at the hotel or at the port. I don't trust most of Miami's parking, bad past experiences. So I prefer to park somewhere safe. I dont mind spending a few extra dollars.

I am well aware of their locations. 25 miles apart. Thats a lot better than the distance between our home and the Zoo, over 80 miles! So thats why we're making an extended trip out of it, to take advantage of the things down there since we never trek down that way.

The Ritz Carlton South Beach would be perfect. They have fantastic kids programs and the parking is valet.

Lots of restaurants to walk to.

Just pulled it up... $1400 for 3 nights. While we aren't pinching pennies, we also don't like to overspend for a few days before our cruise.

I am willing to park either at the hotel or at the port. I don't trust most of Miami's parking, bad past experiences. So I prefer to park somewhere safe. I dont mind spending a few extra dollars.

I am well aware of their locations. 25 miles apart. Thats a lot better than the distance between our home and the Zoo, over 80 miles! So thats why we're making an extended trip out of it, to take advantage of the things down there since we never trek down that way.

I would suggest Parrot Jungle and the Children's Museum since they are across the street from each other.

The Ritz Carlton or Silver Sands on Key Biscayne would also work very well for you.

I read a very nice cruise review that included a pre-cruise stay at the Savoy Hotel on Miami Beach. I have not personally stayed there but the pictures and review were all positive. The reviewer had his family in tow and raved about the place.

Sent from my VS880 using Forums mobile app

Just pulled it up... $1400 for 3 nights. While we aren't pinching pennies, we also don't like to overspend for a few days before our cruise.

Check out the Marriott Stanton South Beach. Beachfront hotel in the south of 5th neighborhood with a pool and walking distance to many things.

I'm sitting in the brand new Residence Inn South Beach...me and my four kids aged 9 and under! Parking is valet and was easy even with my roof carrier, free breakfast and all suites. We got here too late to swim but there is a pool....I booked their grand opening rate which was 190.