first time caribbean

Roaming Rover

Looking at booking our first Caribbean cruise. Which is better ? to go from southhampton or fly out there? Looking at the Britannia cruise either B632 or B634A Which month is better to go ? one is October sailing there and one November flying to Barbados :):):)

All down to personal choice really.

We have done the Caribbean Transatlantic and also flown to meet the ship.

Are you happy with eight sea days? We are but many aren't. The first couple of days transatlantic in our experience are colder but will quickly improve as you approach or leave the Azores. Fly to Barbados and you are into the good weather straight away with more islands to visit.

There isn't much difference in the weather you can expect between October and November. It all depends on your preference. Which ever you choose I am sure you will enjoy it.

Been once in Sept/Oct and once in January. January was dry and less humid than October but also cooler.

It's personal choice as to whether you fly or sail. Personally I loved the relaxing sail across the Atlantic. It was hot from Madeira on.

We have been several times including transatlantic and would say that if you are going for 2 weeks fly to see as many islands as you can in the time, and if you can afford the time sail. You will only see 3 or 4 islands if you do 2 week transatlantic.

We find Feb or March the best time for weather.

Done the early December Caribbean for a few years on Azura, Ventura and last year Britannia we will do the same this year but on the Azura not Britannia. We like to fly to the sun, 12 hours after leaving home we are in the sun that's why we like it. Eight days at sea would be too much for us again after doing TA Southampton to NY.

December we have see a little bit of rain but no much

Looking at booking our first Caribbean cruise. Which is better ? to go from southhampton or fly out there? Looking at the Britannia cruise either B632 or B634A Which month is better to go ? one is October sailing there and one November flying to Barbados :):):)

If you can justify doing B632B (22 nights) you will get the best of both worlds with a TA crossing and a couple of weeks in the Caribbean with the islands then coming thick and fast. If you are only looking at two weeks I would definitely do a fly cruise as you will only get to visit four Islands I think with the TA. We have been several times in October? November and have had an occasional shower but no really bad weather :cool:

If you can justify doing B632B (22 nights) you will get the best of both worlds with a TA crossing and a couple of weeks in the Caribbean with the islands then coming thick and fast. If you are only looking at two weeks I would definitely do a fly cruise as you will only get to visit four Islands I think with the TA. We have been several times in October? November and have had an occasional shower but no really bad weather :cool:

I have been keeping an eye on this one for a couple of weeks. It has disappeared from my saved cruises and does not appear if I search on the P and O site. Suspect the 22 days cruise is now sold out.

Comparing November last year and February this year, the weather in November was better.

The weather will be 28-30c which ever month you choose, with the possibility of the ocassional rain any day but mostly it is short lived. The high season really begins in January which is dictated by the weather in the USA when the winter weather begins to bite.

The choice between the two months is very marginal, I would suggest the best month is the one that suits you best.

I think you have to choose between a larger number of Caribbean ports which also involves two long-haul flights. The other choice in my opinion is sailing home in March. Get the long-haul flight over with up front and then visit fewer Caribbean ports and have a leisurely sea days voyage home. Going on Friday instead of Saturday lengthens your holiday.

Regards John

Fly ! Unless you enjoy 5 days without anything to see and only the ships daily activities, or watching those getting married to keep you from going mad! It was also very bumpy mid Atlantic! We have done both having just returned from 2 weeks on Adonia from Barbados and in 9 hours you are there with 10 islands as apposed to 3 on a transatlantic

Another fly vote here. It's just so great to step out of the 'plane door into the lovely heat having left a cold UK.

Then the islands, tours from ship or independent, always good, with locals who, mainly, welcome you. Sure they want your money but always with a smile.

Rain?, often it might for a short while, then the heat dries it. However, be warned, it might be that an unusual storm might hit any island and destroy some infrastructure. Just as with the UK and flooding in recent years.

We love the Caribbean.