Room ????

Jcsups

Ok so I booked a cruise in May 2015 for April 2016 and got a obstructed view 4K room for two grandkids my husband and I. Well now its gonna work out for our daughter to come with us so yesterday made arrangements for her. I had to get an additional room since this room could not accomidate 5. i was able to take one out of the original room get a credit for one child fare. second room has a window. But now they tell me I may be moved from the 4k room to an inside since the 4k are in demand and they could possibly sell it again. I wont know room assignments until time to board. is this normal policy ? seems to me since I have paid for this 4k room and have been assigned a room # unless its an upgrade they wouldnt be able to change it.

Some rooms have occupancy restrictions. When you book a room with these restrictions online, you get a pop-up warning you that if you change the number of occupants, you can be moved.

If you booked a guarantee, I imagine they can move you to any rooms that fall in your cabin category.

Edited by lizardhowson

Did you actually book a 4K room, or book a gty inside and get assigned the 4K? If you booked the 4K, it is the highest grade of inside cabin, so they would have to move you to another 4K or to an OV. they cannot downgrade you. If you booked a gty and were assigned the 4K, they can reassign you to any inside. EM

Did you book a guarantee? Was it specific 4K guarantee? Hard to believe you got a room assignment a year out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

No I upgraded from a inside to the 4K French door restricted view (life boat) and picked the room. Tried to get the most open spot between boats. They said when I made the additions there is a possibility the three left in that room could be moved cause those are for four people. We went on the same cruise last year with another couple and we each booked 4K rooms so that really doesn't seem accurate. I don't really care about the balcony but like the fresh air and light with door access. Don't plan on spending much time in the room but I paid extra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No I upgraded from a inside to the 4K French door restricted view (life boat) and picked the room. Tried to get the most open spot between boats. They said when I made the additions there is a possibility the three left in that room could be moved cause those are for four people. We went on the same cruise last year with another couple and we each booked 4K rooms so that really doesn't seem accurate. I don't really care about the balcony but like the fresh air and light with door access. Don't plan on spending much time in the room but I paid extra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From my experience looking to book 4k rooms for myself on two different cruises and also for friends of ours on a different date, there are only a couple of 4 person 4k rooms. The majority are 2 people. I think there are a couple of 3 person but I'm not sure.

I'd move now to avoid being stuck with a room you don't want.