Gibraltar - July 2016

Looking for people who are on the Oosterdam departing Barcelona on July 11 who would like to join a Gibraltar tour using inside out rock tours. This tour is rated number 1 on TripAdvisor. Looking to organize a group of 8 for the Intermediate tour. This then reduces everyone's cost to £50 each ($72). There are 2 of us so wondering if there are 6 other people out there who would like to join in. It has fantastic reviews and sounds far better than the cruise ship excursion offerings. You get picked up from the cruise terminal and dropped back to the cruise terminal.

The intermediate tour takes approximately 3.30 hours and consists of 7 stops including 100 Ton Gun, Europa Point, The Pillars of Hercules, St Michaels Cave, Interaction with our Rock Apes, the Great Siege tunnels and The Moorish Castle. After visiting sights we would tdrive down through the old town and would also drive over the airport runway towards the Spanish border just miles away from Spain where we will see Spanish Customs at work. On this excursion we get to drive 360 degrees (east/south side) around Gibraltar so we won't miss anything.

Per cruise critic, the only place to post sharing tours would be on your roll call.

That is where I would post this.

Keith

I did post there also. Thought I would cover my bases. Seems the first ones to post on that board have grouped together already. We just made our reservation so now am left to look for others. No new people are posting on that board recently. Thanks anyway.

Are you renting a car?

Your own car would be a hindrance in Gib., and the Rock above & beyond St Michael's cave is a private road - authorised vehicles (eg taxis) only.

Gib. is small, much easier to hop from place to place on foot or mebbe taxi or bus.

And don't rent in Gib. for a day in Spain. The few who rent a car for a drive in Spain rent from a depot just over the border in La Linea, take the bus to the border & cross through on foot. If you see the long long line of cars waiting to cross into Gib you'll understand why. :eek:

JB :)

Your own car would be a hindrance in Gib., and the Rock above & beyond St Michael's cave is a private road - authorised vehicles (eg taxis) only.

Gib. is small, much easier to hop from place to place on foot or mebbe taxi or bus.

And don't rent in Gib. for a day in Spain. The few who rent a car for a drive in Spain rent from a depot just over the border in La Linea, take the bus to the border & cross through on foot. If you see the long long line of cars waiting to cross into Gib you'll understand why. :eek:

JB :)

Do you know of anyone or have you taken a tour with one of the people waiting at the dock? If so, pros and cons please.

Do you know of anyone or have you taken a tour with one of the people waiting at the dock? If so, pros and cons please.

I think you are over thinking your visit here.The vans are used to all the cruiser's that come and go and I bet you will be just fine if you go with any one of them. I was there by myself...not on a cruise..and got one of the vans and was had a great visit.Do some reading first about Gib and you will enjoy it more.

I think you are over thinking your visit here.The vans are used to all the cruiser's that come and go and I bet you will be just fine if you go with any one of them. I was there by myself...not on a cruise..and got one of the vans and was had a great visit.Do some reading first about Gib and you will enjoy it more.

Thanks. I am leaning toward doing as you suggested.:)

We were in Gibraltar last year and used Inside Out Rock Tours. It was one of our all time favorite cruise tours. I would continue to post on the roll call hoping that new cruisers will join and be interested in the tour. You still have three months. Good luck.