Bon voyage - qm2 world cruise sectors

Great shot . Thanks for posting.

Shame they did not toot...perhaps they had already been introduced...:D:D

LOl, yes, etiquette requires an introduction before tooting is allowed.:p

Edited by MicCanberra

Great shot . Thanks for posting.

Shame they did not toot...perhaps they had already been introduced...:D:D

Thanks! It would be great to see one taken from QM2!

Haha perhaps!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks! It would be great to see one taken from QM2!

Haha perhaps!

That's where we were lucky when we passed by Cook's Endeavour replica in 2012. I have the video of us passing them, someone on the Endeavor took a video of them passing the QM2, and a hovering helicopter took a photo of both ships passing each other. The Endeavour loaded a cannonball at us, and the QM2 sounded her horn. Priceless!

http://avax.news/appealing/Queen_Mary_2_And_The_Endeavour_Cross_Paths_As_They_Circumnavigate_Australia.html

Edited by Pushka

That's where we were lucky when we passed by Cook's Endeavour replica in 2012. I have the video of us passing them, someone on the Endeavor took a video of them passing the QM2, and a hovering helicopter took a photo of both ships passing each other. The Endeavour loaded a cannonball at us, and the QM2 sounded her horn. Priceless!

http://avax.news/appealing/Queen_Mary_2_And_The_Endeavour_Cross_Paths_As_They_Circumnavigate_Australia.html

I enjoy watching this every time. Cheers.:D

Amazing photos! The QM2 looks even more impressive when compared to the Endeavour!! :D

Amazing photos! The QM2 looks even more impressive when compared to the Endeavour!! :D

I suppose it would be compared canoes of the indigenous Australians and islanders and such when the original endeavour and such first sailed by. Although scary instead of impressive may have been more the word.

Edited by MicCanberra

Having been out of range of Marine Traffics radar tracking they are now back in busier waters. They have just past Taipei as they head to the congested shipping lanes around Shanghai where they will be tomorrow...(Sat).

25%20q_zpsyfp5mxna.jpg

25%20q2_zpsqwnb3gh4.jpg

The Marine Traffic radar is showing them docked in Shanghai.....:):)

local time 4am....so they arrived nice and early and no fog or river traffic to contend with.

Other thing of interest is that Quantam of the Seas must have been there yesterday as it show up as having left .

Some on board had been wary of not getting into Shanghai and I believe it has been missed in the past.

They are all set for a great day, all be it a bit cooler than their last port of call.

The lights of Shanghai from the bridge cam....no fog so far

2rz78d5.jpg

The 4am arrival sounds about right. We were supposed to enter the channel at midnight and its a four hour transit. But we had to anchor out because of fog. Finally got the entry pass at 8am for a midday arrival. Too late for our excursions.

My friends have organised a private guide for the day. They were unsure of what time to meet him and worried they may miss out....but it all looks good...and least as far as we can tell when only relying on the net.:)

Hope Stu gets out and about. Shanghai will be a highlight of the cruise.

26%20china_zpszoovyzms.jpg

26%20china%202%205.47am_zpso3mswyzj.jpg

26%20china%203_zpsulhzvcss.jpg

26%20china%204_zps0betmjka.jpg

26%20china%205_zpsodjiauyu.jpg

Edited by Kiwi Kruzer

Costa Serena has arrived....

from QM2 bridge to Costa Serena

26%20costa%202_zpsw5udtdz7.jpg

from Costa Serena bow cam to QM2

26%20costa_zpslan7shnp.jpg

The cruise wharf must be huge. Heres a shot from the aft cam on Costa.

Looks like there is room for another 2 ships

s4uubn.jpg

Edited by Kiwi Kruzer

Currently following Regents Seven Seas Voyager as they head for Hong Kong. They will be there tomorrow . Another turnaround day for some. One of the sectors ends in HK while others are staying on until Singapore.:)

2jdtll.jpg

Heres a link to the new terminal in Hong Kong.

I knew they had a new one but did not realise how big it is....

Kai Tak Cruise Terminal

http://www.discoverhongkong.com/nz/cruise/cruise-terminals/kai-tak-cruise-terminal.jsp

Its not that impressive on the inside. Outside is nice though....

635d0224b1dd85d5f9e5d91151de0847.jpg

Edited by Pushka