Royal Caribbean - Is This A Good Deal?

Looking to book our first time cruise and been looking a Royal Caribbean?

I have no clue what is a good price point. Looking to do an Eastern or Southern Caribbean cruise after our wedding on Oct 1.

I found this price right on their website:

Oasis Of The Sea

---------------------------------------

Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Large Balcony Deck 8

$2,701.02USD including taxes, Gratuities and Vacation Protection

That seems reasonable to me but please give me things to consider ;)

My fiance needs to have this booked this week to request time off since she works in healthcare. I feel like I'm being rushed into a decision and I'm freaking out! :)

Edited by HoppierIsBetter

Book it now and then monitor the price, if you see a price drop anytime before final payment is due just call and ask for the new price. We usually book 12-18 months in advance to lock in our cabin and perks and then call our TA whenever there is a price drop and get the new price while on the phone, on our last transatlantic cruise we had three price drops totaling over $800.00. happy cruising

Book it now and then monitor the price, if you see a price drop anytime before final payment is due just call and ask for the new price. We usually book 12-18 months in advance to lock in our cabin and perks and then call our TA whenever there is a price drop and get the new price while on the phone, on our last transatlantic cruise we had three price drops totaling over $800.00. happy cruising

The price I saw was through RC directly. My travel agent (first time using them) isn't being as responsive as I would like. I was told I would get a response Friday and here it is Monday and still nothing. I have to book it this week though because we need to submit time off by this Friday.

I see you also posted on RCI: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2325815

I can't tell if you are getting married Oct. 1 or wanting to cruise Oct. 1 -- Which? If you are getting married Oct. 1, you won't be able to cruise also on Oct. 1 -- unless you have a morning wedding -- or get married on the ship. You are from MA. If you are getting married there, obviously you won't make a same-day cruise.

Check on the Allure of the Seas also -- same layout as the Oasis. It leaves and return on Sunday instead of Saturday and might work better for you.

It is always best to fly down at least one day before the cruise departs. Flying down the day of the cruise can be stressful -- And the ship won't wait for you if you are delayed.

One nice thing about USA RCI bookings -- you can cancel for a full refund before final payment date. Note that RCI final payment dates are moving up by 2 weeks soon -- 90 days instead of 75 days before sailing. So you'd have until around July 1 to cancel should you find something better. Also, I'm sure you know that Oct. 1 is hurricane season. You might have a "plan B" just in case. Oh, you might check the price on a full suite (grand suite). You get free drinks and a concierge lounge, and a much larger cabin. Of course, you pay for it with a higher price, but it might be worth it.

Edited by Jimnbigd

Also consider booking direct with RCL, you then have 60 days in which you can transfer your booking to your TA, that will allow you time to see what kind of perks other TA"S are offering during the upcoming Easter sales, look for OBC, specialty dining, or a drink package. Letting a TA that you find offering incentives transfer your booking is super simple.. and you still keep all that RCL has already given you. we have been on both Allure and Oasis, you will not be disappointed.. happy wedding day and cruise.. Once you book your cruise go to your roll call and RCL forum for lots of tips and info..

Guest maddycat

As someone else suggested, I would book directly with RCI, especially since the travel agent that you are now dealing with is not being responsive. After you are booked with RCI, shop for a TA. See what they offer. Make sure that they don't charge a cancellation fee or a price drop fee. You will have 60 days to transfer your booking from RCI to a TA. Buy travel insurance. Fly down a day early.

Good luck and congratulation on your upcoming wedding.

Edited by maddycat

Doesn't seem like a real good deal to me. It's fine tho... I paid less that that around the same time. We always do a regular balcony. Wasn't sure if that's what you had or a little larger one. We just get the regular size, as we're not out there that long.

Is this for two people? Assuming it is.

Yes, check the Allure as well. Basically the same ship. I'm paying less than that for this Sep. on the Allure with a 350.00 obc and a free specialty restaurant dinner of my choice.

If you're comfortable paying that, then do it. Keep an eye out for price drops. If I see one, I call my ta and he calls Royal for me to have the price adjusted.

We've had the same ta for years. We always get an obc with him and got the free dinner as well. Got another obc with Royal when we booked with the promotion that was running at that time.