Flower Shop Onboard?

Desertbelle

It's been a few years since we have been on a Celebrity cruise and I was wondering if they still have a flower shop/stand onboard. We will be on the Reflection out of Miami next month and I love flowers in my cabin. We are flying in very late (midnight) the night before and have an early pickup for the transportation service from the hotel to the port, so there won't be time to pick up flowers before getting to the port.

The lovely flower store on M class was removed, along with the Conservatory park area....and is part of the restaurant...Tuscan on Connie and I think Q sine on Inf..,.do not recall it being on S class..,

Have not seen a flower cart ,..I think that was on Royal or a long time ago...used to enjoy that. You can order flowers on line for the stateroom or bring some on board,,,..you get one little vase in AQ that lasts ok....and a rose from Cap Club....some ports in Hawaii, Barbados ...have really awesome flower places at the port.,.good prices..

Once we get to Florida, we have one mandatory stop before getting on the ship. Wine and roses. Well, any kind of flowers actually. I found the Publix supermarket carries a good variety of both, and I buy a nice bouquet for $14.99 that lasts all the way across the pond. Never a problem getting a large vase from our steward.

I had my old Celebrity vase tucked away, the one that looked like 5 test tubes lined up in a row, and I really wanted to use it. I guess I will figure something out. I wonder if I can bring flowers on the plane with me???:confused:

Once we get to Florida, we have one mandatory stop before getting on the ship. Wine and roses. Well, any kind of flowers actually. I found the Publix supermarket carries a good variety of both, and I buy a nice bouquet for $14.99 that lasts all the way across the pond. Never a problem getting a large vase from our steward.

I don't see how we will have the opportunity to stop and get flowers before the cruise....we get in so late and we will be in a van with many people going from FLL to Miami. :(

I had my old Celebrity vase tucked away, the one that looked like 5 test tubes lined up in a row, and I really wanted to use it. I guess I will figure something out. I wonder if I can bring flowers on the plane with me???:confused:

Yes, you can take flowers on the plane. You will not be able to put them in water until you have passed the TSA checkpoint.

You could call/email your hotel conceirge and see what they can do....Or arrange on line to have a bouquet delivered to you at the hotel, asking the hotel to look after it for you until arrival.

Both these would be more expensive than Publix but much easier.

Last possible idea is gifts at Celebrity, can you order some flowers from them? We usually book suites and there are usually some fresh flowers in the room (red roses on Equinox I think) so they must have some delivered to ship. Again possibly a more expensive option but the easiest of the lot.

Hope you manage to sort, have a great cruise!

It's been a few years since we have been on a Celebrity cruise and I was wondering if they still have a flower shop/stand onboard. We will be on the Reflection out of Miami next month and I love flowers in my cabin. We are flying in very late (midnight) the night before and have an early pickup for the transportation service from the hotel to the port, so there won't be time to pick up flowers before getting to the port.

You can order from the Celebrity Website:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/bonvoyage/cruise-floral-arrangements/floral

Edited by Ereggae

You can purchaser flowers before your cruise on the Celebrity website. Or, you can purchase after you board with OBC from the menu on the television. We did this on Reflection last year and had them send one bouquet to our stateroom and a bouquet to a friend's stateroom.

Celebrity Cruises does not have flower shops on board, however each ship has a florist onboard who does flower arrangements by order.

Guests should contact the Guest Relations Desk or their stateroom/suite attendant to order flowers.

Fresh cut flowers can be brought onboard our vessels by guests in all U.S. ports (not necessarily in all foreign ports).

Celebrity Cruises does not have flower shops on board, however each ship has a florist onboard who does flower arrangements by order.

Guests should contact the Guest Relations Desk or their stateroom/suite attendant to order flowers.

Fresh cut flowers can be brought onboard our vessels by guests in all U.S. ports (not necessarily in all foreign ports).

Thanks! I had no idea you could order flowers once on board. :)

So, if I bring my old Celebrity vase I can send it out to be filled with flowers?? I would like that!

Edited by Desertbelle

We ordered from the ship's florist before and were very happy with the product. It was Valentine's Day which is also our anniversary and my husband ordered a beautiful wrist corsage. They said it would be delivered to our cabin, not sure who normally delivers but that time it was the butler.

Thanks! I had no idea you could order flowers once on board. :)

So, if I bring my old Celebrity vase I can send it out to be filled with flowers?? I would like that!

That was my fav Celeb vase....modern luxury! .of course they discontinued it along the way.,.,ordering once u board may be pricey,,.sometimes when I order ahead, the flowers are perfect...other times not so great,,,,but they will make it right if not fresh and full....easy to order on line!

what are your ports? May be flower possibilities along the way

That was my fav Celeb vase....modern luxury! .of course they discontinued it along the way.,.,ordering once u board may be pricey,,.sometimes when I order ahead, the flowers are perfect...other times not so great,,,,but they will make it right if not fresh and full....easy to order on line!

what are your ports? May be flower possibilities along the way

I love my little Celebrity vase. :)

Unfortunately, we have 7 sea days, then Europe. I know once in Europe I shouldn't have any problem finding flowers.....it the start of the cruise I am having difficulty with. :(

I'm still thinking I might put a grocery store bouquet with wet paper towels and aluminum foil around the stems (like how we took flowers to our teacher in the old days :D) in my carry on. If they don't make it I've only invested $8.00

I got a HUGE bouquet of sunflowers in Provence one time...they over powered the flat vase I brought along that inflates in water...but our stateroom attendant supplied the right size vase...they lasted so long...one of my fav flower finds...at a great price!

Did you look at the online flowers...a small arrangement will get you past the sea days..,do you really want to fuss with flowers on boarding?

anyhow...enjoy!

Floral water tubes for stems--that's what works. Check Amazon, etc. They hold just a bit of water and seal pretty well around the stem. They look like a mini plastic test tube with a cap and cost almost nothing. Before going through TSA empty the tubes and refill once inside. You can also roll the stems in paper or small bubble wrap to protect them--just leave the tubes exposed if you need to empty/refill them. I do this a lot when traveling.

Do check with the cruise line about bringing flowers on board in the country where you are embarking---some countries will not let you take live flowers on board due to agricultural restrictions. Seeds are a big no, no. I don't think you will have a problem in Europe. Enjoy! :p

Floral water tubes for stems--that's what works. Check Amazon, etc. They hold just a bit of water and seal pretty well around the stem. They look like a mini plastic test tube with a cap and cost almost nothing. Before going through TSA empty the tubes and refill once inside. You can also roll the stems in paper or small bubble wrap to protect them--just leave the tubes exposed if you need to empty/refill them. I do this a lot when traveling.

Do check with the cruise line about bringing flowers on board in the country where you are embarking---some countries will not let you take live flowers on board due to agricultural restrictions. Seeds are a big no, no. I don't think you will have a problem in Europe. Enjoy! :p

I forgot about those tubes and I worked in flower shops for 9 years!! My bad!! They would work well. Thanks for reminding me.

I forgot about those tubes and I worked in flower shops for 9 years!! My bad!! They would work well. Thanks for reminding me.

They have plenty of flowers on board. I bet if you ask your stateroom attendant he might be able to help you.