People overload

styme123

I also get a little "twitchy" in large crowds, especially when there is some gentle pushing as the crowd moves along.

On a ship, it's actually easy to deal with:

Get to shows early- then don't try to exit immediately. Let the crazy people go first, sit in your seat and exit once the crowd thins out.

Do the steps instead of the crowded elevators. This also helps with the weight gain! When we have three flights, I almost always take the stairs.

Don't try to get as close to the pools as possible. Music blaring, screaming kids, splashing...ugh. Stake out a quiet chair, usually near a less popular spot.

Buffet is craziest when it first opens. Let the crowds die down a little.

Most of all, don't let that ruin your day!

I hate crowds but I love cruises. I have always been able to find a quiet spot when needed. I have also found that by hitting the sun deck early, dining early with ytd, avoiding elevators, and choosing excursions with smaller groups that cruise does not have to equal crowd. I hope you enjoy your first cruise and I really hope you enjoy Alaska!

I agree with LynnTTT and you can avoid crowds by just researching the sip you get aboard and one place is the library before 9 and after 6, the upper deck bars usually dont open for customers til late so are quiet. The fore deck is usually just windy, could be 70 mph but no gusts.

study your ship layout before you even get on. Look for open areas, walking areas, adult only areas etc. have a plan, You say you went as cheap as you could, so I am thinking you booked an interior. A great place to sleep, and if you feel claustrophobic in the cabin, then turn on the tv to one of the ship's cameras, so that you have a view of the bow, making you feel that you are outside.

I don't do well in enclosed spaces, so I book a window if I cant afford a balcony (which is always. i would rather have two cruises a year, than one expensive one.) I rarely spend time in my cabin than to sleep, or some me time to watch a movie on the tv or to get some quiet time. But I dont think you will be blasted with noise in Alaska. So walk around when you board, or the first evening, see where the crowds are, and avoid that area the next day.

I don't cruise Princess, but I enjoy the library, the promenade deck areas. the open area bars, (I don't drink, but sometimes, they are just a nice quiet place to be)

Have a great cruise.

Edited by marshhawk

:D You're gonna love the pre-launch muster, hahaha. All kidding aside, your first impression will be,"wth did I get myself into?", but after embarkation and the muster, everything will be golden. ;)

This might sound like a strange question but I've never cruised before and I just booked a cruise to Alaska this July. Does it feel crowed or like a lot of people on the boats when your on them? Are you right on top of each other. Are the pools/saunas etc. crowded? We're going on the Crown Princess and it holds 3,000 passengers. :eek: I'm a pretty friendly person but I can get a little claustrophobic in crowds and like some alone time as well.

I see where you stated you can handle the New York Subway crowd so you will be fine with the Princess crowd. Pretty much the same but from different parts of the country.