Help me decide! Triumph - 5 nights w/balcony or 4 nights w/aft wrap?

TwinMom614

10th anniversary cruise - looking at a 5 night in a regular balcony room or a 4 night in an aft wrap room. 5 night is about $200 cheaper than 4 night. If price were not an issue, which would you choose?

Depends on how old the twins are......if they are toddlers, then the 5 night.

Mine are now 40 (yes, I survived twins, it's possible) so they got their own rooms when we cruised together on Disney.

We've done both, and the aft cabins on the Triumph are often warm. I'd take a lido deck balcony on 9 forward, port side any day in comparison.

Have a great vacation.

Edited by BallFour4

Depends on how old the twins are......if they are toddlers, then the 5 night.

Mine are now 40 (yes, I survived twins, it's possible) so they got their own rooms when we cruised together on Disney.

They will be staying with Grandma. =) And thanks for the reassurance! They are six now, life got so much easier once they potty trained and were able to fix a bowl of cereal unassisted.

As the Triumph is a Spirit class ship, the aft-wrap cabins are Vista Suites and are considered by many to be the best suite level cabin that Carnival offers. The ones on Deck 4 to be considered the "best of the best" offering three rooms and a 10' deep x 30' wrap-around balcony. Having the side wrap portion also means you can enjoy shade and a breeze that aft cabins do not have.

Since this is a celebration cruise I'd probably choose the aft-wrap/Vista Suite. They're magnificent cabins and are several steps above any conventional balcony cabin.

I had an aft wrap on the Victory and loved it. The room had an odd shape that left lots of room on all three sides of the bed (it felt somewhat odd to not be tucked into a tiny space to sleep). The balcony had some shade, some sun, and lounge chairs. I would take one night less for an aft wrap without hesitation because I cruise frequently. If I cruised only once or twice a year, I would probably very reluctantly choose the extra night.

As the Triumph is a Spirit class ship....

The Triumph is not a Spirit class.

To the OP: From my experience, stateroom category is secondary in importance. We did a suite for our honeymoon and, while nice, both my wife and I agreed that we could've lived without it and enjoyed the cruise the same. Our last cruise was to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary and we selected a standard oceanview stateroom. Believe me, it was wonderful. Not for a moment did we miss having a better stateroom. In your case, I'd select the 5 night.

Edited by Tapi

Extra day and spend the $200 on something nice. I will always pick an extra day over room specifics. You will still get a balcony, you'll just have an extra night and an extra $200 this way.

They will be staying with Grandma. =) And thanks for the reassurance! They are six now, life got so much easier once they potty trained and were able to fix a bowl of cereal unassisted.

The time when kids can potty unassisted and get their own drink of water is a time nature gives you to store energy.

16 comes very quickly and you will need mass quanities of energy

When we left our kids with gma and went on a trip I was ready to go home on day 4.

What about an extended aft balcony?

Take the 5 night and try to get the fabulous "L" shaped rooms. They have a double size balcony with room for a full size lounger. It is priced as a regular balcony, so a great value! You can find them on the deck plans on the 6th and 7th deck next to the aft wrap.

Looks like I'm outnumbered here. We love, love, love the aft wrap cabins. You get a reclining lounger with no worries about chair hogs, a view of the wake with no one standing in your way. You just have to go up a deck or two to the bar to grab a drink. If you get to hot in the sun you just have to go around the corner, of your own private deck, and catch a breeze. I'm hard pressed now to get DH into any other type of room.

Take the 5 night and try to get the fabulous "L" shaped rooms. They have a double size balcony with room for a full size lounger. It is priced as a regular balcony, so a great value! You can find them on the deck plans on the 6th and 7th deck next to the aft wrap.

Thank you so much! Found one on the 6th =)