Taxi Fare

Mscruisin

Does anyone know what a taxi would cost for 2 people with 2 suitcases from Cape Liberty to Springhill Suites at the airport on a Sunday or to the Country Inn & Suites in Elizabeth. Trying to make a decision. Thanks!

Does anyone know what a taxi would cost for 2 people with 2 suitcases from Cape Liberty to Springhill Suites at the airport on a Sunday or to the Country Inn & Suites in Elizabeth. Trying to make a decision. Thanks!

It should run $55-65. Have you spoken to Country Inns to see if they are offering any kind of transportation for the repo? They are one of the few hotels that offers a Cruiseport shuttle - $17.50/pp, but I don't know if they would do anything for the repo. I'm assuming you're driving down from Canada and want to do a park/sleep/fly from Newark.

It should run $55-65. Have you spoken to Country Inns to see if they are offering any kind of transportation for the repo? They are one of the few hotels that offers a Cruiseport shuttle - $17.50/pp, but I don't know if they would do anything for the repo. I'm assuming you're driving down from Canada and want to do a park/sleep/fly from Newark.

It is a repo but we are getting on in San Juan and getting off at Cape Liberty. We are staying overnight one night before flying home. I know Country Inn & Suites will bring you to the ship but I don't think they would pick us up there.

It is a repo but we are getting on in San Juan and getting off at Cape Liberty. We are staying overnight one night before flying home. I know Country Inn & Suites will bring you to the ship but I don't think they would pick us up there.

Call and ask. You have nothing to lose.

It was a long shot. Taxi it is.

Or we could take the shared shuttle to the airport and then call the hotel shuttle that picks up at the airport. Not sure at this point. Probably wouldn't be much cheaper.

Or we could take the shared shuttle to the airport and then call the hotel shuttle that picks up at the airport. Not sure at this point. Probably wouldn't be much cheaper.

It won't be much cheaper because shuttle fare to the airport for two people will cost almost as much as a taxi to your hotel. You'll also be wasting a lot of time.

It won't be much cheaper because shuttle fare to the airport for two people will cost almost as much as a taxi to your hotel. You'll also be wasting a lot of time.

Ditto. And you'd get to hang out at the P4 Airtrain station.

• 2 weeks later...
Is Uber an option?

Keith

Not at this time.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2322682&highlight=uber+newark Post #6

Newark is a highly industrialized urban area. I'm always stunned that folks who don't know the area will ditch their cars at unlicensed parking areas or "hitch" rides with unlicensed taxi services. Newark is the last place I would ever get into a stranger's unlicensed livery vehicle.