Breeze staggered check in review

cruisinqt

We arrived this morning at 10 am with the 10 am staggered check in. We walked straight up to the check in with no line to wait. There were people milling around outside waiting for their boarding time but it wasn't hard to navigate or get in. :) But they are strictly enforcing the time on your fun pass and there's lots of security and roped off areas. And yes there is a separate VIP area for platinum and diamond. So the guy scanned our passports and fun pass and sent us through. Next we went to the line to get our sign & sail cards. Again there was no line to wait in we just walked right up. :) We now have everything in order and are just waiting for our zone to be called. By 10:30 we were done and relaxing in the seating area. We are zone 2. Zone 1 is being called at 11 am now. Overall I think it's better. Instead of standing line for an hour we are done and sitting in a comfy chair waiting.

After seated how long until you were boarded?

Thanks for the report, sailing on breeze again in august, also with a 10am check in.

Have a great trip!

We arrived at 10 and got through everything by 10:30. By 11:15 they called zone 1 then zone 2 shortly afterwards. We were zone 2. At that time we just walked right on. You don't get on board any quicker than before. The main difference I see is that we waited in seats the whole time rather than standing in long lines. I have a bad back and my husband has had knee surgery so we were much happier with this arrangement. The kids liked sitting and playing on their phones. :rolleyes: I did notice that the lines were much longer after 11. But they still weren't as bad as I've seen them in the past.

Congrats ours wasn't so smooth

20160221_123222_zpsfrcivms6.jpg

20160221_123225_zpsyep1vuno.jpg

We had 12-2 check in and it was SOOO packed that they shut down the check-in operation because the bldg had reached its capacity.

I was guessing they had a problem getter her cleared/ready for our sailing cause it was just nuts the shutdown lasted for about 45min.

We had 12-2 check in and it was SOOO packed that they shut down the check-in operation because the bldg had reached its capacity.

I was guessing they had a problem getter her cleared/ready for our sailing cause it was just nuts the shutdown lasted for about 45min.

I'm so sorry that's terrible! It was kind of empty when we were there early at ten. I bet some of the early folks were running late and jammed up things. If the 10, 10:30, & 11 people arrive at 11:30 or 12 then there's going to be a problem. I was wondering where everyone was. But by a little after 11 as we were boarding I noticed a lot more people coming in.

Edited by cruisinqt

From your signature line you cruised before the actual staggered

Checkin started. It didnt go into effect until cruises sailing after march 1st. Your cruise the time they give you was a suggestion that you didnt need to follow. Sorry

12-2 was before staggered times. The picture you gave is just what staggered check-in is going to solve - if everyone follows the rules.

We were on Breeze 2/21 sailing also. The staggered check-in was not in effect in Miami yet.

There was a lot of noro on the cruise before ours so we were late embarking due to extra cleaning.

Glad it went smoothly.

I've experienced it myself and IMO it is great! My window was 10:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Our boarding was even delayed (11:30 a.m.) and the lines inside were still short. A ton of checkin staff at the counters.

I just wish people would believe that it is being enforced. We saw many people on our cruise out of Galveston arrive before theIr respective checkin window and they we're not let into the terminal. One lady did start yelling at the Carnival host and we watched security walk her over to the Policemen standing near by. They weren't having it.

Thanks for the feedback!

They've been doing staggered check in here in Australia since at least March last year, if not from the beginning. Last year our check in time was 1.30-2 and I don't remember any long waits. I'm on the Legend in two weeks and have the first checkin time of 11.30-12.

Glad it went smoothly.

I've experienced it myself and IMO it is great! My window was 10:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Our boarding was even delayed (11:30 a.m.) and the lines inside were still short. A ton of checkin staff at the counters.

I just wish people would believe that it is being enforced. We saw many people on our cruise out of Galveston arrive before theIr respective checkin window and they we're not let into the terminal. One lady did start yelling at the Carnival host and we watched security walk her over to the Policemen standing near by. They weren't having it.

Thanks for the feedback!

Good to see that they are actually enforcing it. As long as people are informed and obey the rules, it should be much better. One concern is priority people who say that they are going to purposively pick a later time and then show up at 10:30. If enough people (for some bizarre reason) choose to do this, there could be some bad crowds at the early time slot.