New Cheers update- just off the Glory

kbh2

What is a specialty coffee...like a "Spanish" coffee with alcohol in it..???? And where do you order one of these if that is what a specialty coffee is?

Iced coffee, espresso, cappuccino, mochafrappelattehalfcafdoubleccino. Stuff like that.:p There's a little "coffee shop" (depending on the ship, sometimes more like a kiosk) onboard. And you can order espresso and cappuccino in the MDR and Steakhouse.

Edited by ShakyBeef

What is a specialty coffee...like a "Spanish" coffee with alcohol in it..???? And where do you order one of these if that is what a specialty coffee is?

These are the coffees that are served at the coffee shop and in the MDR during dinner. I don't remember if any of the of the bars offer any of the alcoholic coffees, however, it would cover those.

The main point of this being added if the coffee bar and after dinner options. You can get lattes, cappuccinos, and the like.

thanks for the update on the cheers package. i will be on the glory in 5 days and have already bought the cheers package i can't wait.

i know one drink i will try that i couldn't get under the old cheers program and that is the grey goose cognac. i wanted to try that at the alchemy bar on my last cruise on the pride. i can't remember what it costs i think between $15-$20 a shot. :)

I'm so excited to hear a real-life experience!

I was thinking the specialty coffee drinks were part of the 15, but am happy to see it's 15 alcoholic drinks.

So, I could get a macchiato with no alcohol and still drink 15 shots throughout the day, right? I'm so excited about this!!

Before the changes, the break even point for Cheers was 6 or 7 drinks. 15 drinks is a challenge, but not one you have to meet to break even. Under the changes, you can now ask for top shelf alcohol in any drink they mix for you rather than get the standard well alcohol. In your margaritas order Patron level tequila and Cointreau. In you vodka drinks order the most expensive vodka not the well version. Always order the highest priced alcohol for the drink you aare ordering. I also know there are some pretty high priced scotches, whiskeys, cognacs, etc. available. And you can order anything at the Alchemy bars and they are covered under Cheers.

You can actually get your break even point to one or two drinks if you really want to. Take your best shot and have fun. Plus you get all of the non-alcoholic stuff you want for free.

Edited by Retired_to_Cruise

Are the coffee shops open all day long? And are they really busy since the change?

The coffee shops are open all day, I do not know the exact hours but on the Glory there was one on deck 5 and one on deck 9. At most there were 2 people in line every time we were there which was breakfast time. This may be because people have not figured out yet that it is included in Cheers not sure.

Specialty coffees included are all the cappuccino, frappuccino's, also the milkshakes. And yes the coffees with alcohol in them, they have several different choices. You can get them at the coffee bars or in the dining room.

Edited by kbe2

I'm so excited to hear a real-life experience!

I was thinking the specialty coffee drinks were part of the 15, but am happy to see it's 15 alcoholic drinks.

So, I could get a macchiato with no alcohol and still drink 15 shots throughout the day, right? I'm so excited about this!!

Yes this is correct...

Before the changes, the break even point for Cheers was 6 or 7 drinks. 15 drinks is a challenge, but not one you have to meet to break even. Under the changes, you can now ask for top shelf alcohol in any drink they mix for you rather than get the standard well alcohol. In your margaritas order Patron level tequila and Cointreau. In you vodka drinks order the most expensive vodka not the well version. Always order the highest priced alcohol for the drink you aare ordering. I also know there are some pretty high priced scotches, whiskeys, cognacs, etc. available. And you can order anything at the Alchemy bars and they are covered under Cheers.

You can actually get your break even point to one or two drinks if you really want to. Take your best shot and have fun. Plus you get all of the non-alcoholic stuff you want for free.

Even with the higher priced alcohol our drinks were under $12, I am wondering if they didn't even bother changing the price because it was covered. I know they poured the correct one because I watched...

Under the old package you could get Grey Goose in drinks and it would still be under the limit of $10. I always asked for that. I also found that some bartenders once they got to know you (leaving a tip in cash per round may have something to do with this) would give me a couple beers to take back to the room and not open them and also ring them in at different times so there was no 5 minute wait.

Specialty coffees included are all the cappuccino, frappuccino's, also the milkshakes. And yes the coffees with alcohol in them, they have several different choices. You can get them at the coffee bars or in the dining room.

So, milkshakes are included - someone else said they were not included in Cheers. It would be great if they are - not that I drink alot of them, but they are delish!!

On our last cruise we found some bartenders that we could get beer from and they not open them. We could not find any that would do that for us this time so we got the ones with the screw off lids so they would easily seal back. We bring along a soft side cooler and bring the beer on the beach days to drink so we do not have to purchase at Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk, etc. We also did this with vitamin water and regular water this time because they were included in the Cheers.

Yes, milkshakes are included in CHEERS...

Thanks - and let me apologize for asking before checking on the CCL site. I could have sworn I read over what was included carefully before I purchased the CHEERS pkg for my upcoming cruise. Guess I missed it.

Again, thanks for the response.

Thanks - and let me apologize for asking before checking on the CCL site. I could have sworn I read over what was included carefully before I purchased the CHEERS pkg for my upcoming cruise. Guess I missed it.

Again, thanks for the response.

I believe it was just added yesterday. Another thread reported it and had the quoted language from the website showing milkshakes as being included.

The following beverages are now available within the enhanced CHEERS! program:

All spirits, including cocktails, cognacs, whiskies and other spirits, as well as beer and glasses of wine, with a $50 USD or lower menu price per serving

Zero-Proof frozen cocktails, sodas (including specialty sodas) and juices

Specialty coffees and teas served in the main dining rooms, specialty restaurants and coffee bars

Milkshakes

RockStar energy drinks, Powerade, Vitamin Water, Coconut Water and Honest Tea

500ml bottles of water served in bars and lounges

Large format (1 liter and 1.5-liter) bottles of water in the main dining rooms and specialty restaurants

25 percent discount off the menu price for any spirit, cocktail or wine by the glass, costing above $50 USD per serving

25 percent discount off the menu price for wine and champagne by the bottle and larger format water bottles purchased outside the main dining rooms or specialty restaurants

25 percent discount off the menu price for all beverage classes and seminars

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1106/kw/Cheers

Edited by Cruise, J.D.