Three Caribbean Princess questions

mali06

1. Does the Caribbean Princess have a Chocolate Indulgence buffet like the Regal?

2. How much notice are you given for Crab Shack and do you need a reservation and where do you pay?

3. Is it true that if you show your coffee punch card you get real drip coffee for free?

1. Can't help you with that one.

2. Crab Shack will be announced in the Patter but you can always call the Dine Line and they can tell you what night it will be. Reservations are recommended and the cost is charged to your onboard account.

3. Yes...at the International Cafe.

1. Does the Caribbean Princess have a Chocolate Indulgence buffet like the Regal?

2. How much notice are you given for Crab Shack and do you need a reservation and where do you pay?

3. Is it true that if you show your coffee punch card you get real drip coffee for free?

1-No

2-Its usually held on select nights (in the Patter), they had a sign up sheet,pay after the meal.

3-Yes unlimited fresh brewed is included for the card holder as long as unused punches are left on the card.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

2. How much notice are you given for Crab Shack and do you need a reservation and where do you pay? $19 pp (maybe $20? can't remember), subtracted from your OBC (if you have any)

3. Is it true that if you show your coffee punch card you get real drip coffee for free? As long as you bought the card for "this" cruise.

See above.

Edited by JF - retired RRT

If you don't see the dates for Crab Shack listed in the embarkation day Patter just call the Dine Line (or visit the reservation table outside Sabatini's or Crown Grill) to find out and make a reservation. While it will be held in a section of Cafe Caribe, Crab Shack functions like the other specialty restaurants: reservations should be made early in the cruise, and you will sign a chit for the cover charge at the end of your meal.

The drink package (all inclusive) says:

**Take advantage of our All-Inclusive Beverage Package which includes any individual beverage item, such as soda, water, cocktails, spirits, wines, beers, coffee and tea, up to $10 (retail value).**

So how many drinks on the ship actually cost "$10 or less"? I assume the beers are $10 or less, but what about mixed drinks? I am not thrilled about paying $57/day for a package that is still going to cost me a buck or two for every drink I get.

PS...thanks about the Crab Shack and coffee questions, my buddy and I are seafood freaks, and he's a coffee drinker!

Edited by MoverOfMutts
added PS

Virtually all drinks and most wines-by-the-glass are under $10. Also, just a note to clarify what you said: with the AIBP, if you order a drink over $10, you do not only pay the difference; you pay the entire price of the drink. However, as I said, nearly everything is under $10.

If you try a google search (I find that works better than doing a search here on CC), you should be able to locate copies of the various bar menus.

Virtually all drinks and most wines-by-the-glass are under $10. Also, just a note to clarify what you said: with the AIBP, if you order a drink over $10, you do not only pay the difference; you pay the entire price of the drink. However, as I said, nearly everything is under $10.

If you try a google search (I find that works better than doing a search here on CC), you should be able to locate copies of the various bar menus.

Thank you! Yes, I'm a huge fan of google, but you have to know what to look for, and I never would have thought to google a menu! ;) I did google and find their schedule is called the Patter, so found those. Thanks for the heads up!

PS...this is only my third cruise (the upcoming one on Princess), so I haven't learned all the ins and outs yet.

Edited by MoverOfMutts
added PS

1. No

2. We looked for it in the Patter most days, then gave up and never got around to calling the reservation line for that option.

3. Wish I would have know that...the "regular" coffee was terrible. The only place we found decent coffee (lattes, mochas) was at the coffee bar.

While it will be held in a section of Cafe Caribe, Crab Shack functions like the other specialty restaurants: reservations should be made early in the cruise, and you will sign a chit for the cover charge at the end of your meal.

When I was on CB last year it certainly wouldn't have been necessary to make reservations for Crab Shack early in the cruise. In fact, they suddenly announced a 2 for 1 offer one evening, so I presume they were short of customers.

Just off the Caribbean Princess yesterday!

1. No

2. Call dining line, also person was standing up by the buffet taking reservations I believe the second day. I went and it was packed! I would call dine line first or second day. Also portion I received was smaller than usual so I asked for more crab (twice).

3. I didn't drink coffee so cannot answer.

Just off the Caribbean Princess yesterday!

1. No

Are you sure?

On my recent Princess cruises there has been a chocolate dessert buffet in the buffet area at lunchtime on the last day of the cruise if it was a sea day.

It is not well publicized and if you did not go there for lunch that day, you would not know it existed.