Celebrity Eclipse, 14 August 2016, Scandinavia & Russia 12 Nights

purdo

Hi All

This is a great forum, just joined today.

I have finally persuaded my husband to go on a cruise, he said he would only if we booked a balcony & I was thinking of booking this cruise. When I phoned Celebrity today, I was offered a Concierge Class Balcony at a cost of£300 extra. My question is, is it worth the extra £300?

How wonderful for you and your husband. This will be a fabulous cruise. Personally I do not see much value in a concierge balcony versus a regular balcony. If I recall we got one bottle of sparkling wine, three pieces of fruit left daily and snacks delivered about 4:30 - 5:00 if we requested them. The bathrobes might have been nicer too but otherwise the room and service was just the same. We could easily have brought back fruit for out room and gone and got our own snacks. It was nice but not worth much more. I'd use that money and take some nice excursions.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

There is lots of useful information to be had on these forums.

Personally, I would not spend that much extra for the few perks that you get.

I did a very similar itinerary with Celebrity a few years ago and it was a great cruise with lovely weather (we went about the same time you are going).

May I suggest that you at least take a look at your roll call. This is a great place to discuss items about the ship, ports, clothing, excursions, etc. and get to know some of your fellow cruisers in advance. If you want to join (joining your roll call does not commit you to anything), just click on the "Post Reply" button on the top or bottom of the roll call page. They also have a "Meet and Mingle" set up which you might wish to attend (again, you don't have to) once onboard. Here is a link to the roll call for your sailing.

Hope you have a great time!

Thanks for all the info. I did have a quick look last night on the roll call and saw the comments regarding the meet and mingle. I think I will save my money for the excursions. Keith, I'll have a look at that link. The advisor did mention priority boarding, disembarkation etc, but it's not as if we're in a rush, as I'm going to leave plenty of time for the flight home. It would seem to be an expensive option for what we're getting!!

Thanks again.

We had it for a med cruise 2 years ago, it is my only cruise so hard to compare but the "extras" were not great, the canapés and fruit we barely touched. Bottle of champers was nice oh and we did get to keep a nice day bag but all up not worth that kind of money (I don't think there was any extra access to staff). Oh and the embarkation priority ended up being longer than the regular line haha.

But I highly recommend a balcony room, such a peaceful place to sit and leave the curtains open and wake to great views through the wall to floor glass

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk