Cabin service only once a day??

jealdaka

If you read the latest discussion of this topic on JH's FB page, many people continue to report that stewards on the test ships told them that they must choose one.

Not all stewards on all test ships.

We sailed the Pride and my parents asked for - and received twice a day service.

I asked for once a day service and most of the time received twice a day service anyways.

There was no pressure on us to choose only 1.

Not all stewards on all test ships.

We sailed the Pride and my parents asked for - and received twice a day service.

I asked for once a day service and most of the time received twice a day service anyways.

There was no pressure on us to choose only 1.

The Dream seems to be the problem ship. It's almost like it belongs to another cruise line. A lady just off the Dream posted on JH's page today that she was told to choose one or the other, but she could not get both. She was told that it's Carnival's new policy. There seems to be a huge disconnect between the official dialog and actual practice on the ships.

This is the type of person Carnival employs?

That is the description of a normal human being. Yes, I think Carnival employs normal human beings who can only tolerate so much without rebelling. I can't see them out to get some passenger who is nice to them, but if you are a beech, treating them like crap: yes, I could see them retaliating. You can't???:confused:

Edited by clearwaters

That is the description of a normal human being. Yes, I think Carnival employs normal human beings who can only tolerate so much without rebelling. I can't see them out to get some passenger who is nicce to the, but if you are a beech, treating them like crap: yes, I could see them retaliating. You can't???:confused:

They can take grievances to management.

Well I have read this ENTIRE thread, and will be curious to see what happens when the dust settles :rolleyes:

One thing that I have decided is that on our next cruise I am going to inform our steward that we don't require any towel animals -seen em all enough times, and must take a lot of their time to make .

I'm sure there are quite a few cruisers out there that prob feel the same way ??

Jane

I saw this on JH FB, seems legit since it did come from the head CD.

That card has yet to make it to any of the ships, it seems. It's elusive and mysterious. No one but the brand ambassador seems to have seen it.

Edited by Thorncroft

That card has yet to make it to any of the ships, it seems. It's elusive and mysterious. No one but the brand ambassador seems to have seen it.

While I have not read every single post, I did see one where there appeared to be only the Dream in question. I asked and I never saw a reply from anyone on current sailings and what they experienced. Seems silly he would have one form and everyone else another (going forward) as the test policy has been made clear.

It was quite funny when it was exposed that it has a four month old production code on the bottom right of the card. It's a fake.

While I have not read every single post, I did see one where there appeared to be only the Dream in question. I asked and I never saw a reply from anyone on current sailings and what they experienced. Seems silly he would have one form and everyone else another (going forward) as the test policy has been made clear.

Then you missed the customer that just returned from the Victory.

The Triumph is another one I have read where the issues are happening. I think the problem is that no one will answer when the form with BOTH will be on the ships. Also, the fact that no one at Carnival is even acknowledging that the issues are happening. I posted on JH's page asking specifically when the new form would be on ships and if they will correct how some stewards are relating that only one choice is acceptable. Nothing from him.

I posted on Carnival site under Carnival Assistance - same question - same no answer. Someone else posted too and no answer. I also did something I never do - I e-mailed Ms. Duffy at the Carnival e-mail. Did this back on 3/11. No response. It was a very polite letter. I even apologized for having to bother her with this but I explained that I was unable to get any answers other ways. No answer, not even a form letter thanking me for writing.

This is what is unacceptable. Someone needs to respond to these issues and no one is.

I love Carnival and feel I get a great product for my money. However, when a company cannot respond to any requests for clarification of the cards or when the new ones will be out that is an issue. Especially when people are reporting all over about this happening, even on JH's FB page.

The Triumph is another one I have read where the issues are happening. I think the problem is that no one will answer when the form with BOTH will be on the ships. Also, the fact that no one at Carnival is even acknowledging that the issues are happening. I posted on JH's page asking specifically when the new form would be on ships and if they will correct how some stewards are relating that only one choice is acceptable. Nothing from him.

