PLEASE HELP ! Princess vs HAL????

tweetypie_67

Just seems to me that is something you need to decide for yourselves. There are people on these boards who love Princess and hate HAL and vice versa.

We've sailed lots on both, enjoyed both and had some problems on both. It's all what you make of it. At this stage we have sailed more with Princess so get better perks but otherwise there's not a whole lot to choose from. Having said that there will no doubt be those who violently disagree.

Just seems to me that is something you need to decide for yourselves. There are people on these boards who love Princess and hate HAL and vice versa.

We've sailed lots on both, enjoyed both and had some problems on both. It's all what you make of it. At this stage we have sailed more with Princess so get better perks but otherwise there's not a whole lot to choose from. Having said that there will no doubt be those who violently disagree.

Agree with this comment . Sailed a Princess cruise with my sister (HAL Fan).

She hated the cruise ( 4 day Alaska sampler). Won't even consider anything other than HAL. We loved the Princess cruise (#15) .We prefer Princess over HAL or even Celebrity.

Edited by Kamloops50

Both are very good cruise lines.

If your cruise is a roundtrip to Hawaii out of California, Princess will have much more for you to do on your many At Sea days.

Princess is the better fit for us but have nothing bad to say about HAL! :)

LuLu

We have done Hawaii with royal, carnival, & princess. Loved all 3 cruises, but princess did an amazing job and really made it feel aloha themed. Great speakers, music, activities, food all with a Hawaiian theme.

Haven't tried Hal yet.

Although there really isn't a lot of variation in itineraries for Hawaiian cruises, that was the deciding factor for us when booking our 2017 cruise.

We originally booked a 15-day cruise, round trip out of San Francisco, on Princess which was great for us since we live near SF. The ports are Lahaina, Honolulu, Hilo and Nawiliwili.

After doing a little research I found an 18-day itinerary, round trip out of San Diego, on Holland America. This itinerary includes an additional stop in Kona, and the ship overnights in Oahu and is there for two full days. The difference in price was $500 total, and we were able to get a balcony cabin on the stern, which we prefer. We figured that the 3 additional days, the extra port and the extra time in Oahu were worth the price difference, so we changed our booking.

Like others have said, research is the key to finding something that floats your boat.

Although I prefer Princess, IMO, HAL may do a better cruise round Hawaii. It usually puts in an extra port of call, and it sailed by the area where the lava flows to the sea, but I have not known Princess to do this.

john

• 2 weeks later...