Cabin service only once a day??

jealdaka

And I will leave my steward tips the same. Thing is, I get it. Gratuity is to clean my stateroom. There is nothing in writing or no guarantee that my room has to be serviced twice a day based on the amount of gratuities paid.

If everything is supposed to be the same and never change, why am I paying twice the amount for a candy bar half the size that it was 5 years ago?

*applause* Thank you! Nowhere in any cruise documentation did it ever mention twice a day stateroom service. Not in the contracts, not online, not anywhere. Ever. I still have the pdfs of cruise contracts from years ago. They are all complaining about something that was never promised in the first place. All this talk about cutting tips is just them throwing a tantrum which only sticks it to the little guy. Going from 20 to 35 rooms is a 75% increase in workload! We had a 15 page thread expressing outage over $1 increase in a measly pack of water, but a 75% increase in backbreaking work for the people who make your cruise wonderful is acceptable? WTH?

*applause* Thank you! Nowhere in any cruise documentation did it ever mention twice a day stateroom service. Not in the contracts, not online, not anywhere. Ever. I still have the pdfs of cruise contracts from years ago. They are all complaining about something that was never promised in the first place. All this talk about cutting tips is just them throwing a tantrum which only sticks it to the little guy. Going from 20 to 35 rooms is a 75% increase in workload! We had a 15 page thread expressing outage over $1 increase in a measly pack of water, but a 75% increase in backbreaking work for the people who make your cruise wonderful is acceptable? WTH?

Nowhere ever? Grab a hard to find but still available brochure. They were called perks.

BTW, a dollar increase on an item in my community on a $2.99 item would have consumer affairs breathing down my back, and I would need to provide documentation for such an increase.

ccl1936396_10208859830195765_7020971405884441877_n.jpg.ff68d4ffa95eb4d4ee2e95acdc183762.jpg

BTW, a dollar increase on an item in my community on a $2.99 item would have consumer affairs breathing down my back, and I would need to provide documentation for such an increase.

Maybe you should elaborate what would restrict your or a business from charging whatever price it wanted to for an item. :confused: If I sell Twinkies and I want to increase the price another $1, I don't need to justify that increase to anyone.

I guess you miss the days when water on CCL was $12 or a 12-pack?

Edited by HamSammie

It really is irrelevant if it was ''not ever" stated in any documentation...it was a common service that rooms were serviced twice daily. Period. That is what Carnival has provided, for who knows how long, and now some feel based on what has occurred on some ships , they are cutting back to one service per day.(maybe fleet wide at some point) If they feel that a cut back in gratuities is warranted then that is their choice, whether you like it, agree with it, approve it, or not. The same goes for those who will not cut back their gratuities, it's your choice.

What Carnival does with or to their employees is not our problem or concern. Carnival has their reasons for doing things the way they do them. If their employees are unhappy, they're free to vote with their feet.

What Carnival does with or to their employees is not our problem or concern. Carnival has their reasons for doing things the way they do them. If their employees are unhappy, they're free to vote with their feet.

Exactly!!

Maybe you should elaborate what would restrict your or a business from charging whatever price it wanted to for an item. :confused: If I sell Twinkies and I want to increase the price another $1, I don't need to justify that increase to anyone.

I guess you miss the days when water on CCL was $12 or a 12-pack?

You can try to sell your Twinkies for $50 if you want, but please don't force them on us.

You keep posting over and over about the poor workers and how hard they work. Are you this concerned about everyone you come in contact with? I find it amusing how people act like cruise ship workers are children with no choice but to work long hours for slave wages.

And again you post over and over about how it is wrong to ask for twice a day service. But you fail to understand that isn't the stewards choice. If the company says you have the option for once or twice then you can pick twice. Simple. The company says it's an option and that's all that matters.

You can continue to tell people it's wrong and that we should all pity the workers but that won't change the fact that carnival says everyone has a choice.