Dream on Sunday - worried about weather

Wardogcoach

You should be fine. I live in Central Louisiana (about 3 hours north of NOLA), and know the route you'll be taking very well (I travel a lot for work). There was a good bit of flooding near Shreveport and Natchitoches, but it's already subsiding some. As of now, all of the highways (I20 and I49) are open. I'm actually leaving tomorrow from here (Alexandria, LA) to go to Orange Beach, AL for my son's soccer tournament, so I'll be driving in it as well.

You should be fine. I live in Central Louisiana (about 3 hours north of NOLA), and know the route you'll be taking very well (I travel a lot for work). There was a good bit of flooding near Shreveport and Natchitoches, but it's already subsiding some. As of now, all of the highways (I20 and I49) are open. I'm actually leaving tomorrow from here (Alexandria, LA) to go to Orange Beach, AL for my son's soccer tournament, so I'll be driving in it as well.

thanks for your reply, greatly appreciated.

It all depends on old Mother Nature.

In the Baton Rouge area, we are told that we should receive up to 7 inches of rain with the rainfall ending sometime Sat Afternoon.

NOLA area is supposed to get around 10 inches. With that being said, it should run off by Sunday. I guess I would try to get as close to NOLA as I could and be early because there could possibly be some detours. But honestly, I think you are good to go

I'm in the New Orleans area and they have been predicting heavy rain and flooding for the last 3 days. A little while ago we had a tiny drizzle for a few minutes and this is the only rain we had this week.

They are again predicting 100% chance of heavy rain for Friday and Saturday but no one knows if it will even rain here.

However, Sunday is going to be sunny and hot and a great day to cruise.

We are on the same cruise and live in Mississippi. Our area is having a lot of flooding and also Shreveport area also. If it keeps raining I am also worried about getting to New Orleans. I am hoping it will stop raining so we won't have any problems. We are watching the weather everyday. So far it has rained all day today.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I take it you are driving? If so, let me take out my crystal ball and I'll get back to you! :D

Seriously though, who really can give an honest answer to this question?

Another "worried" thread;) Maybe they should leave home this morning instead of tonight so they won't be so "worried".

32a8acbdf945a17bd71de61e32d76339.jpg

Another "worried" thread;) Maybe they should leave home this morning instead of tonight so they won't be so "worried".

Obviously you don't watch the news and have no idea what is going on in our area. With 5 confirmed deaths and many homeowners having to leave their homes and numerous roads closing because they are underwater, I think we have the right to be worried. With 12 inches of rain predicted for New Orleans in the next 2 days who knows what kind of flooding will occur. I pray for the families that have lost their homes and their loved ones. Our worry of making it to the ship only pales in comparison, but we do have the right to be worried. If you don't like "worried" threads then scroll on by. Here are a few pictures of the flooding.

Edited by angiem0217

32a8acbdf945a17bd71de61e32d76339.jpg

Obviously you don't watch the news and have no idea what is going on in our area. With 5 confirmed deaths and many homeowners having to leave their homes and numerous roads closing because they are underwater, I think we have the right to be worried. With 12 inches of rain predicted for New Orleans in the next 2 days who knows what kind of flooding will occur. I pray for the families that have lost their homes and their loved ones. Our worry of making it to the ship only pales in comparison, but we do have the right to be worried. If you don't like "worried" threads then scroll on by. Here are a few pictures of the flooding.

I'm not talking about local flooding. I've been through flooding and 3 hurricanes. But a picture of a road is not indicative of a whole city being underwater. So when we had our weather disasters here, the news portrayed only the worst of the worst. Not all roads were closed so detours were needed.

We are on the same cruise and live in Mississippi. Our area is having a lot of flooding and also Shreveport area also. If it keeps raining I am also worried about getting to New Orleans. I am hoping it will stop raining so we won't have any problems. We are watching the weather everyday. So far it has rained all day today.

We will be driving from MS ( Brandon ) as well . Planning on leaving about 8am. Will be watching weather closely . It's rain , rain and more rain here .

Thanks for starting this thread, I am also driving down to New Orleans for the Dream on sunday and have been watching the weather closely. So if anyone has any road updates (specially the interstates 20, 49, 10, 12) those would be very useful. Its hard to get updates for an area you are not in. Flooding is no joke, so I plan on driving during the day to avoid any dark / unknown areas and avoid ending up in some water! But that's my plan. I wish I had the nerves of steel of Ruthlessboss, but then again, I don't live where he lives so he does have an advantage of what to do, where to go, and what areas to avoid!

We will be driving from MS ( Brandon ) as well . Planning on leaving about 8am. Will be watching weather closely . It's rain , rain and more rain here .

We are coming from Brandon, MS also. We are planning on leaving early Sunday morning as well. Have three 19 year old girls and a 9 year old son. The 13th is actually his birthday.

I'm not talking about local flooding. I've been through flooding and 3 hurricanes. But a picture of a road is not indicative of a whole city being underwater. So when we had our weather disasters here, the news portrayed only the worst of the worst. Not all roads were closed so detours were needed.

That picture was i20. West bound was closed. It is now open, but it is still raining.

Lots of roads are collapsing all over the state.

If you are driving south this weekend, stay alert and do not drive into water.

Right now New Orleans is mostly ok, but all we need is for one pump to fail and it won't be.

Hammond is going under.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

www.511la.org

This should help with any road closures. I know both I-49 near Shreveport and I-10 east of BR would be the areas to watch closely. I-10 near the i-49 interchange (the Lafayette area) is all clear.

That website is so awesome! thanks for sharing. I just looked at it, and I think we are going to go with plan B, which is travel to Houston and take I-10. But greatly appreciate it!

That person has been on my ignore list for a long time for posts just such as the one you are replying to.

Click on their name, select View Public Profile. When the page loads look under their name for a little arrow next to User Lists. Click the arrow and select Add to Ignore List. You won't see their posts anymore. :)

That person has been on my ignore list for a long time for posts just such as the one you are replying to.

Click on their name, select View Public Profile. When the page loads look under their name for a little arrow next to User Lists. Click the arrow and select Add to Ignore List. You won't see their posts anymore. :)

Thanks for the info. Will do