Rental from Cruiseline Formalwear

welikepalms

Hello all,

Has anyone out there ever rented a Tux for their cruise using Cruiseline Formalwear. I found their information on my Princess Cruise Page. Started thinking if I rented a Tux for formal nights that would be less I need to bring.

Seems pretty straight forward you rent the Tux online before your cruise. It is delivered to your stateroom on the first day. You return it to your cabin steward after the last formal night.

Please this is not a discussion on weather to dress up for Formal Nights or not, my DW and I enjoy doing so. This is just a request on rentals from this company and how it worked out for you.

Thanks and Happy Cruising

Hi my dh used them for our last cruise it was great. It alows for more space in your luggage. Formal have a measurement page on there web page so you can give them your measurements so you get the right size tux. The tux was waiting for us when we boarded and given to the room stewart the last night of the cruise.

The only thing that happened was the email confirmation i received confirming the rental went to my junk mail. So if you don't find it in your regular email then check there. Was pleased with the service and the price when we last rented was good compared to renting a tux on land. Will be using the service again this summer for a cruise in the Med. Hope this helps and you have a great cruise.:)

Fantastic! Husband measured carefully, filled in the stats online when ordering, and indeed his tux with two pressed, white shirts was waiting for him in the cabin. Couldn't have been easier, and it fit him well. We have some wonderful pictures from that night and all in all, excellent service. :)

Hi my dh used them for our last cruise it was great. It alows for more space in your luggage. Formal have a measurement page on there web page so you can give them your measurements so you get the right size tux. The tux was waiting for us when we boarded and given to the room stewart the last night of the cruise.

The only thing that happened was the email confirmation i received confirming the rental went to my junk mail. So if you don't find it in your regular email then check there. Was pleased with the service and the price when we last rented was good compared to renting a tux on land. Will be using the service again this summer for a cruise in the Med. Hope this helps and you have a great cruise.:)

Thanks so much for your help. It always amazes me on this site all the wonderful people who share such good information!!

Thanks again and Happy Cruising.

Fantastic! Husband measured carefully, filled in the stats online when ordering, and indeed his tux with two pressed, white shirts was waiting for him in the cabin. Couldn't have been easier, and it fit him well. We have some wonderful pictures from that night and all in all, excellent service. :)

Thanks to you also! What wonderful fellow cruise lovers you meet here. I didn't read about the 2 shirts so that is great info. Makes good sense if you have more then one formal night. I think I am going to do it and surprise my darling wife. Our son got married last year and she is taking her dress she bought for the wedding. I guess another wonderful night with her in that beautiful dress and I in a Tux might just happen. lol

Happy Cruising

Done it many times.

I usually go to a local tux shop and have them measure me. They don't seem to have a problem with it and I slip the guy a $5 bill at the end.

Otherwise, it works as you described.

Done it many times.

I usually go to a local tux shop and have them measure me. They don't seem to have a problem with it and I slip the guy a $5 bill at the end.

Otherwise, it works as you described.

Great tip (no pun intended) lol Thanks!!

We've used that service a couple of times for our son (husband owns a tux). Just make sure you try it on right away to make sure it fits. They can usually make adjustments or swap sizes as long as you are still in port.

We even rented just a vest set for my husband...he wanted something different for the second formal night.

I rented from them when sailing Star Princess in 2011 and everything was fine. Your measurements don't have to be super precise, the vest and trousers are widely adjustable. I did the deluxe black tux package with Calvin Klein vest. The tux and vest were great but the two "upgraded" silky shirts were a bit sheer for my taste; I probably would have preferred the standard cotton shirts.

One thing to note is that you must have the tuxedo and all accessories packed up by the morning after the last formal night for your steward to collect, so don't order a larger package than you will use on the formal nights thinking you will have use of it until the last night of the cruise.

But in the long run if you plan on cruising more in the future, you can purchase a tuxedo and all accessories for around the cost of two rentals--had I known the cruise I rented on was the first of four cruises in eleven months I would have just bought one at the time (which I did the following year and have now worn on five cruises and counting).

Edited by fishywood