On the Gem now, if there are any questions

Kingmaker_inc

What type of room are you booked in? Any renovations to the room itself since you were on it in 2015 (assuming before dry dock)?

We are sailing in a Haven 2 Bedroom. New carpets, but no other meaningful changes.

The rest of the ship, however, looks brand new and quite elegant.

Do your Platinum Dinner Coupons say you can only use them at LeBistro or LaCucina like I have read on here? Have a great cruise! :)

We were on the Feb 21 cruise. Yes, ours did specify that.

The Food and Beverage director (Vik) and Restaurants Manger (Loredana) also confirmed that we can only use them for these two restaurants. Previously they could be used at Moderno as well.

Also, you are allowed:

One appetizer OR one soup OR one salad.

One main course.

One dessert.

**Premium entrees cost extra.

**Any thing extra you order, apart from the 1-1-1, you pay for.

Edited by Arzeena

Kingmaker_inc. ask for a waitress by the name of Athena in the Bistro. Tell her that Dave Dewhurst and Mary recommended you ask for her. Her service is surpassed by none. You won't get anything free, but you won't be disappointed in the service! Have a great trip.

Thanks for sharing & posting - we're going to sail her again but looks like we are going to be on the BA instead (only 3X but heading to Bermuda soon)

Sounded like iConcierge is working and thus WiFi inter/intRAnet is working well enough on the ship for posting & keeping in touch. Question -

is it integrated with staterooms' interactive TV system; and, is there "movies on demand" option - and what are the (optional ?) charges for the collections ??

TIA.

We leave 3/22 on gem.....just want to know if they have an egg hunt or kids Easter activities... Kids keep asking and i don't know...

And yes, pics of dailies would be great...

Want to know if ANY port is walking distance to a beach .... That's all.... Have fun!!!

So, a few quick points arising from things I've read here before I boarded:

Both DH & I are Platinum Latitudes Members. We received two Dinners for 2 and two coupons for Free Laundry automatically. No issue with both of us getting our perk.

We had a great turn out of Members at the CC M&G - thanks to the organizers!! There was also a large turn-out of senior Officers, including the Captain.

Any questions... ask and I will try to answer or find answers...

We

Hi Kingmaker, hope you two are enjoying your trip. I just googled the ship's position and see that it's near San Juan. My wife and two adult kids will be on the Gem sailing July 16. We are familiar with the Breakaway, and this will be our first time on the Gem.

If it is easy to do, would love to see photos of the menus in the speciality dining rooms. Also, what are the show(s) this year in the big theater?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

So, a few quick points arising from things I've read here before I boarded:

Both DH & I are Platinum Latitudes Members. We received two Dinners for 2 and two coupons for Free Laundry automatically. No issue with both of us getting our perk.

We had a great turn out of Members at the CC M&G - thanks to the organizers!! There was also a large turn-out of senior Officers, including the Captain.

Any questions... ask and I will try to answer or find answers...

Hi Kingmaker- would you mind posting a pic of some of the Freestyle Daily newspapers? Also at the end of the cruise if you could let us know what is the standard of food like in the MDR's? Also what is seating like in the Garden Café- is it hard to get a seat at lunch and breakfast? Have a great cruise- enjoy!

Thanks so much for inviting questions! Hope your cruise is awesome...

Is there hard scooped ice cream in the Garden Cafe, or just soft serve machines? We saw it on the Pearl, but not the Jewel or the Jade.

There is both, and lots of toppings.

Question -

is it integrated with staterooms' interactive TV system; and, is there "movies on demand" option - and what are the (optional ?) charges for the collections ??

Not sure about the integration. I will check and report.

There has been no charge for the movies... not sure if that is because we're in the Haven, or if they are free for all.

Edited by Kingmaker_inc

We leave Tuesday! What's playing in the movie theatre? Assuming there is still a movie theatre? Maybe I'm confusing my ships...

They've been playing movies in the Stardust Theatre and also the Atrium. It varies... I've seen listings for Minions, Mission Impossible (one of them), and Annie.

Also at the end of the cruise if you could let us know what is the standard of food like in the MDR's? Also what is seating like in the Garden Café- is it hard to get a seat at lunch and breakfast? Have a great cruise- enjoy!

We have the Ultimate Dining Plan, but I've eaten in the buffet for lunch and in Magenta for dinner. I found the standard of food to be quite high, with a good variety and I enjoyed it. In speaking to other passengers, a theme is that they aren't sure what all the complaints have been... as the food has been beyond fine.

Definitely there have been some times when it was hectic in the buffet; but we've found seats either in the Garden Cafe, the Great Outdoors or La Cucina... and it took only one pass... food still hot, etc.

I would also like to note the BBQs that happen on the pool deck. They have been great at lunchtime. Three things served, so far different each day. Each on had something to recommend it AND there wasn't much trouble finding a seat.

Honestly, for a full ship (and it was reported that it was full) - it doesn't seem crowded on this sailing.

. . .

I would also like to note the BBQs that happen on the pool deck. They have been great at lunchtime. Three things served, so far different each day. Each on had something to recommend it AND there wasn't much trouble finding a seat.

. . .

Agree! The Gem has some great poolside BBQs!