I posted on Carnival site under Carnival Assistance - same question - same no answer. Someone else posted too and no answer. I also did something I never do - I e-mailed Ms. Duffy at the Carnival e-mail. Did this back on 3/11. No response. It was a very polite letter. I even apologized for having to bother her with this but I explained that I was unable to get any answers other ways. No answer, not even a form letter thanking me for writing.

This is what is unacceptable. Someone needs to respond to these issues and no one is.

I love Carnival and feel I get a great product for my money. However, when a company cannot respond to any requests for clarification of the cards or when the new ones will be out that is an issue. Especially when people are reporting all over about this happening, even on JH's FB page.

I posted an inquiry of the new physical form that still was missing the word both on it on the carnival Facebook page, and my post was deleted. I posted again and again deleted.

I watched someone else post it on John Healds Facebook page. All the other posts were answered but that one. About 6 hours later he came back, and in usual style, called the poster derogatory names,np followed by his brood calling that poster derogatory names, and then posted the fake form that you could tell was a reconstruct of the new form, but not a physical one. It was only a jpeg. I see it's been reposted here.

I posted an inquiry of the new physical form that still was missing the word both on it on the carnival Facebook page, and my post was deleted. I posted again and again deleted.

I watched someone else post it on John Healds Facebook page. All the other posts were answered but that one. About 6 hours later he came back, and in usual style, called the poster derogatory names,np followed by his brood calling that poster derogatory names, and then posted the fake form that you could tell was a reconstruct of the new form, but not a physical one. It was only a jpeg. I see it's been reposted here.

Unfortunately, I was one of the suckers who believed that picture and posted it in another forum. I feel terrible about that now.

Just wish someone would answer the freaking question! If they want to cut service to once a day then at least admit it. Then folks can react with their dollars. If a mistake has been made and the corrected form is getting to the ships, then tell us when. Admit the mistake. Is it that hard?

I don't know if he's posted it more than once, but in the post I saw with this jpg, he did not expressly state that it was the new form or if/when it will be on the ships. Rather, he merely posted the form and asked people if they would choose morning, evening, or both. Several people posted that they had recently been told they must choose one, and he did not respond. I have not seen any statement from anyone that this form is actually being used on any ship. I am very curious to see what happens next. Even JH's loyal followers keep telling him they want the level of cabin service they are used to.

Does everyone remove tips for half service by stewarts?

No,I don't. I consider those prepaid tips to be part of the cost of cruising,and I dont remove them under any circumstances. I know all too well the long hours of hard work they do and with smiles,and i refuse to cheat them of one red cent of their money they have earned and deserve.

No,I don't. I consider those prepaid tips to be part of the cost of cruising,and I dont remove them under any circumstances. I know all too well the long hours of hard work they do and with smiles,and i refuse to cheat them of one red cent of their money they have earned and deserve.

IMHO they earn them by doing a good job and it is their money once they do so. Having said that dont believe we have reduced auto tips for steward in past 15 or so cruises.

While your sentiment is in the right place I think, I also find it hard to accept total absolute statements like you would never adjust your service charge under any circumstances. Perhaps they load a closet up with towels and put a bin in the hall certain hours a day to empty your own trash. 2 stewards per floor just to move the carts, vaccuum hallways, the basics. Ice at request of room service only. Do you mean to say you would be accepting of that, or not even voice your displeasure to someone?

Like Micahsgranddad I reserve the right to see how the service is. If there's an issue, attempt to correct it. If not corrected, reserve the right to adjust payment to whatever feel is reasonable. Rewarding a broken system, process, or under performing employee does not correct an issue and is a detriment to all, and toxic to the company.

Like Micahsgranddad I reserve the right to see how the service is. If there's an issue, attempt to correct it. If not corrected, reserve the right to adjust payment to whatever feel is reasonable. Rewarding a broken system, process, or under performing employee does not correct an issue and is a detriment to all, and toxic to the company.

I would agree with your statements, the hotel manager is a call away.....

John posted on his FB page, explaining the issues with a couple of stewards, that the new cards (with the word both) are on the ships and the issues have been addressed.

Hopefully this has now been done but incredible how incompetently this has been handled up to now by CCL.

I still believe they have an endgame in place to force one time service on us. Time will tell.