Star Sabatini Breakfast

dbeckett

I was just reading that some ships now have breakfast in Sabatini's on disembarkation day. Seen as how we are doing a B2B we'll have 2 of them (disembarkation days even thought we'll only disembark once) on this year's cruise.

Comments will be appreciated. I know we can get breakfast delivered on disembarkation day but it would be so much nicer to continue to have breakfast there during disembarkation.

I was just reading that some ships now have breakfast in Sabatini's on disembarkation day. Seen as how we are doing a B2B we'll have 2 of them (disembarkation days even thought we'll only disembark once) on this year's cruise.

Comments will be appreciated. I know we can get breakfast delivered on disembarkation day but it would be so much nicer to continue to have breakfast there during disembarkation.

This breakfast is a perk for those in full size suites only. They normally do not have it on disembarkation day. But there are exceptions and it is at the discretion of each ship.

And yes, it is an awesome perk to have. Very quiet and great service.

Edited by dforeigner

We are in a suite (up and down from Vancouver) so yes we will enjoy it -just hoping the Star does it on disembarkation days. The breakfast delivered on disembarkation day to the suite is okay just not up to Sabatini's.

Anyone who has been on the Star recently (especially Alaska when the season starts) please put us out of our misery wondering if we'll be able to enjoy the breakfasts.

Edited by dbeckett

We are in a suite (up and down from Vancouver) so yes we will enjoy it -just hoping the Star does it on disembarkation days. The breakfast delivered on disembarkation day to the suite is okay just not up to Sabatini's.

Anyone who has been on the Star recently (especially Alaska when the season starts) please put us out of our misery wondering if we'll be able to enjoy the breakfasts.

Room service breakfast the last day in your suite is still better than the other options available that morning.

Room service breakfast the last day in your suite is still better than the other options available that morning.

Yes, I definitely agree. Room service breakfast, in a suite, is great on disembarkation day.

I also like it in Tracy Arm, which is always very early:)

Enjoy!

We were on the Emerald Princess in January and were told by the servers at our Crown Grill breakfast ( Emerald doesn't have Sabatinis) that whether they are open on disembarkation day depends on how many in-transit passengers are on board. There have to be enough to make it worth opening the restaurant.

We were on the Emerald Princess in January and were told by the servers at our Crown Grill breakfast ( Emerald doesn't have Sabatinis) that whether they are open on disembarkation day depends on how many in-transit passengers are on board. There have to be enough to make it worth opening the restaurant.

Exactly, one cruise may have it and the next its closed. ;)

we sailed on the Star to Hawaii in Oct 2015 , celebrating our 100th Princess cruise, so we were eating in Sabatini's for breakfast. It was closed though on turnaround day, as we also stayed on for the 10 day coastal.

Hope that helps. :)

We have ordered room service on the last day and it was not very good. The cheese omelette was not edible and the breakfast sandwich was barely so. The made to order omelettes in the HC blow away room service breakfasts but that is only our experience and opinion.

For those of you that have enjoyed this benefit how did you handle gratuities?

We were on a b2b for a total of 14 days and ate breakfast at the Crown Grill (on the Emerald) almost every day. On our last breakfast we gave the two servers who took care of us every day an envelope with a cash tip. The service was fabulous.

We were on the Coral in 14 to Alaska and ate breakfast in Sabatini's any day we wanted in a balcony cabin!

As Alicomp said last day of the cruise (when Sabatini's was open) cash in an envelope. The people in there really do go the extra mile (more so than the steward in our opinion though he too got a cash envelope)

As Alicomp said last day of the cruise (when Sabatini's was open) cash in an envelope. The people in there really do go the extra mile (more so than the steward in our opinion though he too got a cash envelope)
We have checked with the supervisor in Sabatini's on several ships and were always told that tips are pooled for the staff serving breakfast since anyone of the four or so servers can provide you service on any given morning. As a result, we have left one envelope with the supervisor on the last day we eat their.

We have checked with the supervisor in Sabatini's on several ships and were always told that tips are pooled for the staff serving breakfast since anyone of the four or so servers can provide you service on any given morning. As a result, we have left one envelope with the supervisor on the last day we eat their.

How much of I tip?